Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: [GM-EDITOR] Questions, info, and uses.  (Read 23652 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [GM-EDITOR] Questions, info, and uses.
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2014, 02:13:02 pm »

Fixing worn clothing is easy?  :o

Then please give me an example.  ;) How can I teach a dwarf to separate the worn-clothing from the ok-clothing? Its not that a player targets the item with the cursor and types something into dfhack. I am talking about workshops that do that.

Reaction 1: Unravel worn clothing to get back the thread.
Reaction 2: Fix worn clothing by using thread.
Reaction 3: Burn worn clothing for ash.

Many players would like to see something like that, but no settings can be done to ensure that these reactions only take the 'xclothingx' and 'XxclothingxX'. At least not with modding.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2014, 02:21:17 pm »

Ah yes didn't think that it would only use worn clothing... It's the same problem: job items getting assigned is not under our control.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2014, 09:02:08 am »

There are many flags that cant be changed with syndromes, for example WEBIMMUNE. I can make a creature webimmune to transforming it into a creature with the tag, but I cant add it with CE_ADD_TAG, which only has a limited amount of tags it supports.

Can the gm-editor do this? Webimmune, Fireimmune, immobile, these kind of things?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2014, 10:14:31 am »

Not without changing every single unit of that creature.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2014, 11:33:18 am »

So it could do: CREATURE:DOG is suddenly web-immune. But only if its all dogs.

Mh... I can work with that. Fort-wide spell: Protection from webs. Protection from fire. Protection from whatever.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2014, 07:37:48 pm »

So it could do: CREATURE:DOG is suddenly web-immune. But only if its all dogs.

Mh... I can work with that. Fort-wide spell: Protection from webs. Protection from fire. Protection from whatever.

it wouldn't just apply to your fort.  It would apply to the entire game.

It's because the variable that's changed is pointed to like a constant.  I.e. it's not a local variable retained by the creature, but the local creature points to a "constant" creature, and by changing this "constant" it will affect all local creatures...

However, if no enemy's bring these creatures (to include merchants).  Then your fine

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2014, 07:45:35 pm »

It'll be overwritten on save load anyway.

TortuousAugur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2014, 04:06:10 pm »

Would anyone happen to know how to reverse (fully or partially) the effects of vampirism? I wasn't aware that lamia were vampires, and now I believe my stats are locked at a permanent newbie state...

I have looked around a little bit, and have found some of the tags that alter attribute gain/rust, so if nothing else, I can at least reenable the ability to gain on my attributes, but would like to know if it is possible to completely reverse the process all together?

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2014, 08:16:06 pm »

Would anyone happen to know how to reverse (fully or partially) the effects of vampirism? I wasn't aware that lamia were vampires, and now I believe my stats are locked at a permanent newbie state...

I have looked around a little bit, and have found some of the tags that alter attribute gain/rust, so if nothing else, I can at least reenable the ability to gain on my attributes, but would like to know if it is possible to completely reverse the process all together?

I can't access my game right now, so you may have to experiment a bit, as this is from memory.

Also, I assume from your post your on adventure mode?
In which case, you need to (l)ook at yourself, go into the screen that has options for your kills, health, etc. Then enter gm-editor on the dfhack console. Otherwise, (v)iew as normal.

Theoretically you should be able to undo your curse; if you go to the curses option on the second page of the gm-editor screen (should be between 'counters' and 'counters2' if memory serves), now hit enter to access the curses subsection.
It should take you into a subset of options related to curses, with add_tags1 at the top.
As you already have a curse, you should just need to  go through all the add_tags options (but NOT the remove tags options), and un-flagging the flags listed as true, back to false.

That might work. I haven't tested un-cursing creatures yet though, so you may be stuck. But you can use the gm-editor to edit your attributes despite the freeze caused by vampirism.
Mental attributes are found in status>soul>mental_attribs
Physical attributes are found in body>physical_attribs

careful though, don't overdo it as it will make your adventure rather boring and un-challenging if you set the values to higher than racially normal values.

Hope this helps you - let us know if that worked or not; it's useful for others to know.

TortuousAugur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2014, 09:04:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, so far, I've just unflagged my attributes from being locked. I think I'll try to create a new character in a different world, and see exactly what settings have changed after consuming vampiric blood, and see if I can reverse it to a point where the game no longer thinks I am a vampire, and then try to consume more, to see if it actually fully reversed the process, or if it just set most of the flags back to normal and still considers me to be a (albeit very borked) vampire.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2014, 11:52:52 pm »

Quietust did say he was thinking about making a script or something to allow dfhack to control the artifact job creation though - or that's how i understood him anyway.
I did indeed say that, and I've just finished writing a plugin which illustrates EXACTLY what you need to do in order to properly start a Strange Mood in version 0.34.11. I haven't fully tested it, but it seems to work for the most part.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:03:32 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2014, 01:11:13 am »

Amazing. I would have expected you to work a lot longer on this. Any plans on compiling it?

It looks like you can start a mood, even pick the type of the mood... but not the skill? And not the dwarf affected?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2014, 08:34:54 am »

Amazing. I would have expected you to work a lot longer on this. Any plans on compiling it?

It looks like you can start a mood, even pick the type of the mood... but not the skill? And not the dwarf affected?
Read it more closely - you can specify the dwarf by specifying "-unit" and selecting it in-game.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2014, 09:25:28 am »

I'm having trouble getting your plugin to work Quietust - I've never installed a plugin before, but I copied the text from github to notepad then saved as strangemood.cpp in the plugins section of the hack folder, which is how I normally install scripts. But entering strangemood into the console doesn't work. What have I done wrong? Or at least, what should I have done?

Also, with the selecting a unit to mood, do you just (v)iew the unit you want to mood, like you would with the gm-editor?

« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 09:33:10 am by TheOnlySolitaire »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2014, 10:40:51 am »

I think that plugins need to be compiled/build first. You need a program to make a .dll out of that .cpp. Its not just .lua or .rb text. And once compiled, you cant change the text anymore, without a special editor.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6