Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Your first/most recent artifact?  (Read 1589 times)

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
Re: Your first/most recent artifact?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 05:47:55 pm »

First was an aluminum battle axe that doubled the wealth of my fortress. Only later (when I actually knew how to play) did I realize how awesome that was.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 05:57:11 pm »

My first was a near-minimum-value craft of some sort. I think it was made with two gneiss boulders, or something equally crappy. My most recent is "Urgedlances," a green glass weapon rack. I'm much happier with my recently-named non-artifact platinum crutch, "Fortresswalk." This crutch has 23 kills so far, including a forgotten beast.

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 06:05:13 pm »

I can't remember my first, but the furthest back I can remember was an iron shield I later gave to my militia commander.

My most recent was "The Trampled Razors" a phyllite bracelet. It's really boring and only worth 3600 dorfbux.
Everything's in the news today

emeralis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 12:10:39 am »

My first artifact was a dogbone sword banded with dogbone and menacing with spikes of... dogbone. I was trying to figure out population control at the time.  My most recent artifact is a nice, if unexciting, clear tourmaline bed.

Blazinganvil1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2014, 12:57:11 am »

Pretty sure my most recent artifact was an aluminum crossbow that added around 144000 to my fortress.
A blood-soaked figure rose from the ashes…
And His name was Armok.

brokegamer

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2014, 02:39:30 am »

I don't remember my first but I think my most recent was a sheep bone chest decorated with lamb bone and donkey bone. I like to think the lamb and sheep were mother and child, but there's no way to tell. A bit morbid really, I put it in the mayor's bedroom.
I do let's plays on them there 'tubes.

Chances are if I'm making a post, I'm drunk.

sirdave79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2014, 10:45:46 pm »

My last artifact was a steel shield.

http://imgur.com/ADrZuzr

I must learn how to post images properly.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2014, 11:42:14 pm »

my most recent was a leather quiver, which was surprisingly hard to craft since I didn't have glass on stock.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2014, 01:04:40 am »

I just got a pyrite chain.

Pretty damn impressive, if you ask me, making an entire chain out of one gemstone.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 02:59:43 am »

I just got a pyrite chain.

Pretty damn impressive, if you ask me, making an entire chain out of one gemstone.

It could be a very, very, very thin chain. Or it was a friggin' huge gem.

I have absolutely no idea what my first artifact was; I've been playing for more than 3 years. My latest is:

"Randomdashed the Armored Scholars", a pig bone leggings.

This is a pig bone leggings. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of chicken bone and pig bone. This object is adorned with hanging rings of copper and menaces with spikes of pig bone, siltstone and cedar. On the item is an image of acacias in llama wool. 

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

MrsStick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2014, 07:12:52 pm »

Lunastel ilul Shithath, "Cloudyally the Lord of Perishment", a cave spider silk trousers.

This is a cave spider silk trousers. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with round cinnabar cabochons. It is made from cave spider silk cloth. The thread is midnight blue with dimple dye. This object is adorned with hanging rings of gneiss and menaces with spikes of cave spider silk and giant cave spider silk. On the item is an image of Nil Neutralchannels the dwarf and a pig tail fiber sock in giant cave spider silk. Nil Neutralchannels is raising the pig tail fiber sock. The artwork relates to the masterful pig tail fiber sock created by the dwarf Nil Neutralchannels for The Swords of Lancing at Inktrail in the late spring of 604.

My dwarf just got legendary status by making a pair of trousers paying homage to someone making a masterful sock. I think my brain just ate itself.
My hubby got me into DF...then abandoned his for MineCraft.
Husband has been possessed!
I'm sorry your husband had a strange mood and ended up making a useless trinket out of useless materials without gaining any experience in the process.
Pages: 1 [2]