Homosexual
- 16 (4.7%)
Asexual
- 37 (10.8%)
I'm 12 and what is this?
- 9 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 50

Author Topic: Sexuality poll: It's all just spores anyway.  (Read 63201 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sexuality: The pollening.
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2014, 03:12:39 pm »

...no, that's pretty much what I adhere to too. I believe it's in the Bible, even, though my knowledge of it is lacking.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2014, 03:13:07 pm »

Am I one of the few people who has their own idea of how evolution and theology can and does match up?

If you've got the power of a creator, time does not work like it does for us. "Created in his image" could mean we've still got a long way to go. Eons would be like seconds to a being who can create a universe.
It's ridiculously easy to create a theology that conforms to our empirical evidence about the world, so no, you're not the only one.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2014, 03:21:24 pm »

I've changed religion enough times to simply write down "deist" or whatever that term was for "i believe in science".
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2014, 03:22:18 pm »

I've changed religion enough times to simply write down "deist" or whatever that term was for "i believe in science".
That would be scientologist.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2014, 03:24:40 pm »

No, the term would be empiricist, scientologists believe in lizards.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2014, 03:27:00 pm »

Lizards are a part of science. Besides, empiricists worship 18th century England. They didn't even have science then.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2014, 03:33:02 pm »

Lizards are a part of science. Besides, empiricists worship 18th century England. They didn't even have science then.

This exchange is just so full of win.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2014, 03:51:55 pm »

I'm a penalist.

I worship prisons. Yeah. Prisons.

>____>

Spoiler: Alternative Joke (click to show/hide)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2014, 05:04:48 pm »

scientology is "i believe in some crackpot theory about bad alien energy and everyone who dosen't share this thought is an alien so I should torment them endlessly"
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2014, 05:07:37 pm »

scientology is "i believe in some crackpot theory about bad alien energy and everyone who dosen't share this thought is an alien so I should torment them endlessly"
No, that's Mormonism.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2014, 05:09:00 pm »

No, that's Mormonism.
Xenu confirmed for Elohim's estranged cousin.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2014, 05:09:42 pm »

I'm a naytheist if that helps any.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2014, 06:19:35 pm »

Hey it's everyone's favorite White Christian Heterosexual Cisgendered American Male (except for all the others). If I was rich (and a WASP), I'd be so privileged I could melt people with my privilevision.
I've met a bisexual. Went to school with one in fact. (different people too.)

What I am surprised at is the high turnout of asexuals like myself. Statistically, we account for about 1% of the population. (according to wikipedia anyway... <.<
Continued existence of Homosexuals and Asexuals despite not feasibly being able to pass on the genes for it: Proof Evolution is wrong. Checkmate atheists.

That would certainly be an interesting take on the old standbys. "Homosexuality cannot have evolved, therefore it was created by God."

The prevailing hypothesis for homosexuality (at least male homosexuality. The mechanism does not align with female homosexuality) is that the more male offspring a mother carries, the more her body produces antibodies to the androgenic hormones the fetus produces in-utero. 

This has a considerable amount of statistical data to back it up-- A male child that is the 7th male child to be born from that same mother has an almost 70% chance of identifying as a homosexual male later in life, by the numbers.

(Scholarly article for $$$$$)
(Another scholarly article with abstract, for $$$.)
(Not so scholarly article from news rag.)

This could well be a natural phenomena with evolutionary underpinnings-- Namely, in social groups with large numbers of male children present in our evolutionary past, it would have been beneficial to group survival to have non-reproductively competitive males around for their higher statistical body size and strength, but with lowered intragroup aggression and posturing. That would have contributed to the survival of other, more reproductively inclined offspring, and produced a safer and more stable environment for said offspring, improving species survival.

Nature doesn't care about what the animals themselves think about the adaptation, afterall.

By this school of thought, I wasnt antibodied enough by my mom to be straight up gay. Just enough to cause my nervous system to wire itself ambiguously.  While I am the second born male child, I am actually the 3rd male fetus. (ectopic pregnancy.) This places my statistical chances of being impacted into the "Significant" category, by this theory.

The banal assertion you jokingly made is made from ignorance.  An atheist would rip them to shreds. :D

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2014, 06:31:03 pm »

I have three older brothers. The youngest of the three is most definitely gayer than I am :v

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 11, 2014, 06:33:18 pm »

I have no older brothers and had a hard enough time convincing people I wasn't gay when I had a girlfriend.
Still interesting that apparently while the father determines the gender, the mother determines the sexuality. I'm sure somebody will incorporate that into some religious dichotomy somehow.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 50