Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 151

Author Topic: So OpenX-Com...  (Read 215082 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: So OpenX-Com...
« Reply #1545 on: December 17, 2020, 03:05:53 am »

Hardest part of playing Sisters of Battle is their starting ship.  Grenade trap anyone?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: December 17, 2020, 04:02:35 am »

Thanks for the recommendation, that 40k mod is now on my toplay list, hopefully they'll sort out the bugs reported from this current version

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: December 17, 2020, 05:22:01 am »

For that, sambojin, i have crudely dug up an old meme.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Are there really that much weirdos that take "don't take it" difficulty (now with in-game warning!) then complain on forums about it being unfair? Anyways, there is nevar enuff catgirls.  :P

That said, is removing weapon pick up thing really as easy as swapping every attraction: X to attraction: 0 in piratez.rul? Got to test that.  :P
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 05:49:55 am by MCreeper »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: December 17, 2020, 06:57:48 am »

Is the "more aggressive weapon pick up" change also a benefit to the player in the case of pogroms ?
If the allied npc are affected by this change it could also be very helpfull in some of the most insane missions.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: December 17, 2020, 07:07:24 am »

Maybe you could even bring extra guns to drop for the civilians.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: December 17, 2020, 08:37:03 am »

That said, is removing weapon pick up thing really as easy as swapping every attraction: X to attraction: 0 in piratez.rul? Got to test that.  :P
Still pick up, but only if standing on a tile with it. Aaand i have no idea what to search for then.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: December 17, 2020, 11:38:21 am »

Still pick up, but only if standing on a tile with it. Aaand i have no idea what to search for then.

Sounds like it worked then.  Attraction meaning "walks over to".  Still sounds like an improvement.

For the 40k mod, the key to being Imperial Guard is to use your Chimera's turrets to destroy the traitor guard Chimera's turrets on turn one, then it makes things a lot easier.

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: December 17, 2020, 01:37:04 pm »

Hardest part of playing Sisters of Battle is their starting ship.  Grenade trap anyone?
While the back door is not "reasonably safe" (ground zero explosive hits are punishing), it does not have the reaction fire magnet issues that the front exit has.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: December 17, 2020, 01:45:31 pm »

Been meaning to make a Syndicate or Anime-Cat-Girls mod for years too :)
(pretty sure the phase-space for that is open since Kyzrati decided x@com/syndicate-mod had less potential than Cogmind proper. And a necromunda/spryer team of anime-cat-girls game does sound fun too)
Wanted to ask about what exactly those catgirls would fight, but then noticed necromunda specification i glanced over.  ::) Although i'm not sure if it refers to exact (as much as it can be, with catgirls goofing around) setting. Ahem. Does Syndicate refers to obscure FPS from 2012, and does spryer (i didn't know that word existed) team means jovial catwomen team, spraying team, or something else entirely?  :P

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: December 17, 2020, 02:05:58 pm »

Been meaning to make a Syndicate or Anime-Cat-Girls mod for years too :)
(pretty sure the phase-space for that is open since Kyzrati decided x@com/syndicate-mod had less potential than Cogmind proper. And a necromunda/spryer team of anime-cat-girls game does sound fun too)
Wanted to ask about what exactly those catgirls would fight, but then noticed necromunda specification i glanced over.  ::) Although i'm not sure if it refers to exact (as much as it can be, with catgirls goofing around) setting. Ahem. Does Syndicate refers to obscure FPS from 2012, and does spryer (i didn't know that word existed) team means jovial catwomen team, spraying team, or something else entirely?  :P

I'm pretty sure that anybody referring to Syndicate-the-game would be talking about the 1993 one that played as a tactical game.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: December 17, 2020, 09:15:34 pm »

Yeah. The 1993 original Syndicate. Someone ripped the tileset ages ago, and it might not be too hard to bodgy together some recharging-shield-style items that mod basic stats for the combat-drug injectors. Be a very big project though.

The cat-girl thing would just be a soldier-type-as-class mod, kind of like the ubers/ peasants/ gnomes of xpiratez. Just with the basic tropes, the strong nukey one, the fast ninja'y one, etc. Not sure how hard it would be to lock weapons to each character type, but it shouldn't be too difficult to work out something, even if I just do it with built-in weapons (ala magical girl armour in xpiratez). Easier and funner to make and plot out, so I might start with that and gain the skills I'll need for a full Syndicate mod later on.

Wanted to ask about what exactly those catgirls would fight,
Xcom enemies. There's only so much pixelling a person wants to do. Bad enough I'm just going to screengrab mmd models from isometric angles for the cat-girl graphics and down-res them. So, evil aliens, not "anime" aliens.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 11:48:48 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: February 05, 2021, 06:42:44 pm »

WH40K mod v029 is formally released.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: February 06, 2021, 01:28:26 pm »

WH40K mod v029 is formally released.
What's the big changes in this one again?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: February 06, 2021, 02:06:24 pm »

The current version changelog in that post :
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6452.0.html

To quickly test if i installed everything right, i did a quick battle (not sure if that gametype is working with the wh40k mod , i remember it was borked in xpiratez) but after pressing the next turn button so the drop pods opened and my troops stuck inside could finally leave, the pods door crashing into the ground apparently wounded very badly 2 of my troopers that died once the turn began for me.
Wow, life expectancy in the wh40k universe is already low, but if even the drop pods can murder some of the troops they're transporting :D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 02:34:44 pm by Robsoie »

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: February 07, 2021, 01:07:18 am »

I did a short failed run of the WH40k mod. Unless you have a proper Space Marine armor (better than scout), you can take massive damage from pods. But it also applies to any hostiles nearby. They can get splatted by your pods too.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 151