- 1 (5.9%)
Only show rolls for big things.
- 8 (47.1%)
Cheeseburgers!
- 2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: January 13, 2014, 08:34:34 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: You Are The Resistance  (Read 5967 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are The Resistance
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2014, 04:35:55 pm »

Oh, and get the newbies to train some with the german rifles.
MP40s are for drivers and engies, and for our sabotage teams.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2014, 04:37:19 pm »

Then lets get to base as fast as we can, have any germen speakers drive the lead truck in germen kit so thay can bluff any passing germens.
(It is ok to wear the other sides uniform to fool them but you have to get changed before you start shooting, see Operation Greif for details)

Edit: we will need some plane white cloth to make in to capes/ snow suits to help use hide in the snow.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 04:44:43 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2014, 04:59:17 pm »

Yes, we need winter uniforms.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2014, 05:28:31 pm »

April 9, 1940. 5:30 PM

You hand out 2 grenades to each of the Army soldiers after explaining how they work, and give each volunteer a uniform and a German rifle, before telling everyone to go practice. You see the newbies shooting targets at 10 meters, being coached by a few regulars, and you see the MG doing dry fire practice in a nearby field. You even see a sergeant going through a makeshift killing house the soldiers built out of extra wood. They're like a big happy family, you think as you walk into the general's tent. "So, I see you're not dead yet. How'd it go?" The general listens quietly as you explain everything about the attack. The slaughter on the outskirts, the exploding tank, the dead sabotage squad, the local volunteers. "It's too bad we lost some good men, but at least we got the civilians out. Do you have a plan for tomorrow, or are you just winging it?"

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2014, 08:17:08 pm »

Maps a tad odd.

Lets take out the german group, them move everything away.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2014, 08:35:20 pm »

I have no art tools whatsoever, or art skill. In character, it was scrawled down on a random scrap of paper.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2014, 10:53:50 pm »

April 10, 7:00 AM

The German unit of 96 guarding the valley pass is lazing off. Passing around cigars, talking, you know. You can see them, roughly 80 recruits, 8 officers, and 8 stormtroopers. One thing they don't know is that 115 Norwegians are camped out in the forests, only a Medium distance away. Then, at the crack of dawn, you strike. (115 NR vs 96 GR) (6 vs 19+1) You miss the first shot, throwing the element of surprise. Then the soldiers open fire. (8+1 vs 12+1) Not a single soldier manages to hit one of the Germans. (4+1 vs 19+1) The sergeants can't hit anyone either.  (19-1 vs 18+1) The locals almost manage to hit, but they still miss. (4+2+1 vs 5+1) The MG rips up, and manages to hit and kill a soldier with the first burst. (18+2+1 vs 11+1) The second burst goes much better, killing 9 more Germans. Then the Germans retaliate, (2-1 vs 11+2+1) killing 13 Locals. (9-1 vs 17+2+1) The officers manage to kill the rest of the locals, along with 6 Soldiers. (9 vs 2+3+1) As a silver lining, the stormtroopers managed to miss everyone. (94 NR vs 86 GR) Then you open fire for the second exchange (7 vs 16) missing 2 shots before giving it up. (2+1 vs 6+1) The soldiers open up a salvo, and miss every shot. You have a feeling something is going wrong here. (1+1 vs 7+1) The sergeants miss along with everyone else, as the MG rips up for a second sweep (14+2+1 vs 20!) The gunner shows great skill, but the Germans are better. (16+2+1 vs 20!) You watch in horror as the MG, one of your most powerful weapons, fails to kill even a single soldier. (18) The men hold steady however, refusing to give up the fight. (9 vs 7+2+1) One of the Sergeants catches a rifle bullet in the head, which, thanks to his helmet, doesn't kill him, but knocks him unconscious. (6 vs 20!) 14 soldiers die from concentrated pistol fire, as the fight seems to turn against you. (5 vs 2+3+1) The stormtroopers hit one soldier in the chest, wounding him fairly badly, but not killing him. (4 vs 19) You don't even bother shooting, the Germans are in too good cover to hit. (18+1 vs 12+1) 6 German recruits fall over dead from rifle fire, but it's not enough. (3+1 vs 15+1) The sergeants stay in cover, knowing they'll just be risking their necks trying to shoot at the enemy. (13+2+1 vs 4+1) The MG rips up, killing 11 recruits. (14+2+1 vs 10+1) Then, with the second salvo, the MG kills another 6. (78 NR vs (63 GR (20! vs 17+2+1) Your soldiers just barely duck under the massive barrage of well-aimed rifle fire. (3 vs 9+2+1) 9 Soldiers go down to pistol fire, which is quickly becoming the biggest killer of the whole battle. (11 vs 1!) The stormtroopers bravely charge, but are mowed down by rifle fire, in one of the most disastrous moves of the battle. (16 vs 12+1) You put bullets in the chests of 3 Germans Officers (1! vs 12) The Norwegian soldiers continue to not even make a dent in the enemy lines. (6+1 vs 16+1) The sergeants stay in cover, still unable to get a clear shot. (7+2+1 vs 4) The MG rips up yet again, mowing down an advancing squad of 6 Germans, including a single officer. (10+2+1 vs 20! The second burst of MG fire misses when the squad ducks down just in time. (13 vs 9+2+1) The riflemen miss with a salvo of rifle fire, skimming a few helmets. (6 vs 14) The 4 officers still alive mow down 2 Soldiers each. (19 vs 9+1) You mow down the last officers, (2-5) and the rest of the Germans surrender. You successfully clear out the rest of the fortress. (63 NR Alive, 2 Wounded, 42 GR captured.) Both sides are in shambles, with almost as many captured Germans as living Norwegians. Someone nearby suggests recruiting refugees back at the camp while you try to sort out who's still alive.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2014, 08:39:25 am »

I always find real dice are better than random.org.

You get a more realistic scattering of rolls.

On random.org, you either get a series of poor rolls with the odd good one or a series of good rolls with the odd bad one. Never a good mix.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2014, 12:15:28 pm »

I do wonder if the Gmail has dice but that's his call. I
Honestly play this because it's a better alternative to nothin.

Look hard for building material and German radios and ship back our men. In camp try to recruit men/women
Willing to fight. Ask the general of the refugee camp about possible locations for our partisan base. Oh and see if we can get those Germans officers to cough up the occupations command structure. It's time we begin head hunting.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2014, 01:11:50 pm »

I always find real dice are better than random.org.

You get a more realistic scattering of rolls.

On random.org, you either get a series of poor rolls with the odd good one or a series of good rolls with the odd bad one. Never a good mix.

Agreed on the random.org part - sometimes it really seems fishy. There are some good desktop-dice out there thou, some with very nice functions even. Thou dice in a bowl obviously is best for authenticity.

Anyways, those captured germans are going to be a problem...
(And with recruits = young germans [mandatory service] = propaganda-brainwashed since childhood = as suicidal as rambo [but without plot-armour/evasion]; with germans at high morale and not starving either... surrendering... Yes, alternative universe in a game and all that, and I don't want to complain. Lets just say that the history-buff-part of me is cringing. Realizing that you have become "that" miser, but posting it anyways ... ugh >_>)

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2014, 03:29:47 pm »

I feel almost bad for reading this.

Anyway, random.org has this whole atmospheric noise cahoot, don't they? Means probably that the noise stays the same for some time, which makes it less random, I guess.

Physical dices are still the best.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2014, 04:51:02 pm »

To the camp, after getting the equipment.
Highly Opinionated Fool

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2014, 05:21:30 pm »

I think Random.Org uses sampling of atmos noise to begin the algorithm, because you'd have to be able to generate a lot of different random numbers (like a number between 21 and 101 for example). They evidently have grabbed large amounts of samples and compared them to statistical expectations and found that it's acceptable.

Also, any random number generator should be okay in the short term. After all it doesn't exactly matter whether that string of numbers will repeat in 3000 years of the forum game's duration. Most forum games seem to last a few pages.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2014, 06:22:11 pm »

I'm sick, so I'm probably not going to update for a while.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]