Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta (Dead)  (Read 14579 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta (Dead)
« Reply #210 on: March 21, 2014, 03:55:17 pm »

Toolate for this version.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 21, 2014, 04:21:48 pm »

Well, I'd hate to see such an interesting premise die. Would you be interested in someone else taking over?
Go for it. It's not like the old antagonist chat being public really makes the game incapable of continuing.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 21, 2014, 04:38:01 pm »

Aw, this makes me very sad.

Well, I'd hate to see such an interesting premise die. Would you be interested in someone else taking over?
Go for it. It's not like the old antagonist chat being public really makes the game incapable of continuing.
This makes me happier. I'd already decided to offer similar if/when this died. :3

I'm kind of miffed at the antagonists, though. Specifically, how half of their conversation was "MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" and/or "OOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOhhhhh." The idea was to make the game more interesting, guys, not turn it into a Goosebumps book.

They did end up getting some interesting stuff out, but I think the lack of a concrete framework really harmed their ability to function. See all those conversations about "Let's kill everyone!" "No no, we're just creeping them out first." Why? Well, because there's no particular goal, so they're stuck playing their more ephemeral task by ear. If I was going to do/redo it, I'd ideally make them much closer to secret players than bored whimsical gods.

Speaking of which, some amusing quotes in that chat:

Quote from: E/D
I'm still making those floating ballon monsters from Starcraft 2, if for no other reason than they look so cute.
I might have to give this point to Execute. Zerg are kinda cute. :3

Quote from: Nirur
Zeppelins always deserve some amount of plot armor.
Quote from: Tomcost
Do not mention florans or starbound, because the GM will remember about it and never update this again.
Insight into Nirur.

Quote from: E/D
Well, what we want to do is to get irony to do what we need, she or he has the best character, and letting her see the pretty flowers can help us with mutating things.
Quote from: Tomcost
Also, they are already doing what we wanted to do with the trees. For I moment I forgot that they were bay12vers too.
:3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 21, 2014, 04:40:16 pm »

I volunteer for back-up GM position. Can't be too careful.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 21, 2014, 04:42:38 pm »

I volunteer for back-up GM position. Can't be too careful.
I didn't mean to displace you, if you were volunteering.

Though either way, having backups is nice.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2014, 04:56:58 pm »

Nah, don't worry about it. I like Zedas, and not being able to play him would be a downside for being a GM.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 21, 2014, 05:15:56 pm »

It is done.

I will be running the current turn shortly. Nirur probably has a free slot if he'd like to join the adoption of his own game in either capacity.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 21, 2014, 05:25:58 pm »

Tempting, but I'd feel bad about joining the continuation just after abandoning. I'll give it 24 hours or so, and if antagonist sign-ups are slow, then I'll join.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 29, 2014, 04:51:09 pm »

Not to necropost but the revival thread is up and has yet to have any character posts. If you are a character please post there as soon as possible.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]