Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Evil things you do  (Read 9268 times)

zakanater19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Evil things you do
« on: January 13, 2014, 10:34:01 am »

So as the title says what's the evil things you do to your dwarfs?  :P

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Evil things you do
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 10:55:11 am »

I've been ordering dwarves to wrestle without gauntlets over a 2-level drop onto a cobaltite floor. So far the trauma values for broken bones and jammed joints are a steady 3 and 9 respectively.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Vilhelm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 03:14:59 pm »

Well I had a overpopulation problem, so I sent all new immigrants down into the underground caverns just to see how long they would survive. :P Some of them actually managed to survive for quite a while, until a forgotten beast showed up...  ;)

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 03:18:20 pm »

I've been ordering dwarves to wrestle without gauntlets over a 2-level drop onto a cobaltite floor. So far the trauma values for broken bones and jammed joints are a steady 3 and 9 respectively.

Is there something special about Cobaltite?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 03:46:29 pm »

Cobalt is fairly dense and can be common. It's the third-most dense mine-able stone, under pitchblende, which isn't found in large quantities, and cinnabar. There are heavier metals, but using metal to make a floor would be a waste.

The amount of damage you take from falls partly depend on what you land on, so heavier stone will hurt to fall on more than something like soil.

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 05:21:12 pm »

I like Evil Cloud embarks since the immigrant problem solves itself that way.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 05:23:46 pm »

It's going to be great once nuclear weapons get implemented.

Pinstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 05:32:14 pm »

Cobalt is fairly dense and can be common. It's the third-most dense mine-able stone, under pitchblende, which isn't found in large quantities, and cinnabar. There are heavier metals, but using metal to make a floor would be a waste.

The amount of damage you take from falls partly depend on what you land on, so heavier stone will hurt to fall on more than something like soil.

Plus it makes really awesome looking (depending on the tileset you're using) Walls. I've sent dwarves deeper into the caverns just to mine the stuff so I could have blue walls and fortifications above ground, to the extent of endangering my miners below AND my fort above by leaving it unsealed until the proper stone could be obtained. So yeah I guess that's evilish.

The most evil thing *I* have deliberately done was my 5 minecart repeater trap which pulverized those who wandered onto the kill zone. The fort I built JUST to test the trap for proof of concept died quickly with nearly its entire population either dead or laying at the corners of the kill zone unable to move due to the constantly repeated fractures their bodies were enduring.

The most evil thing I've seen one of my dwarves do was in a tantrum spiral. 3/4 of my fort was dead from some improperly sealed caverns but then the caravan arrived and managed to slay the invading Molemarians. I could have recovered from my remaining population...until my legendary miner went beserk after delivering some water to my hospital. He took his bronze pick and proceeded to hack his pet cat who was following him around in half, then buried the pick into the skulls of every recovering dwarf in the hospital, ran outside and brutally murdered a camel then dashed over to the caravan guards and hacked both legs off of one of them before the other two made it over and finished him off with hammer strikes.

esdo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 05:57:51 pm »

I run a dwarven dwarven daycare (not my idea). throw 1 dwarven kid (1yr old)  and 8 dogs/cats indo the same room, no escape, and drop barrels of food on them. It's quite cruel, right? I name those babies subject (number) and just leave them there. Each time one of the animals try to move, it ends up striking/biting the kiddo/other animal. First week in, and the place is a bloodbath. Thing is, they're staing till they reach maturity at 12yrs. This supposedly trains the child in combat skills, all I got so far was Dabbling. Most of them die from being disabled or dropped barrels on the head...

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 06:22:26 pm »

I run a dwarven dwarven daycare (not my idea). throw 1 dwarven kid (1yr old)  and 8 dogs/cats indo the same room, no escape, and drop barrels of food on them. It's quite cruel, right? I name those babies subject (number) and just leave them there. Each time one of the animals try to move, it ends up striking/biting the kiddo/other animal. First week in, and the place is a bloodbath. Thing is, they're staing till they reach maturity at 12yrs. This supposedly trains the child in combat skills, all I got so far was Dabbling. Most of them die from being disabled or dropped barrels on the head...

haha I was going to mention ''daycare''. I can top that though - I pit wild animals into my childrens test chambers. They win or die. So far I've got some really good stat gains, in under a year. Fatality rates however.... 

As for other evil things I do - I use dwarves I deem 'expendable' to test evil weathers effects to see if they can/should be harnessed. I test trap ideas on migrants, caravan guards and unused children. I don't kill elves on sight. I use dwarves as bait for traps and ambushes. Any fisher dwarf immigrant who is caught outside in a siege/ambush, gets left there, no mercy. I test new immigrants worthiness by forcing them into squads, giving them wooden shields and steel weapons, then pit them against captured or quarantined goblins/SMBs/undead, or if I'm really bored and annoyed by migrants, captured clowns.

But mostly, I'm just a caring, attentive, and protective overseer. Mostly.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 09:26:25 pm »

Probably the most evil and twisted thing I've done was in adventure mode, while mod testing. I had created a race whose skin was made of rock and was seeing how effective they actually were.

That wasn't the evil part. The evil part was this: whilst fighting a particularly irritating human warrior, my grand master striker character proceeds to break every bone in this guys body, puch his stomach until he vomits, cave in both lungs, break his spine, before finally, mercifully, caving his skull in.

I considered the test a success.

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 04:13:05 am »

Yeah, I sometimes assign numbers to children too. It helps later when you are designating a burrow for them. On a drawbridge. Over magma pool.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 09:24:48 am »

So does falling on adamantine floors negate most damage ?

... ONLY IN DWARF FORTRESS.

roughedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 10:18:39 am »

I regularly kill dwarves many ways in a dungeon deep down in the earths crust. My favorite is a massive solid gold spiked crusher adorned with jewels.

Recently I put 200 dwarves in a 3x3 room with a steel spike put on repeat but no roof (the dungeon is many z level high). After half were dead I decided to clean the mess it made, the body parts were flying around and the floor is full of hands, arms, feets and such. The dwarves surprisingly took it well, not much berserking dwarves that needed to be hacked. The military was watching the whole time of course. I hope the vampire is dead, i have 50/50 chances. Also gave back 20-30 FPS. All the corpses were crushed in the communal dump.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 10:58:27 am »

I didn't watch the world burn.
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.
Pages: [1] 2 3