Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind  (Read 50414 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
« Reply #300 on: December 30, 2014, 08:02:17 am »

My best experiences on Morrowind were when I played as a High Elf under the sign of Atronach, Major skills loaded out with magical schools, minor skills in light armour, shield, longswords...

I would generally bumble around like some kind of naive magical eccentric (who eschewed both the Mages guild and the Telvanni and was a genuine outcast), before exploding in a rage of summoned creatures, bound armour and weapons, and ranged spells, leaping around like some kind of killfrenzy legend when situations required it. Most of the game was spent either gathering alchemical goods to fuel my thirsty magical requirements, or baiting magic users/creatures into casting at me so I could absorb the precious magika. The contradiction between slow, useless and vulnerable weakling and literal god of war who completely broke the game systems was a lot of fun. I did not even other following the main plot, and instead focussed on playing the role of mage obsessed with their own power.
This is a blank sig.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 30, 2014, 08:24:17 am »

magical cast-on-strike short blades, fast attack time and rapid processing of their effects.  Must be combined with a high Enchant skill, or it drains their magica too quickly.

Lots of fun abuses and optimizations, and clever effects.  I always played as a Redguard because -- lets face it -- long blades were the best and they were the optimal swordsmen.  In just about every TES game.  But then sometimes you feel like doing something different, like the short blade trick, or a twinked out pure-caster.

Tracking down one of the rare Summon Golden Saint spells so that you can harvest their souls for optimal enchantments... That statue under the ocean that you could get the quest from (again for an over powered longblade, I think i was)... The dwemer airship and other clever bits of lore.  Really a brilliant game.

I never fount the mudcrab merchant.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 30, 2014, 08:53:26 am »

I never fount the mudcrab merchant.

Believe me, it was a massive pain in the ass. It was very much so worth it though, so that's unfortunate for you.

Yes, you get a long blade for that quest called Goldbrand. You could also upgrade it via an easter egg to a version called Eltonbrand. (The method is something you'd 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% never find without a guide so it's insane, but it does make the sword stronger.)
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 30, 2014, 11:20:55 am »

My favorite scroll was Windwalker. <3 (Or the other one with a similar effect that I can't remember)
Made getting around sooo much faster.
Hoptoad was my travel spell of choice. Flying and running fast is alright, but nothing beats jumping over mountains, between levels in vivec, on top of mushrooms, etc., etc.

Gotta' be jump, though. That chance of splattering yourself across the countryside on a missed jump is part of the experience. Just bumping acrobatics is cheating :P

(Note: Frumple is entirely okay with cheating.)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 30, 2014, 01:37:59 pm »

to be honest the racism in Morrowind towards the player was kinda tame. It's not like people aggressed you for being a foreigner.

Well, unless you count the Ashlanders, but it's more "hey don't get into the khan's yurt he may take it badly"
They only presence of a xenophobic faction was the Camonna Tong which only existed in Balmora even though in lore they are suppose to be everywhere in Morrowind and had infiltrated House Hlaalu.Your only interaction with them in the game is a quest from an imperial guard champion to make them "go away". Other than that its just a pub full of pissed off people.

Spoiler: Actually (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 30, 2014, 08:40:36 pm »

to be honest the racism in Morrowind towards the player was kinda tame. It's not like people aggressed you for being a foreigner.

Well, unless you count the Ashlanders, but it's more "hey don't get into the khan's yurt he may take it badly"
They only presence of a xenophobic faction was the Camonna Tong which only existed in Balmora even though in lore they are suppose to be everywhere in Morrowind and had infiltrated House Hlaalu.Your only interaction with them in the game is a quest from an imperial guard champion to make them "go away". Other than that its just a pub full of pissed off people.

Spoiler: Actually (click to show/hide)
Honestly did not know that, I never finished that guild questline since I was already doing House Redoran and Imperial Cult

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 31, 2014, 12:08:57 am »

I never did the imperial cult stuff. (Or the temple for that matter).
I tended to end up as grand master of the Morag Tong, Archmage of the Mage's Guild, highest rank of the thieve's guild but I forgot what it was called, Neravarine and Blades Grandmaster through the main quest and the highest rank in the Telvanni. There may be one more thing I'm missing but I don't think I ever did actually complete the entirety of the fighter's guild quest line, even though I started it.
The circle is complete.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 31, 2014, 12:25:38 am »

There's also the Temple faction which I never really joined as it felt odd if I was playing as a race other than dunmer or I was the Nerevarine considering how against that the temple is.

Let's see; Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Thieves Guild. Redoran House, Hlaalu House, Telvanni House. Imperial Legion, Imperial Cult, Tribunal Temple. Morag Tong and the Blades.

I don't think I've ever joined the Morag Tong... ::Checks:: No wait, the writs sounds familiar and I think I was confusing it with the Cammona Tong who you can't join.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 31, 2014, 12:56:15 am »

Morag Tong are basically the 'Dark Brotherhood' of Vvardenfell except they're a legal organisation.

The biggest pain in the ass with the writ system was (unless it was patched or something) the guards still nicked all your stolen stuff when you gave them the writ.
One of my favorite things to do was loot the great house vaults in Vivec. I think the Telvanni one was empty, though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 12:59:27 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 31, 2014, 03:52:11 am »

highest rank of the thieve's guild but I forgot what it was called, ......but I don't think I ever did actually complete the entirety of the fighter's guild quest line, even though I started it.

I think the highest ranks in thieves and fighters were mutually exclusive.  You could lead all the guilds, just not both of those at the same time.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 31, 2014, 04:02:41 am »

I'm pretty sure I didn't get kicked out of the Mages guild for being high up in the Telvanni, but I was Archmage before I even joined them to begin with. I may just be remembering wrong.

Also, yes, there is a quest for the fighter's/thieves guild that conflicts but there's a way of completing them both.
The circle is complete.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 31, 2014, 06:59:07 pm »

Did you guys know there's a mod by Hitler?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 31, 2014, 07:24:52 pm »

Not sure what you're talking about. You can totally join all the guilds/whatever. Unless you're a vampire. Being a vampire is fun. Completely different experience.

I still remember the first time I played the game. I ended up getting stuck with uncurable corprus because I was too trigger-happy and murdered some Argonian who Dyveth Fyr[Or whatever his name his] had a crush on. Ah, old times.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 01, 2015, 12:40:18 am »

Yes, you can join them, but during one of the quests in Balmora you can end up screwing over one of the quest lines for either the Thieves or Fighters guild and being unable to progress (or you get kicked out permanently, I can't remember.)
It's when you need to get something off the female mage(?) in the Thieves guild Balmora headquarters.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 12:41:54 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 01, 2015, 12:59:35 am »

Ah, yes. It's for the code book or something. You might get a quest from both of those guilds to deliver it to someone different.

Quests where you had to raise a persons disposition I never felt I was doing right in Morrowind. Bribing seems the most straight forward method without any other skills but is a bit wasteful on money.

Edit: On a roleplaying level it felt awkward as well. Funny in it's spontaneity though.
Player: "Hey, will you give me this?"
NPC: "No"
Player: "Ok, here's 100g, now?"
NPC: "No"
Player: "Another 100, yes? No? Another 100. Now?"
NPC: "Ok, here's the info/item."
Player: "Thanks, bye."
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 02:27:24 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25