Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 152

Author Topic: So OpenX-Com...  (Read 223556 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So OpenX-Com...
« Reply #1320 on: March 07, 2020, 06:14:40 pm »

Also, finished X-prison by May Year Second.  :P What i need to do to unlock final missions?

A lot. For the final mission, you need to interrogate the leaders of the major factions and create a vessel capable of getting you to Mars. And the one that does it properly is really expensive.

Wait, there's an option that let's you do it improperly?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 03:51:44 am by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: March 08, 2020, 03:41:27 am »

Also, finished X-prison by May Year Second.  :P What i need to do to unlock final missions?

A lot. For the final mission, you need to interrogate the leaders of the major factions and create a vessel capable of getting you to Mars. And the one that does it properly is really expensive.

Wait, there's an option that let's you do it
improperly?

Yes.
Still not that easy, but you can send a few (I think 7) gals on a suicide mission. Some may die during transit.

Powerball Bat is a joke weapon as well, and probably the magical cards count as those.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: March 08, 2020, 03:53:38 am »

Wait, there's an option that let's you do it
improperly?

Yes.
Still not that easy, but you can send a few (I think 7) gals on a suicide mission. Some may die during transit.

...Does it give a mission that's technically winnable (with, say, enough RNG savescumming to let a barn survive a minigun onslaught)? Or is it scripted for inherent failure?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: March 08, 2020, 03:58:16 am »

You get the regular endgame mission, just as if you arrived with the proper ship.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: March 08, 2020, 09:58:05 am »

First, you need to survive that far, so probably using fewer explosives (or using them carefully). Remember when you're equipping thrown explosives, that you're planning on killing everything in your vicinity, which includes yourself. The barn mission is a good way to learn how to use high explosives responsibly safely without killing yourself.

Explosives and melee do not mix nicely, as your pictures show.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: March 08, 2020, 10:24:04 am »

Bleh. I meant final Dr X ones. Probably missed something obvious. Also, what was it in my screens that suggested i was used explosives in melee?

Just lost an unique admiral outfit to weirdgal transformation. Come the fuck on! Does this lewd undressing in desert witch's text really counts as a warning?
EDIT: Where do i get smelly rags for ratmeister armor and consumer goods for mad scribblings?  ::)
EDIT2:
Found this in demon god shrine. It is called D.I.L.D.O. and doesn't do anything besides going insane. Also, what was the tech three viewing button again? I also found "teachings of the feast" scroll there, but it didn't appear to do anything.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 11:18:58 am by MCreeper »

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: March 08, 2020, 11:16:45 am »

Bleh. I meant final Dr X ones. Probably missed something obvious. Also, what was it in my screens that suggested i was used explosives in melee?

Fire and smoke inside your craft, blasted land in front of it in a chupacabra mission. Someone was using explosives inside your craft and I doubt it was a chupacabra. It could be Ratmen hunters or Marsec exterminators, but those are less likely to be there and not very likely to use explosives.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: March 08, 2020, 11:25:10 am »

Quotation marks are there for a reason. It was actually "hunting party" mission, which, as i already complained long time ago, is basically "get out on turn 1 or die the death" mission, unless you have stupid great armor\windowless ship. If you properly check surroundings you probably will even be able to do so. In this particular one, flamethrower insanified one gal and berserked lokknaar with RPG (best weapon for hunting missions, aye?). Could have been less damage if i didn't give her an RPG, could have been more from actual enemies if i have spawned in the center of the map instead of the corner.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 11:28:35 am by MCreeper »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: March 08, 2020, 12:00:23 pm »

EDIT: Where do i get smelly rags for ratmeister armor and consumer goods for mad scribblings?  ::)
Huh, Consumer Goods have a use now?
When I last played (just before freshness was introduced) gambling gave a steady trickle of smelly rags and, I think, consumer goods.  I mostly remember because the smelly rags take up a lot of storage space due to their smelly-ness.  Consumer goods also come from raiding ships, possibly trade guild particularly, but I'm not sure because it was just vendor trash.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: March 08, 2020, 12:04:52 pm »

Just lost an unique admiral outfit to weirdgal transformation. Come the fuck on! Does this lewd undressing in desert witch's text really counts as a warning?

Playing blind is advised against by the game. It is pretty funny, though.

EDIT2:
Found this in demon god shrine. It is called D.I.L.D.O. and doesn't do anything besides going insane. Also, what was the tech three viewing button again? I also found "teachings of the feast" scroll there, but it didn't appear to do anything.

They're ok for research, and great for pimping, if I remember correctly. Just knock it out.

is basically "get out on turn 1 or die the death" mission, unless you have stupid great armor\windowless ship.

Yeah, the game creator wants deadlier enemies, and also wants you to avoid using cover. It's not a set of design decisions I agree with, but they are there.

Edit: and everything becomes melee in X-piratez, before you have flying armor.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: March 08, 2020, 12:11:54 pm »

Stumbled on what is apparently a K3 beta (not sure what was added), so decided to try another playtrough.
Where did you find that? I was playing on J12 a while back, decided to play again on a more recent version, only its been taken down over a dispute on map resources.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: March 08, 2020, 12:20:20 pm »

Downloaded it there, link was given by some youtuber in comments (apparently originally it was provided to someone by personal request), link to the video was somewhere in official thread, posted by user. https://yadi.sk/d/1MjO26sXM7UHjA
Site is inacessible without TOR in Ukraine because of Politics, but don't think it is blocked elsewhere.  :P
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 12:22:18 pm by MCreeper »

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: March 08, 2020, 12:49:10 pm »

The K3 version was almost ready before the guy who makes the map pack threw a fit, so the testing version is around and the developer is okay with it. There won't be another official release before the maps are replaced, though.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: March 08, 2020, 12:52:29 pm »

Downloaded it there, link was given by some youtuber in comments (apparently originally it was provided to someone by personal request), link to the video was somewhere in official thread, posted by user. https://yadi.sk/d/1MjO26sXM7UHjA
Site is inacessible without TOR in Ukraine because of Politics, but don't think it is blocked elsewhere.  :P
Ah, cheers very much.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: March 08, 2020, 12:56:49 pm »

Is there some estimation of a release time for the next version of xpiratez ?
Lots of missions seemed to be very tied to specific maps, so i imagine it must be some big rework if no missions are removed.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 152