Needs another GM
- 0 (0%)
Needs frecking map
- 1 (25%)
Needs something else (specify)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: New Age Mercenaries (OOC Thread)  (Read 14648 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn no way Orcs will follow a half elf half human. I'd have to kill the clans chief to force them to accept me and I'm in no shape to take down somebody twice my size and 3x my strength.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile

Soo umm.... Can I jump in yet? It seems you have some earth shattering wars goin on here but...
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

Do that.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As at least ten (10) votes are submited, a new battle-oriented RTD is gonna be. If in a week there will be no progress, I'll shut this idea.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name : Alexis "Kitty" Wagner
Race : Dragonborn.
Description : Alexis is tall and slim for with saphire blue scales covering her body. She has high cheekbones and a delicate but strong face giving her the appearance of nobility despite being from a relatively pore family
Biography : Alexis is a middle aged woman born to a family hoping for strong sons to feed into the war machine. Her parents considered it to be a minor miracle when they discovered she had an affinity for magic which she practiced with in every spare moment spending her time focussing more on how to use it to manipulate people's minds both to make them easier to talk into things or less subtle ways like causing them to see monsters that weren't real.
She hired herself out as a mercenary as soon as she was able to get away from home and through a succession of largely minor jobs was able to earn the respect of several more of her people who joint her.

Knowing that amongst her own people she would always be a second class citizen because of her gender she began moving into other nations to find work where she would be granted the respect she deserved and quickly found that she was able to wrap most men and women around her finger through a combination of charisma and superior intelligence.

Jobs came more easily to her once she began working in other nations both because she was able intelligent and charismatic and through her magical gifts to convince people to work with her very easily and to pay her a significantly increased rate.
She never selected a name for her company but it came to be known informally as The Gunslingers due to the fact that her and her companions all carried a pair of revolvers which they wielded at the same time and with great accuracy through many years of practice and experience.
Though not as well known as the great legends her company was still sought after far and wide both for it's skill and for the influence granted through hiring Dragonborn.

The Gunslingers.
6 female dragonborn all with saphire blue scales carrying dual Dragonborn crafted revolvers.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 03:27:58 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alexandria, fine. Adding that to IC thread's OP.
Sigs

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name : Corran Khai
Race : Human
Description : 5 ft 9 and muscular. Clean shaved with green eyes.

Biography : Corran is a navy kid born and bred, his father was a captain in the human navy, is grandfather was an admiral. He was sailing small boats almost before he could walk and by the age of 16 was more skilled then most professional sailors.
At 16 he joint the navy and over the next 10 years worked his way up from a gunner to a gunnery officer to XO to captaining a ship of his own, not long after he took command of his ship the fleet he was attached to were caught in an ambush and through a spectacular amount of luck and considerable skill Corran small patrol boat was able to cripple 3 enemy warships in quick succession Corran himself firing the shots to destroy the bridges of all 3 ships.
In the following years up until he turned 26 he fought through many battles always coming out on top and his crew learned to trust his choices, despite his rather odd habit of personally controlling all weapons fire from his ship and taking the helm directly.

Corran being a navy man thought of his ship almost like a child and devoted all of his time to knowing every single detail of his ship and in doing so developed considerable skill in all aspects of warship command and operation. In his last battle before his 10 year term was set to end he was able to disable a frigate and rather then sinking it he towed the ship back and took it as his own devoting his entire life's worth of savings and his inheritance from his father to rebuilding and modifying the ship doing most of the work himself or with a small group of engineers that he directed.

Having built the frigate himself he knows it inside out and though in places it looks a little patched together it's appearance is extremely deceiving, with the work now done Corran has set out as a privateer aiming to build his own fleet and put his considerable talent and experience in warship command to work against the empires enemies. For a fair price of course.

Ship : Frigate with 4 decks.
Upper deck is ringed by mounted MG's. Lots of mounted Mg's.
Upper mid deck has 10 repeating cannons on each side as well as crew quarters running down the middle.
Lower mid deck has 10 repeating cannons on each side as well as storage space down the middle.
Lower deck has twin steam engines with the entire lower deck devoted to coal storage.

Crew : 100 humans armed with Winlee's rifles and light armor.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Age Mercenaries (OOC Thread)
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2014, 02:53:58 pm »

I've finished the poll, foк there were not enough votes.

Also, IC thread's OP was edited radically, something moved to OP here, in OOC thread. For great justice. Glory to Arstotzka.
Sigs

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2014, 03:00:38 pm »

All hail Arstotzka! you play that too???
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2014, 03:02:32 pm »

Yep. I'm not too good at speed-requiring actions like checking docks in a short time, so I kinda stuck on day 18 or so. Nevermind.
Sigs

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2014, 04:43:00 pm »

Hey, Harry Baldman, where's Bobbin? I need a negotiator for things, and you sound like you need some protection:P

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2014, 04:50:06 pm »

He is kinda out for some reason, and he is kinda very far from you. Three days of train travel across the country, and going further. Anyway, how do you even know of his existance IC?
Sigs

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2014, 05:21:40 pm »

Oh, you know what? I have an idea. For better tune-up with players, I'll occasionally post things that make some influence on me right now. Like, songs, books, comics, films, etc.

Watchmen (full comic book by Alan Moore, extended cut film version)
Sin City (All of it, both comic book by Frank Miller and film)

Sabaton - Panzerkampf
Sabaton - Rise of Evil
Sabaton - Carolus Rex
Sabaton - Attero Dominatus

The Bonnie Blue Flag (song)
George Orwell - 1984 (book)
Auldos Huxley - Brave New World (book)
Vladimir Mayakovsky's verses (various)

Far Over The Misty Mountains Cold (google for full lyrics of 26 verses by Tolkien)

Just in case. Like, you know, you can understand things better.
Sigs

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2014, 05:22:40 pm »

I don't, but we could *stumble* across each other IC.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2014, 05:24:25 pm »

I don't, but we could *stumble* across each other IC.

Distance, my friend. Hundreds of miles between you. Not very likely.
Sigs

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7