Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 152

Author Topic: So OpenX-Com...  (Read 225058 times)

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So OpenX-Com...
« Reply #585 on: June 23, 2019, 12:03:31 am »

It's been awhile since i've played, but if I recall the Mansion Raid has some rooms at the very top separate from extraction with high value/worth items, but I believe has the more dangerous enemies of the map hanging around them. I would generally knock holes in the walls into them on the roof to get in rather then diverting around to find the normal stairs into them. Or at least I remember needing to do that at least once before. I can't really remember enough to know if they had roof access.

You can make quite a bit of cash on them, handy if you are running low.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 23, 2019, 12:51:05 am »

I'm pretty sure a few weeks ago I debug-revealed the map and several of the best areas were fully walled off.  Which wouldn't be a bug, it's something Dioxine does a lot for "difficulty".  Even when it makes no IC sense.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 23, 2019, 04:16:40 am »

I'm not 100% clear there were areas that were totally walled off - there might have been, but when I was chasing down the last guards it seemed like I found (sometimes very circuitous paths) to get everywhere (although yes, I used Black Powder skeleton keys to get into a number of areas at the start). I ended up killing 22 guards and capturing another 7, which is good because I only had 5 turns left and was more than a little worried about being able to get 3 of my tired looters back to the roof in time.

"Quite a bit of cash" is a happy understatement. If I hocked everything I looted, I'd get $7.5mil - hostages would bring in another $300k or so. Admittedly, there's enough new items and personnel that I'm not going to sell off a noticeable chunk of my booty - but eesh, that's still a big pile of cash.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 23, 2019, 05:37:33 am »

I think in certain layouts there is a treasure chest or two at the bottom, and gems are one of the rarest ressources in the game.
It has been some time since I robbed a mansion (haven't researched it yet in my current playthrough because it is tedious) but I always just killed/captured everyone. Which is probably what made it tedious, now that I think about it.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 23, 2019, 10:57:42 am »

So, your game really hits a wall when armored enemies and good (plasma/Gauss) weapons both show up at the same time, huh?

It sure is fun fighting a star god mutant pogrom with ninja sticks and high-end pistols (spoiler: they're not going to take damage) with a few (lot of) grenades when it's safe to use them.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 23, 2019, 11:42:11 am »

RW, yup, there were 5-10 loose sapphires and 2 treasure chest in my haul. It was painfully long to the point where I'd hesitate to do another, but very rewarding.

Iduno, you can get an out-of-depth experience that's not wholly dissimilar to that a bit earlier with Marsec Bodyguards. Having 4 of those on the first ship where I saw gauss weapons (and worse still, right after I streamlined what I took into battle, so no huge piles of grenades or hammers, because who needs that when intercepting ships?). I managed to bleed 3 to death based on insane amounts of assault rifle/cannon shots and some welcome assistance from their charge's poor aim (seriously, I think 2/4 went down to friendly gauss fire), but the last one standing was gradually over 20 turns or so of painful out-of-ammo melee guass-rifle-butting 4 or 5 hands (who had nothing left but ballbats, handles, and desperate hope) into submission before the remaining hands who were looting choice items in preparation for a morale-crushing retreat found a lone stray previously-unnoticed rocket launcher on one of the Guild security. Needless to say, that was the last time I went marauding without demolition tools, cattle prods, spiked maces, heavy clubs, etc.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 12, 2019, 11:20:13 am »

I see there's a succession fort-like thing going on over here.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 12, 2019, 11:55:37 am »

Looks like there are too many people signed up already. One-two month each, you say? Damn it, "waiting for admin approval".
Looks like there are too many people signed up already.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 05:03:03 am by MCreeper »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 13, 2019, 06:52:15 pm »

I mean, we could do one around here. We'd just need to find a group interested, a difficulty everyone can agree on, and maybe decide which decision to make the 3 times it really matters (women are superior, codex, what to do with Dr. X).

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 13, 2019, 07:16:12 pm »

I kinda dropped this game but I'd love a reason to get back into it.
I've always gone Women Are Superior, but there seem to be some reasons to go Male Touch.  So if there's interest...

Count me in!  And a vote for Male Touch.
Two months per turn sounds good until we decide to switch to 1 month.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 14, 2019, 04:22:18 am »

Well, if there is enough people, i would like to start it. And of course women are superior.  :P
One thing... posting picutures from it is still not permitted? Then what's the damn point? It's not like we all didn't see it all, but still. And barging in mod forum saying "hey, we wanted to start our own succession game, but rules of our forum don't permit posting pictures of best part of the mod, so we moved there" looks a little bit ridiculous for me.  :P
I guess for the pictures and forum rules the researches are the ones problematic i guess, but there's no reason for not posting pictures from battle, it's not detailled visually enough to see anything even remotely arousing for a kid just hitting puberty.
I'll take it as one of those "friendly insults" and drop the subject.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 05:27:32 am by MCreeper »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 14, 2019, 05:17:51 am »

It's been a while i didn't played, but this kind of succession stuff here could be fun if there are enough people involved to get started, so i would be happy to be in.

Apparently the "Male touch" is a bit more difficult path than "Women are superior" as mentionned by the mod author
And the Male Touch is not supposed to be in any way equal. Think of it as a different (a bit harder) experience.

I guess for the pictures and forum rules the researches are the ones problematic i guess, but there's no reason for not posting pictures from battle, it's not detailled visually enough to see anything even remotely arousing for a kid just hitting puberty.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 05:22:11 am by Robsoie »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 14, 2019, 05:55:32 am »

And you can always censor the reseach pics if needed.
I'm in, btw.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 14, 2019, 07:58:35 am »

Well, if there is enough people, i would like to start it. And of course women are superior.  :P
One thing... posting picutures from it is still not permitted? Then what's the damn point? It's not like we all didn't see it all, but still. And barging in mod forum saying "hey, we wanted to start our own succession game, but rules of our forum don't permit posting pictures of best part of the mod, so we moved there" looks a little bit ridiculous for me.  :P
I'll take it as one of those "friendly insults" and drop the subject.

I don't see how you would feel insulted by what i said ?

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 14, 2019, 08:02:07 am »

Nothing. All's fine. We are playing now. Just need to add some more touches to starting post.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174268.msg7995615#new
So we must decide on difficulty, males\females, BASE NAME and i'm starting, probably?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 08:22:45 am by MCreeper »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 152