Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind  (Read 49959 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
« Reply #345 on: August 15, 2015, 01:32:49 am »

Weird Exploits is what made Morrowind Morrowidn, though. Unless you abused them too hard. :v
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 15, 2015, 01:06:48 pm »

Since this has been necro'd, does anyone still have Building Up Uvirith's Grave? I ask this because the only site hosting that mod (from what I know, I did search for others with no luck) no longer exists.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 15, 2015, 02:14:11 pm »

Since this has been necro'd, does anyone still have Building Up Uvirith's Grave? I ask this because the only site hosting that mod (from what I know, I did search for others with no luck) no longer exists.

http://mw.modhistory.com/search?searcht=Building+Up+Uvirith%27s+Grave

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 15, 2015, 02:47:42 pm »

http://mw.modhistory.com/search?searcht=Building+Up+Uvirith%27s+Grave
I was not aware of that site. Thanks.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 15, 2015, 11:18:34 pm »

not a problem, was actually pointed out to me on the steam forums of all places.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 16, 2015, 01:31:53 pm »

never played morrowind, but played all the other Elder Scrolls games. Thought about picking it up. What do you think of installing all 3 of the big mods together? Here is a video about how to do it.
Tamriel rebuilt makes the game bigger right? Does it add value content? Or just more stuff to run around in?
Rebirth: makes the game twice as hard right?
Overhaul: improves graphics right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9ozQUZ8sqs

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 16, 2015, 03:11:52 pm »

You probably don't want to make the game twice as hard when you've never played it before and aren't familiar with the mechanics. It's one of those games where you can wander off and get killed by an animal you've never seen before which isn't level-scaled to you, or enter a cave and get killed by vampires or bandits you weren't prepared for. ;)

When you say "all the other" do you include Daggerfall and Battlespire and Redguard and Arena? (Did I forget any? I feel like I might have forgotten one or two.) Daggerfall's mechanics are closer to Morrowind's than Skyrim and Oblivion's, IIRC, in that the combat math is basically dice rolling based on your skills and stats to see if you hit, and jumping distance and running speed based on your acrobatics and athletics skills (which can be buffed by spells), etc.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Simon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 16, 2015, 03:12:47 pm »

never played morrowind, but played all the other Elder Scrolls games. Thought about picking it up. What do you think of installing all 3 of the big mods together? Here is a video about how to do it.
Tamriel rebuilt makes the game bigger right? Does it add value content? Or just more stuff to run around in?
Rebirth: makes the game twice as hard right?
Overhaul: improves graphics right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9ozQUZ8sqs

Why don't you try it un-modded the first time 'round? Get a grasp of what you like and what you don't, and only then modify the game to your liking. There's a reason Morrowind is considered one of the best in the series atmoshpere-wise, you know. ;) Changing stuff without experiencing it beforehand might result in a less engaging experience.

But be sure to grab the unofficial patch for Morrowind, it fixes a lot of issues, and is really the only plugin there's no sense playing without. :)

If you insist on bringing mods to your first playthrough, try starting with ones that don't overhaul the game from scratch.

Anyways, Morrowind is great, and I have fond memories of playing through it (one of the few titles I remember my very first game of - you'll see why ;) ). So if you're thinking about getting it, by all means, go for it!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 16, 2015, 03:46:10 pm »

... though mod wise, even for someone starting off, I probably would recommend one of the seamless leveling mods. There's a couple that deals with the kinda' clunky progression system that's the default, and imo using them makes the game significantly more... fluid? Smoother, less fiddly (in a bad way). To play.

Maybe a magicka regen mod, too, though it does make things marginally easier (only marginally, because it's a complete non-issue to abuse alchemy to get more or less infinite everything mana). Is another quality of life thing that significantly streamlines a portion of the gameplay.

and probably whatever that cliff runner deletion mod is. That goddamn screeching may be part of the experience, but you're better off without it :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 16, 2015, 05:18:02 pm »

I never understood why Cliff Racers are so universally reviled. A bit annoying, sure, but they drop in one hit once you become marginally powerful.
The circle is complete.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 16, 2015, 05:20:21 pm »

For me, it's mostly because you can't run away from them once they acquire you, and I'd rather not stop mountain hopping to murder the goddamn screechboxes (which gets particularly bad when you are mountain hopping, and you get six+ doing their little screech stutterstep chase bullshit attached to you). They're terribly irritating, noisy as hell, and add very little to the game except annoyance. Better to just get rid of the ruddy things.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 05:23:43 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 16, 2015, 05:31:40 pm »

I never understood why Cliff Racers are so universally reviled. A bit annoying, sure, but they drop in one hit once you become marginally powerful.

They also enable fog of war while they're near you which means you stop mapping, which can make it tricky to find the little hidden cave entrances. And they can do that from behind a tree several meters away from you, screeching all the while. They hover annoyingly out of reach and their hitboxes are so weird you can't reliably hit them with arrows and its a waste of magicka to kill them with spells. Essentially, Cliff Racer's are this. Although I will admit their plumes are my main source of levitation potions, so they're sort of useful, I guess.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 16, 2015, 05:34:00 pm »

I never had issues with them, personally. I didn't know about the FoW thing, though.

But then again, I had a huge pile of Windwalker/That Other One That Does The Same Thing But Worse scrolls that I used to get around. 500 point levitation yay.
The circle is complete.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 16, 2015, 07:13:58 pm »

Regarding to cliffracers, I use the Animal Realism Mod. It really helps not having to fight every rat, kwama forager, and cliff racer on the island, though their diseased and blighted counterparts are still aggressive.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #359 on: August 16, 2015, 08:00:06 pm »

Cliffracers are cool. They're kinda mascots of Morrowind, even more than those Guar things. I kinda stopped giving a shit about them after a while.
SKREEEEE!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25