Other Projects > Other Games

So OpenX-Com...

(1/454) > >>

Blaze:
After hearing about it, I went and got it. Was glad that I didn't have to go through DOSBOX anymore (Not that anything's wrong with it) plus tweaks and other helpful stuff.

Started a game on experienced; Russia set up base on me and waited awhile, just finished laser rifle research when I got my first sighting. Loaded up and went out, first turn, run into an alien peeking over the corner. A single one-shot kill. Today's my lucky day.

Then I hit "end turn" and get murdilated by a sectopod.

This game.  ::)

I never really noticed that we had tanks (Usually because by the time I could afford them my troops were just better). Cannon I assume is useless aside from breaching due to lousy aim, but how does the rocket launcher fair?

Geneoce:
Rocket tank is one of the best imo. Got enough damage to knock out a decent amount stuff, AOE means its shit accuracy still manages to collect sectoids and you don't need to spend workshop hours to make one!

Much better option than having 3 troops holding the ammo for your one rocket launcher.

Jacob/Lee:
Yeah, it's something else. I started my first OpenXCom game (after a good while playing UFO Defense) on the... Third difficulty, whatever they call it, and my first mission was a floater terror mission that got everyone killed. I'm convinced I could statistically prove that more aliens spawn facing the skyranger ramp for instant, cheap turn-one reaction fire, too. I have never used smoke grenades this much in my entire X-COM experience.

EnigmaticHat:
Yup, in Openxcom any aliens standing near the skyranger at the start of the game will automatically be turned to face it.  I assume this is to represent them noticing the large transport that landed right next to them.

My procedure is one smoke grenade thrown at the base of the ramp, one dropped inside it.  Also, the soldiers are ordered in the skyranger roughly by expendability.

edit: the tank is useless IMO because it will go out first and you can't easily cover it with smoke.

sluissa:
If aliens reaction fire on the tank though, they're less likely to reaction fire on your more valuable soldiers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version