Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42

Author Topic: [DFHack] Roses' Script Collection Updated 5/4/15  (Read 119732 times)

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
Re: [DFHack] Roses' Script Collection Updated 2/21/15
« Reply #570 on: March 03, 2015, 10:42:10 pm »

I have a little request. I tried to use this code to change a trait of the last single dwarf so my no-migrant fort wouldn't die out, but I couldn't get it to work. If someone who knows more about modding like this can help save my fort I would appreciate it.

I think it would be easier for someone else to modify my save than to fix my obviously broken DFHack install. "Father Human" needs to raise his LOVE_PROPENSITY trait.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10638

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 04, 2015, 03:40:19 pm »

If you are just wanting to change one dwarfs trait then it would be simplest to use gm-editor.

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #572 on: March 04, 2015, 10:53:38 pm »

Thanks for pointing that out; I didn't notice that command. I'll try it out when I can.

EDIT: Thanks, that worked.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:03:20 pm by Kishmond »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 18, 2015, 11:21:10 pm »

Sorry, it's been awhile since I was on here, responsibilities have been eating away at my time, but in the little time I have had to test the class system and my mod I have realized that it is important to have an option to choose what spells a unit is able to use at a given time (for instance you may want your mage to have spells X, Y, and Z when Goblins invade, but if Humans invade you want A, B, and Z). So I have been working on a method to alter a selected units spell list manually. When finished it will work by listing all spells currently available to your unit based on class and what they have learned, you can then choose which ones the unit CAN_DO_INTERACTION. This will allow customization of interactions on the level of equipment.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #574 on: March 20, 2015, 07:52:57 am »

Roses, I hate to say this, but if you write this for other people, it would be more benefitial if you write/release a mod that uses the system. That way people can both see it in action, as well as examples in the raws.

Adding more levels of complexity seem... counter productive. I'm a total hyppocrite, because that's what I've been doing for ages in my mod, but even I'm trying to change that. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 20, 2015, 11:27:16 am »

Roses, I hate to say this, but if you write this for other people, it would be more benefitial if you write/release a mod that uses the system. That way people can both see it in action, as well as examples in the raws.

Adding more levels of complexity seem... counter productive. I'm a total hyppocrite, because that's what I've been doing for ages in my mod, but even I'm trying to change that. ^^

Well that has been the idea from the beginning. Really all the things I have been doing are because they are things I wanted to add to my mod. That's why I have been slowing down on the addition of new stuff and have been trying to work on my own mod. I am almost done with my classes (70 classes, over 700 spells and abilities). Next up is the civilizations, and then the events.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 24, 2015, 04:15:38 am »

Well that has been the idea from the beginning. Really all the things I have been doing are because they are things I wanted to add to my mod. That's why I have been slowing down on the addition of new stuff and have been trying to work on my own mod. I am almost done with my classes (70 classes, over 700 spells and abilities). Next up is the civilizations, and then the events.
the propel script seems to be broken on an ARG scale kinda wonder if you could have it set so that you point in the direction you want to fling the person then launch them.
the idea was I'm trying to make a better jump function so adventurers could launch themselves several feet into stuff, scale up walls like you're athletic ninja.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 24, 2015, 10:18:42 am »

the propel script seems to be broken on an ARG scale kinda wonder if you could have it set so that you point in the direction you want to fling the person then launch them.
the idea was I'm trying to make a better jump function so adventurers could launch themselves several feet into stuff, scale up walls like you're athletic ninja.

Is it broken, or just not doing what you would like? I can add the option to just specify -direction (north/south/east/west). But last I tested it it worked as advertised. What error are you getting?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 01, 2015, 05:04:47 pm »

By the way, the new release of DFHack should magically make all your stuff much faster. In the old version Lua scripts were read from the disc and recompiled every time they were run, but now that only happens if they were changed.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 01, 2015, 05:45:46 pm »

Awesome. I didn't see much of a slowdown, but I would guess with a couple dozen units using interactions that trigger scripts you would start to see a fps hit. On a related note, I still need to port my scripts over to the new "scripts as libraries" system.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 02, 2015, 12:13:20 am »

While you're changing things it would be nice if you could use \ instead of ! for escape sequences to make it more uniform with modtools.

When you get to a good landmark I'd be happy to include the collection in the main DFHack repo.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 02, 2015, 12:37:37 pm »

Is it broken, or just not doing what you would like? I can add the option to just specify -direction (north/south/east/west). But last I tested it it worked as advertised. What error are you getting?
oh it breaks on unit selection I found the workaround to this by altering the unit target to be just for the Adventurer but when I attempted to do a at pointer run speed of projectile I didn't write a function that aim the player so I kept flying in the bottom right per jump.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 02, 2015, 06:31:44 pm »

While you're changing things it would be nice if you could use \ instead of ! for escape sequences to make it more uniform with modtools.

Yep, thats on the list. Trying to get out some good comprehensive examples so people don't feel overwhelmed by all the options, but I haven't had much time to work on DF stuff lately.

oh it breaks on unit selection I found the workaround to this by altering the unit target to be just for the Adventurer but when I attempted to do a at pointer run speed of projectile I didn't write a function that aim the player so I kept flying in the bottom right per jump.
Ah, that might be because of Adventure mode, and that it expects a source and target. I will either modify the core script (most likely) or create a new one that allows for jump/charge type functions where you simply input the unit, the velocity, and the direction, instead of needing all the other stuff.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 03, 2015, 06:18:22 pm »

https://github.com/Putnam3145/fortbent/issues/5

Also, I'm not sure if the classes.lua should have events.onUnitDeath.teleport.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 04, 2015, 08:15:36 pm »

https://github.com/Putnam3145/fortbent/issues/5

Also, I'm not sure if the classes.lua should have events.onUnitDeath.teleport.

I don't play adventure mode much, but the names are appearing for me just fine. Note that they only appear when inspecting in adventure mode, not anywhere else that I could find.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And no, the onUnitDeath.teleport was just a copy paste, it should have it's own function name

EDIT: I haven't tried the scripts on the newest edition of DF and DFHack, it is entirely possible that there is some change that breaks compatibility. I will investigate

EDIT2: There were some issues pertaining to run_script vs run_command (which I know should be all replaced with the new system anyway). Would you like me to upload a fix now, or wait until I have it all moved over to the new system?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 09:02:34 pm by Roses »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42