Homosexual
- 16 (4.7%)
Asexual
- 37 (10.8%)
I'm 12 and what is this?
- 9 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 50

Author Topic: Sexuality poll: It's all just spores anyway.  (Read 65035 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Sexuality: The pollening.
« Reply #600 on: April 03, 2014, 09:23:33 pm »

Or maybe not, this is Russia after all.
I must admit, that's what I thought first when reading your post. What kind of treatment is he suggesting, if you don't mind me asking?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 03, 2014, 09:23:57 pm »

I have never heard of BDSM being something that requires treatment...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 03, 2014, 09:24:40 pm »

No, man. It's just like the gayness. It's in the DSM and everything.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 03, 2014, 09:25:28 pm »

And female hysteria.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 03, 2014, 09:26:16 pm »

At least female hysteria was treated with something non fatal and pleasurable.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 03, 2014, 09:31:48 pm »

Fetishes are basically a normal part of being human. You brain has been evolved over millions of years to make sure you go out and have sex. Ensuring there are plenty of stimuli to trigger that is only natural. That's why some of the most referenced of 4chan's Rules of the Internet are 34 through 36.

I recommend doing an interesting study: Open up Google Chrome. Find as many pages for fetishes on wikipedia as you can (especially if you already know you have them); read them. Then for the interesting part: switch to the same wiki page in another language version of wikipedia, using the built-in Google Translate to convert it over. Many of them will be more or less straight translations, while others will be incredibly different. It's a nice way to get a sort of baseline global perspective on things without even actually visiting any sort of 18+ sites, and without needing to ask questions you would otherwise be too embarrassed about because of public societal norms.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 03, 2014, 09:33:56 pm »

Wow. That was a responsible, mature answer. I need to hang out on this forum more often.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 03, 2014, 09:34:03 pm »

I must admit, that's what I thought first when reading your post. What kind of treatment is he suggesting, if you don't mind me asking?
Mild sedatives whenever sexual desire arises and counseling to curb destructive impulses, and I quote.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 03, 2014, 09:34:17 pm »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 03, 2014, 09:45:00 pm »

Mild sedatives whenever sexual desire arises and counseling to curb destructive impulses, and I quote.
Ignore him. Seriously. That kind of shit can mess you up, suppressing yourself is almost never good. Dude should lose his license if he's saying shit like that in the 21st century.

Just don't hurt anyone non-consensually and permanently and it's all good, seriously, that's all there is to it, really. The other stuff, like safe-words and pre-set boundaries, are just to facilitate those two goals of non-permanence and consensuality.

They're still REALLY REALLY GOOD IDEAS though, like "welding without eye-protection" (or "welding to your own eyeballs") in terms of sheer stupidity of not doing them~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 03, 2014, 10:01:37 pm »

I can't back down from a chance to denounce the evils of truth and love!
Drugs shouldn't generally be used to suppress yourself because you lose a) the ability to know hold a point of reference between post and pre-suppression, and b) require use of drugs to control self, which is never good. To purposely alter one's own beliefs, biases, likes and dislikes is a difficult task, made all the more difficult by the problem of self-administration aspect of it and sentience factor making one all the more aware of one's meddling. It requires advanced use of doublethink and psychology, which can be fairly hard to pull off for some, especially when one is causing the process oneself.

For something like this though, there probably isn't a need. Just keep it to yourself (telling a psychiatrist, the people empowered to have you locked up? That's the real madness.) and don't rock the boat. It's sex; it can be kept to a bedroom. And fortunately for you, it, unlike homosexuality, is much easier to cover up easily; can't find out without extensive spying what specifically is going on in a bedroom if just knowing the participants isn't enough, and that'd be a waste of spying anyway.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:06:31 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 03, 2014, 10:04:30 pm »

If you're actually acting on destructive impulses, counseling may actually be useful, yes! But BDSM is pretty much definitely not an expression of destructive impulses unless someone is doing something incredibly wrong.

Sedatives to counteract sexual desires sounds like a recipe for a goddamn disaster, though, and I would be looking at a shrink with incredible askance if they suggested something like that.

Quite possibly followed by a civil suit for malpractice because that's old time insane asylum shit (read: Both ineffective and massively harmful to the patient). Especially considering prescribing a sedative instead of an actual anaphrodisiac for something like that is just... what the hell is that critter thinking?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 03, 2014, 10:17:51 pm »

And thats the issue: we dont know what psychologist is thinking.

Its easy to condemn him for what atp amounts to an apparent attempt to try to evaluate this.

Drugs because you have expressed thoughts on BSDM sounds extreme and Id refuse (because showme a drug that treats sexual fantasy), but at this point we dont even know what he was infering; and indeed we shouldnt infer about his inferences.

:/  If hes perscribing drugs on the basis of expressing a mild interest in a fetish he isnt doing his job.  If you insist on broching the subject with him further it should include why the interest, what specifically, and how to moderate yourself if its a concern.  Drugs are a precaution against dangerous avtivity and should be used as a last measure.   Talking is much preferable in most cases, whatever the brand of psychology you practice.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 03, 2014, 10:21:04 pm »

Maybe he thinks BDSM is a lot more rapey than it actually is (read: not at all).

I mean, Russia isn't exactly the most sexually liberated country in existence :P

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 03, 2014, 10:36:43 pm »

It's not exactly a sedative, it doesn't sedate me, I don't know how it's called in english but it's a herbal stuff that's supposed to suppress libido. Anaphrodisiac, like Frumple said?

And we were talking about my bouts of depression, so the psychologist must've made a connection.

EDIT: Yes, the poor guy probably thought my fetishes and my depression are related. That was just one huge misunderstanding. Thanks guys, I would've never realised it without you! :D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:47:49 pm by Knit tie »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 50