Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42

Author Topic: [DFHack] Roses' Script Collection Updated 5/4/15  (Read 119865 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack Spells *New Scripts incoming soon!*
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2014, 07:02:05 pm »

Thats good to hear, I guess I will just ask him then and see if the interactions user is stored anywhere. If it is, great!, if not I will jury rig something with announcements and put a big asterisk on all the things that require the users id.

EDIT: Contacted Mr. Adams, he said that the information of who caused the syndrome is not stored anywhere. I will continue to try and make the announcements method more reliable, and make mention of all the flags what require the users id.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:50:31 pm by Roses »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2014, 07:03:07 pm »

Preview:

This example will increase the strength of every Automaton in a 10x10 square by 100 + 10*#Automatons. These types of scripts can be used to create buffs that depend on number of units and such.
wrapper \UNIT_ID script@changeattributes args@STRENGTH;!UNIT;fixed;!VALUE value@stacking;allowed;100;10 radius@10,10,2 acreature@AUTOMATON;BASIC,AUTOMATON;LEADER

Almost ready to put out my new scripts, but there are a couple more additions. For those interested full details on the wrapper script can be found here. There are lots of new features and a lot of new possibilities.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2014, 10:13:52 am »

Reminds me of the Slivers of MtG. Each one has a ability and gives this to every other Sliver... one is weak, a few are strong, a lot are unstoppable.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2014, 10:51:38 am »

Thats sort of where my idea came from. I wanted my Automatons to have a leader class that could link multiple nearby units to vastly improve combat performance. Kill the leaders and the rest become much easier.

EDIT: Here's another fun one I just finished

changebody temperature \UNIT_ID category/HAND+category/FEET fire

This will set a units hands and feet on fire. Similarly if you change the fire to a number, it will set the units hands and feet to that temperature. Punch with fists as cold as ice!!! (Note that I haven't actually done any testing with this yet in combat, I don't know if a punch from a unit with hands on fire will set an enemy on fire)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 02:38:48 pm by Roses »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2014, 08:56:10 am »

"Your" automatons? What are you working on? :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2014, 10:26:03 am »

"Your" automatons? What are you working on? :)

I decided that instead of using MWDF's automatons I would create my own. They differ from other races by each class having a specific role. You will want to choose between taking out the leaders to stop the buffs, the creators to stop new automatons from being built, the salvagers to stop the repairing and enhancing of nearby automatons, or just go after the fighters. Hopefully it all works out as I am imagining. I have had to write a lot of scripts and expand the functionality of my wrapper script. But so far almost everything is working.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #126 on: April 25, 2014, 08:41:01 am »

Sounds a lot better than what I made. Are they designed as a purely hostile race? You might also check the older Automaton Fortress for ideas. :)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 25, 2014, 01:18:54 pm »

Could I have an example interaction in which a minimum amount of FOCUS and WILLPOWER are needed to use an interaction? I'm no good with this :) Thanks

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 25, 2014, 01:58:49 pm »

Could I have an example interaction in which a minimum amount of FOCUS and WILLPOWER are needed to use an interaction? I'm no good with this :) Thanks

That would have to be an interaction that a creature uses on itself repeatedly until the syndrome finally procs due to the sufficient focus and willpower, at which point they will be able to use the interaction.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 25, 2014, 02:06:12 pm »

That would have to be an interaction that a creature uses on itself repeatedly until the syndrome finally procs due to the sufficient focus and willpower, at which point they will be able to use the interaction.
I was thinking more along the lines of, all creatures of a race have an interaction, but only those with say, a willpower AND focus => 2000 can use it. I was thinking of something this; from the first post;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
unless you meant something else? If so, I'm not following :p

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2014, 02:12:21 pm »

All creatures of that race have an interaction that gives them a syndrome when used on theirself. This syndrome has the proper SYN_CLASSes for "min willpower and focus" and gives them the interaction you want them to be able to use.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2014, 02:19:45 pm »

Sounds a lot better than what I made. Are they designed as a purely hostile race? You might also check the older Automaton Fortress for ideas. :)
Yeah, they are a kill all organics race. No pets, no trade, just sieges. I have been looking through various peoples robot-type creatures and entities for ideas about ethics and such, as well as balancing. Right now I am thinking about how best to incorporate worn items and such, since the calculations for combat give a severe handicap to anyone not wearing clothing, even if it is just a tiny amount.

The exact request is a little complicated. It depends on if are wanting the interaction to target yourself or someone else, and what you want the interaction to do. Let me know more about what you would like from the interaction and I can make you an example.

EDIT: I missed the replies, sorry. Yes Putnam is correct, the easiest way to do it would be to use two interactions, one structured with
Code: [Select]
[SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND]
[SYN_CLASS:selected]
[SYN_CLASS:script@addsyndrome]
[SYN_CLASS:args@!UNIT;NAME_OF_INORGANIC_WITH_SYNDROME_TO_GIVE_INTERACTION]
[SYN_CLASS:mental@min;WILLPOWER;2000,min;FOCUS;2000]

Then your inorganic with the syndrome will have a CAN_DO_INTERACTION tag that would behave exactly like normal.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 02:23:56 pm by Roses »

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2014, 02:26:09 pm »

That looks perfect! Thank to you both!
Okay, last thing. I'm trying to make a boil away stone, that will be created in a reaction. This stone should have the syndrome so that if a creature inhales it they gain an interaction, and if their willpower/focus is high enough, this interaction gives them another interaction which is a combat spell they can use from then on. Will this work?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 04:13:45 pm by Godlysockpuppet »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2014, 04:35:36 pm »

If you are already using DFHack, you might as well through a [SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME] in before the \COMMAND one. That will make sure that the unit will get the interaction without having to worry about the difficulties of boiling rocks. Also, I forgot to include a [SYN_CLASS:\WORKER_ID] which should come right after [SYN_CLASS:selected] (\WORKER_ID if being performed in a reaction, \UNIT_ID if being performed in an interaction)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2014, 05:35:39 pm »

If you are already using DFHack, you might as well through a [SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME] in before the \COMMAND one. That will make sure that the unit will get the interaction without having to worry about the difficulties of boiling rocks. Also, I forgot to include a [SYN_CLASS:\WORKER_ID] which should come right after [SYN_CLASS:selected] (\WORKER_ID if being performed in a reaction, \UNIT_ID if being performed in an interaction)
Yeah, I added autosyndrome already :) Thanks for the help.
Oh, could I also be given a quick example interaction using the "propel" script, which throws units away from the user?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 07:11:35 am by Godlysockpuppet »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42