Homosexual
- 16 (4.7%)
Asexual
- 37 (10.8%)
I'm 12 and what is this?
- 9 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 50

Author Topic: Sexuality poll: It's all just spores anyway.  (Read 63490 times)

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
Re: Sexuality: The pollening.
« Reply #615 on: April 03, 2014, 10:51:47 pm »

Well, despite the fact that all I did was lurk and give poor advice and analogies in the beginning, glad to have helped.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 03, 2014, 11:02:37 pm »

No need to thank me citizen, it's all part of the job.

I also learned during my quick Google of "anaphrodisiac" that the phrase covers most of the vices, spanning from alcohol and tobacco to the opioids, which include morphine, heroin, and hydrocodone (who knew?). In general, anaphrodisiacs are types of sedatives, which is where the miscommunication likely  arose.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 03, 2014, 11:27:53 pm »

If a psychologist is going to counsel you on something, they should -probably- check to make sure they know what they are talking about. Both in the general sense, in this case knowing that BDSM is not rape, and to try and make sure they understand exactly what it is the patient is trying to actually say, not just go "oh well we were just talking about depression, he must have a depressive suicidal disorder manifesting itself in BDSM!" or whatever the fuckles. v:

Edit: Also, nothing wrong with drugs, even though it's fucking amazing that they even work properly as a general concept. I take a lyso-amphetamine to counter-act my ADD because otherwise I wouldn't get jack-shit done that needs to be done. :I Nothing life-threatening there! But I still need them!

Don't hate on drugs! The problems of over-prescription and of mis-diagnosis leading to improper drug-use are separate from the concept of drugs themselves! Drugs won't solve all your problems and you need to actually WANT to take them and get better because drugs in and of themselves won't cure anything, but they're integral to most treatment plans along with therapy, if needed! D:<
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:33:31 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 04, 2014, 12:03:23 am »

I could almost see where a psychologist would make the "depression + BDSM interest = OhNoesSelfHarm!" Most doctors tend to want to err on the side that's least likely to sue them, and 'unnecessary medication' might be considered safer than 'did nothing, patient attempted suicide'. Seems like that might be part of the logic at work here.

Not a lot of personal experience, but most advice I've heard about fetishes boils down to something like this: Will it negatively affect you or others? (Yes|No)   If yes, avoid. If no, grease up that ball gag and go for it!

On a side note, does anyone else read the title of this thread as "Sexuality: The pollen-ing" rather than "poll-ening"? I'm half afraid that posting here will expose me to a spore infection that gradually changes me into a Plump Helmet Man, or somesuch 0_o
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 04, 2014, 12:15:53 am »

Yeah, me too.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 04, 2014, 12:16:53 am »

Me too.  I thought it was an intentional play on "sex pollen."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 04, 2014, 12:17:39 am »

It's a nice way to get a sort of baseline global perspective on things
Here is a study about that on famous persons and the difference between English and Polish Wikipedia pages

Actually I'm reading this and it's interesting. I can PM the.pdf if someone wants it.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sexuality: The pollenating.
« Reply #622 on: April 04, 2014, 03:46:41 am »

I automatically made an link to "The Happening" so no problem here.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 04, 2014, 04:32:14 am »

I am completely and utterly immune to double entendres haha why would you even assume otherwise.
But it's the second thing that came to mind yeah.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #624 on: April 04, 2014, 04:49:25 am »

I'm far too confused to answer the poll, but I don't care anymore, anyway.  Is there a word for people who decided that sex is stupid?  Celibate, maybe?

I think my troubles began with the school always warning everybody about how dangerous sex is, and that it is better to abstain.  Combined with my utter cluelessness about what I'm feeling and not caring enough about my feelings. (i.e. boys have to be tough and stoic)  Combined with no-one ever saying anything about how you fall in love or why couples decide to have sex.

I guess I turned into some kind of sexual ignoramus.

P.S. Pollenating is an actual word that has an actual meaning and has nothing to do with polls.  Yeah, I'm a semantics fascist. ;)
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #625 on: April 04, 2014, 05:00:58 am »

P.S. Pollenating is an actual word that has an actual meaning and has nothing to do with polls.  Yeah, I'm a semantics fascist. ;)
Yup. Used to be "Pollening" and then someone pointed out that it sounded like it had something to do with pollen, and then Japa changed it to be mildly punny or something.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 04, 2014, 05:04:02 am »

Is there a word for people who decided that sex is stupid?
Positively smart, charming and good-looking?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 04, 2014, 05:04:30 am »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 04, 2014, 05:08:57 am »

But that doesn't make me feel good about meself.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 04, 2014, 05:26:57 am »

Is there a word for people who decided that sex is stupid?
Forever alone.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 50