Needs another GM
- 0 (0%)
Needs frecking map
- 1 (25%)
Needs something else (specify)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: New Age Mercenaries (OOC Thread)  (Read 14473 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Age Mercenaries (OOC Thread)
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 03:32:35 pm »

Well then I know who to wipe out once I'm done with the humans.

If they can't get there heads out of there own asses then they're nothing but a potential threat.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 03:38:52 am »

Hehe. Try that. That's gonna be !!funny!!
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 03:02:00 pm »

Ughh ok I give up on my plan, seriously this is hopeless.

I'm not getting killed in a war for these idiots.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 03:07:54 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 03:11:05 pm »

The fact is, the dwarvs can withstand the war and save their status-quo. The others are truly fools, the new order is about to come. Or, the generation-in-rule should change. Maybe they'll realize the situation in 20 years or so, if it won't be too late.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 03:23:54 pm »

I dunno, considering the magic the heavies have got the humans can crush the Dwarves if any of the human officers know how to use it. Seriously he's challenging a 1 armed man who's still recovering from poison and near death to a duel?

And he thinks I'm a coward if I refuse?
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 03:29:34 pm »

This elf is a complete fuckup - that is why he was assigned to ambassador buisness: so normal ones keep him away from them.
Sigs

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 03:32:47 pm »

I'm really starting to understand why the humans are so set on genocide against Elves.

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!!!!! YOU'VE TURNED ME AGAINST MY OWN PEOPLE!!!! Lol but seriously I'm starting to hate Elves, fortunately my mercenaries don't give 2 shits who they kill as long as they get paid :).
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 03:34:33 pm »

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!!!!! YOU'VE TURNED ME AGAINST MY OWN PEOPLE!!!!
Yes, quite. I think I'll sig this for a while.
Sigs

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2014, 03:43:33 pm »

Hah go ahead, my basic plan now is kill this idiot who came with no armor and bugger all weaponry. Go get Sellguns money and see if I can recruit a few more people from this town while I wait for my men to return from the scouting trips then it's time to go pick a new victim.
Caine's law.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2014, 08:19:55 pm »

Ok, heres my Char sheet again. What do I get to have for my starting inventory, and how do you want me to fix my bio?
Do I start with the equivalent of 150 singuluses?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 08:31:12 pm by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2014, 09:29:56 pm »

Comrade won't be on for 9+ hours now but I can answer most of those questions.

1) Equipment, you can choose more or less anything within reason. For instance I began with 2 knives, 1 mace, 1 bow, 1 set of elven scale armor plus 3 companions armed the same.

If you'd like you can post what you want and I can probably tell you if it's ok or not, I've pestered Comrade non stop with questions since this game started so I know the system well enough to help you finish your sheet.

2) You need to select a starting location, you can just give a set of parameters and let Comrade use those to select for you if you don't have one in mind.

3) This is just a guess but I think he wants a more detailed description of your life, he selects you skills from your bio and yours has very little detail in it to help with selecting skills and it also doesn't give him much information to go on when working out whats going to happen around your character. For instance your 26 now and you were kidnapped at 12. What happened in those 14 years? How did you live? What kind of place? Did you meet anybody important to you? Did anything significant happen to you in that period? Just details to fluff out those 14 years a bit to give him something to work from.

4) Singulses, No idea, sorry but if you don't have a big costly starting inventory like I did then I'm pretty sure you'd be fine to begin with some money.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 09:36:14 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2014, 10:42:34 pm »

Oh, thanks. here it is -

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Please let me know if ANY of this seems out of lore, or if I have gone over my limit. And I'd like my starting location to be outside of the Capital of Man by about a klick, if you don't mind
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 02:16:29 pm by WhitiusOpus »
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2014, 11:02:22 pm »

Well I don't think Nazis exist themselves. But the entire human empire is kind of Nazi adjacent.

Other then that looks ok to me as far as I can tell so just up to Comrade if he thinks the background fits.

Comrade, what would happen if I had multiple species in one regiment in regards to species traits? Would I need to split them into companies by species or what? I have my new plan in mind and this is likely to come up.

Is there a merc guild in Beletran? Given the capitals under siege it's kind of the acting capital.

Can Elves walk into the human empire and capital safely or would they be killed on sight?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 11:12:40 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2014, 08:40:05 am »

I was wondering that too, but I think there would still be gangs and such in the city.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 08:47:38 am »

You've given me a good idea actually. Thanks.
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7