Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 152

Author Topic: So OpenX-Com...  (Read 224734 times)

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So OpenX-Com...
« Reply #525 on: May 19, 2019, 11:20:50 pm »

"Old Coins to GZ Bounty Tokens"

In the "New Production" screen, click on "All Items" and select "Trophies" from the dropdown to see all related items.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 20, 2019, 12:33:26 am »

You'll get stuff for all of them from doing bounty missions. You also get a lot of Jack's stuff randomly from finding Ninjas in the wild, mutants from doing experiment victim missions while those are around, and you can lottery into valuable coins, at least in j14a.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 20, 2019, 12:38:14 am »

The best D Zaxx mission is the raid on a church. You have to have infiltration gear and civilian clothes only and raid a church for ancient coins. (I believe they pay 15 tokens per coin.)
There is also the silly red barn mission. They give you tokens for damaging a red barn and you get points (and money) for stealing crops.

Edit: I am pretty far into the game (I am currently researching XEC suits and Pocket battleship) and do not remember the Necropirates. Are they a new thing, or did I somehow miss them?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 12:42:31 am by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 20, 2019, 12:58:42 am »

Necropirates are new in 14, I think. The church raid mission can make you feel like an idiot if you aren't paying attention because (unlike the normal version) the bounty is only concealable weapons so make sure you're well stocked on pistols and handles on the ship you send. The barn mission is absurd because all farm map missions give you 400 points for free because ayy lmao uber wheat. Otherwise it's a pretty quick in-and-out 100+ zaxx tokens.

What's the usual way to get the Sci Books research? Do I have to do the Dr. X research chain or commit to the mutant alliance to get all the library stuff or is there a more reasonable route? Do they drop somewhere?

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 20, 2019, 01:22:25 am »

A lot of stuff on the tech tree is locked behind the Mutant Alliance, you really can't avoid working with them. At least on a normal playthrough.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 20, 2019, 01:53:21 am »

I'd like to put it off for a bit longer before I start being forced to do brutal pogroms but if I need to do it to get back to school then I guess better to do it sooner and start getting the tech to make the pogroms not brutal.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 20, 2019, 02:08:58 am »

Getting occasional enemies beyond your level is a part of the mod, you just have to try to take full advantage of the easier missions to compensate for pogroms you have to retreat from.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 20, 2019, 03:37:55 am »

There is also the silly red barn mission. They give you tokens for damaging a red barn and you get points (and money) for stealing crops.
I've only ever got that mission at night where it's not clear which barn is actually red so have just destroyed a barn at random. But I've always got lots of points for crops.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 20, 2019, 04:43:32 am »

The mission stays up for a while, so you can choose when to land. Turning off night vision and illuminating the area with ... say molotovs you can also see the colour.

Later it is a nice mission, because you can just send a gal with some big explosive thing in and let it detonate, basically no effort at all.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 20, 2019, 05:13:03 am »

Huh. I've always assumed the score and rewards would be the same whether I destroyed the barn or just knocked the farmer unconscious. So what is it? You get a token for each destroyed barn tile?

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 20, 2019, 06:17:32 am »

Something like that, yes.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 20, 2019, 08:31:08 am »

Necropirates are new in 14, I think.

Definitely been around for a few versions, they were just somewhat rare to encounter outside of shooting them down. My first encounter with them was 2-3 versions ago. I've mostly seen them now on... I think they're landed shipping missions, but instead of a normal "approach a ship and kill enemys" style it's almost like a terror mission where you've got necropirates targeting civilians... but the civilians are all castaway gals. So if you can save them from the necropirates, you can boost your ranks by something like 4-6 pretty easily.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 20, 2019, 09:59:21 am »

I had something like that on...I believe it was my second mission ever. Haven't encountered the pirates since, which is a shame as I'd probably be better equipped to deal with them now.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 20, 2019, 10:08:17 am »

I once saw the pirates fly a B-17. What hipsters.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 20, 2019, 04:14:44 pm »

I got to check X-Pirates again, and the option to turn in coins is not there. I must have gotten it bugged somehow, and also managed to get J14 instead of 14a, so I guess I should restart. Shadowtech is important for a lot of things, so I need those goblin tokens, and I'm not fighting that many rats.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 152