Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Evil things you do  (Read 9308 times)

BoredVirulence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil things you do
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2014, 07:37:01 pm »

Well I'm not sure if this counts but I managed to use a draw bridge to fling the merchant from a elven caravan into my moat and I got to take all his stuff he had to trade. Still haven't gotten it all in because of the siege.

I also got bored with one fortress and redirected a river into the entrance with all the dwarves inside and unable to get out. It took forever because it surprising did quite well and ultimately only about a fourth of the dwarves drowned the rest starved to death.

I did this once and it was surprisingly less fun than I had imagined. I created a loyalty cascade that was surprisingly short lived and didn't effect most of the fort, got a tantrum spiral that affected about 2/3rd of the fort, and the remaining 1/3rd continued farming / hunting for vermin while the fortress slowly filled with water. I did everything I could to lose and failed at that.

I tested / created gas chambers. The fluid became a gas at a very specific temperature. What was fun was when I accidentally spilled the fluid onto the floor, and dwarves tracked it onto their shoes. As they reached my dining room, it heated by the dwarves body heat, creating a black cloud that caused dwarves to erupt into a geyser of blood. That was a completely accidental test of its legality. It happened multiple times too. I giggled.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2014, 08:56:08 pm »

Well I'm not sure if this counts but I managed to use a draw bridge to fling the merchant from a elven caravan into my moat and I got to take all his stuff he had to trade. Still haven't gotten it all in because of the siege.

I also got bored with one fortress and redirected a river into the entrance with all the dwarves inside and unable to get out. It took forever because it surprising did quite well and ultimately only about a fourth of the dwarves drowned the rest starved to death.

I did this once and it was surprisingly less fun than I had imagined. I created a loyalty cascade that was surprisingly short lived and didn't effect most of the fort, got a tantrum spiral that affected about 2/3rd of the fort, and the remaining 1/3rd continued farming / hunting for vermin while the fortress slowly filled with water. I did everything I could to lose and failed at that.

I tested / created gas chambers. The fluid became a gas at a very specific temperature. What was fun was when I accidentally spilled the fluid onto the floor, and dwarves tracked it onto their shoes. As they reached my dining room, it heated by the dwarves body heat, creating a black cloud that caused dwarves to erupt into a geyser of blood. That was a completely accidental test of its legality. It happened multiple times too. I giggled.

Would I be correct in guessing the gas was a mod? If so, how'd you do it?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2014, 08:59:22 pm »

I've played the part of a fickle god, shaping life from pure text-based code and casting it aside at the first sign of imperfection, forever and ever without end.
I raise up entire worlds from nothing, trace the course of rivers and contours of mountains, and watch as life appears and populates this creation. I wait, and watch. Then, I judge.
So many times, I have found my work lacking. Deeming my creation unworthy, I unmake on a whim. Oceans boil, mountains crumble, and all things die, because the continents were not close enough together I could build bridges between them, or because the humans did not found a city in that one particularly nice location.
Do you have any idea how many worlds I have burnt back to cosmic dust, how many numberless creatures whose very existences I have erased form the cosmos, all in the name of my selfish vision?

In other words, I really need to lower my standards for world gen.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

BoredVirulence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2014, 09:50:21 pm »

Would I be correct in guessing the gas was a mod? If so, how'd you do it?

Yes it was. I made a special liquid material that boiled at between the ambient underground temperature, and the temperature of warm stone from magma underneath it. So the idea was to create a custom workshop that had the reaction to produce the liquid, build it a few in a corridor, create some of the stuff, and lock the corridor down when goblins came. Then you pump magma into a chamber below the floor, heating it. Of course, touching it would cause the body heat to warm it until it boiled also, which was particularly great for trolls, as they would break open the workshop spilling it onto themselves and their friends. I never fully fleshed out the mod, it was a test, but I can link to my test.

Edit: Here it is
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 09:57:51 pm by BoredVirulence »
Pages: 1 2 [3]