Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: [GM-EDITOR] Questions, info, and uses.  (Read 23638 times)

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
Re: [GM-EDITOR] Questions, info, and uses.
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2014, 07:55:56 am »

snip

Yeah I knew they followed the squad leader, but there doesn't seem to be a flag to set someone as a leader, unless thats set in the military or relations section.

I double checked the caste change. I crippled a creature a cave-in while they were over traps. When they transform they are healed I'm afraid.

I wonder if it's because it's a transformation - were creatures get fully healed because of the transformation rather than anything specific to their curse. As vampires, necromancers and zombies/husks are not healed on their 'transformation', as it is run through the curse/syndrome mechanic.
So maybe there is a way to transform creatures like you are after with the guilds, mages etc, but instead of making it a literal transformation, it's a syndrome?
Husk creatures get the new adjective to their names, so maybe that could work for guild members etc? That's the only way I can think of that working, unless of course I missed something...

Quote from: Grimmash link=topic=135338.msg4902160#msg4902160
date=1389329466
Editing hist_figure_id and hist_fig_id2 to the same number makes a unit squad assignable.

You are correct, but they cannot lead squads it seems.
The problem that persists though, is once they die, they cannot be commemorated if their body is lost/destroyed. Which results in lots of pesky ghosts.

After some testing, it seems non-dwarf creatures are spawned 'tame' as they can be pastured like animals can. While we can transfer the population/citizenship over to spawnunit dwarves, I wonder if they somehow keep their tame tag...

EDITED : added to reply to meph
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 08:01:40 am by TheOnlySolitaire »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2014, 08:09:22 am »

I wonder if it's because it's a transformation - were creatures get fully healed because of the transformation rather than anything specific to their curse. As vampires, necromancers and zombies/husks are not healed on their 'transformation', as it is run through the curse/syndrome mechanic.
No, unfortunately that wont work. I change skill learn rates and other things with the castes, values I cant change with interactions and syndromes. I cant use curses for that.

The problem that persists though, is once they die, they cannot be commemorated if their body is lost/destroyed. Which results in lots of pesky ghosts.
Is there any way to get rid of ghosts? I mean, having civ members that dont spawn ghosts in the first place?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2014, 08:36:30 am »

I just tried creating historical figures: although it works but it still does not allow assigning them to military or nobles. Even after creating a lot of crud: historical figure,nemesis, historical figure member link, even event for that link...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2014, 08:46:34 am »

I just tried creating historical figures: although it works but it still does not allow assigning them to military or nobles. Even after creating a lot of crud: historical figure,nemesis, historical figure member link, even event for that link...
At some point I am just going to ask Toady what we need to do for that.  :-\
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2014, 08:54:19 am »

snip

Ah, that's a shame. There are ways to change skills though with the gm-editor, it lists the skills as numbers though, but it seems like it could be possible to use the gm-editor to increase skills, physical and mental attributes without transformations.

And the game seems to handle ghosts like it used to handle zombies/skeletons - there is a true/false flag that makes them ghosts. So there is a way you can un-ghost ghosts, if they are wounded or otherwise dead, un-flagging them as ghosts makes them die all over again though, but they can be buried. I would assume that [CANNOT_UNDEAD] might work for preventing ghosts, but that seems to be a tag/token thing; I haven't found any option for that in the gm-editor yet.

I've been able to get them to join squads as squad members. But they are not valid for leadership positions of squads, or noble positions, the former obviously show up on the nobles screen, so I think they just cannot be made as nobles in general.
Setting them up with a name via the gm-editor seemed to make that happen, as opposed to whatever you assign when spawning the unit, eg: spawnunit DWARF 1 warmist, doesn't work.
You have to edit the 'words', 'parts_of_speech', 'language', and 'has_name' fields. Not setting a language crashes the game.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2014, 09:14:55 am »

Ah yes, i just tested too: they can be in military but not a leader of squad. Strange really, i thought that those list there the same.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2014, 09:23:45 am »

Not being nobles is perfectly fine, I need foot soldiers. ^^

So what exactly do you need to enter to make them valid for military? Because I can use syndrometrigger to apply this ingame, which solves one big bug. :)

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2014, 09:36:10 am »

snip

I just did a quick test, and all you seem to really need to make a spawned unit eligible for the military, is the 2 id values: 'hist_figure_id' and 'hist_figure_id2'.
They must always be the same unique number (unique from other creatures), and are at -1 default for spawned units.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2014, 09:42:03 am »

(unique from other creatures) => Thats bad. I cant make interactions add different numbers for each creature. Maybe Warmist can add this directly into the spawnunit script. (?)

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2014, 09:55:27 am »

(unique from other creatures) => Thats bad. I cant make interactions add different numbers for each creature. Maybe Warmist can add this directly into the spawnunit script. (?)

Sorry, scratch that - It does seem you can apply the same number to multiple creatures, and they still show up in the military screen for squad member status.
I don't know if that will have extra effects further down the line - all your starting dwarves have unique numbers so :/ but yeah - one hist_figure_id value works across multiple creatures.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2014, 10:27:43 am »

[SYN_CLASS:":lua df.unit.find("][SYN_CLASS:\WORKER_ID][SYN_CLASS:").hist_figure_id=456789"]
[SYN_CLASS:":lua df.unit.find("][SYN_CLASS:\WORKER_ID][SYN_CLASS:").hist_figure_id2=356789"]

This would be my take on the matter. I am not sure how worker_id would be translated into SyndromeTrigger, maybe Roses can share what he has done on the matter, but I will try this out with reactions. :)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2014, 10:30:09 am »

But test it out fully, because messing with hist_fig_ids can mess up stuff real bad (i.e corrupted saves). The obvious thing that might happen is a unit with fake hist_figure_ids will give his events to other historical figure (or crash on event).

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2014, 11:02:56 am »

[SYN_CLASS:":lua df.unit.find("][SYN_CLASS:\WORKER_ID][SYN_CLASS:").hist_figure_id=456789"]
[SYN_CLASS:":lua df.unit.find("][SYN_CLASS:\WORKER_ID][SYN_CLASS:").hist_figure_id2=356789"]

This would be my take on the matter. I am not sure how worker_id would be translated into SyndromeTrigger, maybe Roses can share what he has done on the matter, but I will try this out with reactions. :)

\WORKER_ID is \UNIT_ID

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2014, 11:38:17 am »

Yeah for syndromeTrigger you have to use \UNIT_ID, but if you do it via reactions with autoSyndrome then it is \WORKER_ID.

I used [SYN_CLASS:xlua][SYN_CLASS:df.unit.find(][SYN_CLASS:\UNIT_ID][SYN_CLASS:).body.blood_count=0]

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2014, 11:51:04 am »

Can we make them spawn with Mood so they want to create artifact. Set that mood to use one specific skill and set the meterial they will use then spawn it with them. So now we got spawn unit and spawn meterial, the spawn unit instantly have mood grab the meterial and begin mysterious construction. Boom they become historic figure.
That assumes that the act of producing an artifact will make a unit become a historical figure - it could just as easily crash the game (e.g. call findHistFigure(id) and then dereference the pointer without first checking if it's NULL) or just skip the steps that require the unit to be a historical figure.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6