Homosexual
- 16 (4.7%)
Asexual
- 37 (10.8%)
I'm 12 and what is this?
- 9 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 50

Author Topic: Sexuality poll: It's all just spores anyway.  (Read 65031 times)

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
Re: Sexuality: The pollening.
« Reply #585 on: April 03, 2014, 08:52:31 pm »

From my experiences on this forum of about a month, we are the most insane, stubborn, and f*cked up people on the internet. But no one is going to insult someone's mother. We are incredibly polite and helpful.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 03, 2014, 08:56:12 pm »

You know what, economics also belongs in that list.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 03, 2014, 08:57:48 pm »

Isn't economics the continuation of war by other means? And as war is the continuation of politics by other means...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 03, 2014, 09:00:19 pm »

Speaking of sexuality, I've always wondered but was too afraid to ask: is BDSM and "kinkiness"

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 03, 2014, 09:01:52 pm »

Speaking of sexuality, I've always wondered but was too afraid to ask: is BDSM and "kinkiness"
I'd say yes, but it kinda depends on the question.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 03, 2014, 09:02:58 pm »

I'd definitely say BDSM and kinkiness are, in that they're things that exist.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 03, 2014, 09:07:38 pm »

Voted. as of now Its shaping up to be like the US Navy, @ 60% heterosexual
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 03, 2014, 09:08:05 pm »

Submitted post halfway through writing it. Damn.

Speaking of sexuality, I've always wondered but was too afraid to ask: is BDSM and "kinkiness" something that negatively affects your mental health? I mean, there are many documentaries linking this sort of thing to rape and domestic abuse, and when I told my psychologist about it recently, he kinda freaked out and said that it requires extensive treatment to overcome, so apparently it's bad.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 03, 2014, 09:13:17 pm »

Naah, it's cool. And pretty common, too - just look at the amount of 'kinkiness' references that get tossed around in TV shows and such. And while they may look similar on the surface, BDSM and domestic abuse are completely different. But since you used the term BDSM, I'm sure you know all that already ;)
So yeah, I call shitty doc.
The Bay12 postcard club

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 03, 2014, 09:13:44 pm »

I don't think that kinkiness is in itself bad. I'd say that the people that let it led to abuse and rape cause it to be bad.

Think of kinkiness and BDSM as D&D in the 70's, or like video games today. Some people are already mentally unstable and can't handle it and then they go off and do these horrible things and people point the finger at something. I'm betting that they all also enjoyed pizza, but that's apparently not what they want to blame.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 03, 2014, 09:15:36 pm »

BDSM is bad if you are traditional, or if your psychologist has any interest in Freud.

Afaict some amount of it (or fantasy of it) is normal, so unless you want to flay yourself or others. . .

But its likely viewed as an 'at risk' behavior due to its associations.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 03, 2014, 09:16:48 pm »

Closer analogy: Think of BDSM as modern day homosexuality. Not socially recognised, not generally accepted, not well understood, and something many people would keep to themselves.
The Bay12 postcard club

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 03, 2014, 09:20:52 pm »

I am kinda worried because the doctor said it needs treatment. I would've written it off as prejudice, but the thing is, our psychologists are free of the usual anti-gay sentiments as a rule of thumb and a lot of scientifically literate people you see on TV defend the gay right and condemn Putin's persecution of homosexuality. So the doctor probably knows what he's talking about.

Or maybe not, this is Russia after all.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 03, 2014, 09:22:42 pm »

That was a much better analogy.

Anyways, the way my friend explained BDSM to me is like this:

There's sex, and it's good. It's like vanilla ice cream. But then you want something special, so you add some sprinkles to it. That's what BDSM is. It's the sprinkles.

Whether or not that makes any sense, I dunno. It made sense to me.

GENERATION 29:

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 03, 2014, 09:22:56 pm »

Ah, I'm looking forward to the BDSM rights movement. End BDSM oppression! Organize the Million Gimp March!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 50