Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Cheeses And The Mountain Halls  (Read 747 times)

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
The Cheeses And The Mountain Halls
« on: January 18, 2014, 08:25:02 pm »

I found this on one of my worlds and found it amusing, so I decided to share it
And since I cant figure out how to post a screenshot on this forum, i'll just type what the legends entry said.

"The Cheeses And The Mountain Halls was a legendary yellow zircon-bound book. The written portion consists of a 315 paged novel entitled The Cheeses And The Mountain Halls, authored by Kadol Castleshocks. It concerns the mountain halls Severecanyon. The Writing is filled with sadness yet it could only have been produced by a merciful spirit.

In the midautumn of 23, The Cheeses And The Mountain Halls was created in Prestigechanneled by the dwarf necromancer Kadol Castleshocks.
In the midautumn of 23, The Cheeses And The Mountain Halls was stored in Prestigechanneled by the dwarf necromancer Kadol Castleshocks.
"

On another note, can someone tell me how to post a screenshot so I don't look like an ass again?  :(
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: The Cheeses And The Mountain Halls
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 08:43:30 pm »

In order to post a screenshot, you need to take the screenshot (duh), save it, upload the file to a site like http://imgur.com, and copy the (in imgur's case) "BBCode (message boards & forums)" code, which will look something like
Code: [Select]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/I4dhoLE.png[/IMG]
That code, by the way, turns into

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 08:46:41 pm »

There's a couple of places you could upload the image to. I use the Dumping Grounds on my old Newgrounds account. I just needs to be on the internet is all.

Can you dig up Severecanyon in legends and post the history? And for that matter, that of the author, Kadol Castleshocks? Maybe there's a reason the writing is filled with sadness. I've actually never heard that description for writing before. Sounds like a good read.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 08:49:06 pm »

There's a couple of places you could upload the image to. I use the Dumping Grounds on my old Newgrounds account. I just needs to be on the internet is all.

Can you dig up Severecanyon in legends and post the history? And for that matter, that of the author, Kadol Castleshocks? Maybe there's a reason the writing is filled with sadness. I've actually never heard that description for writing before. Sounds like a good read.

I'll see what there is, just lemme retire my adventurer. Also, the entry-
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 09:02:11 pm »

Heres a fragment of the history for Severecanyon (The most interesting part of it)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And the history for Kadol:
And his relationships:

(I'm playing with some mods just so you know)