Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should a new Quest be generated every time a new embark is built? Tie results in a "no".

Yes - all those "open quests" would make the game more fun
No - Just when a Player's relic lands on one of the six Islands of Questing.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Dwarfopoly (40.24) - Waiting for Temple update  (Read 41845 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfopoly
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2014, 06:34:25 pm »

post to watch...
What happens if the artifact is a bin?

That one I don't know. 
Question #1: Are artifact bins even possible?
Question #2: If so, are they affected by the "teleport bug"
Question #3: Are able to put a bin inside another bin?  (I'm pretty sure this one's a "no", but what about a bin inside a backpack?)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Part 1 of "Everybody knows...": Religion
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2014, 01:11:49 am »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Part 2 of "Everybody Knows": The History of The Wiped Diamonds
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2014, 01:51:50 am »

"The Early Years":
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"The War of Futility":

"The Trials of Boltedgreen"

"The Megapult Conspiracy"

"The Years of Abduction"
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 05:05:38 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Part 2 of the "Visual Guide"
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2014, 04:45:37 am »

So, both Alexis and Bob need to have a quick re-embark with a dwarf who has "appraisal" to find out how much fame they'll be starting with, but that's easily done with a copy of the save file that will be deleted afterwards.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2014, 11:58:19 pm »

post to watch...

That one I don't know. 
Question #3: Are able to put a bin inside another bin?  (I'm pretty sure this one's a "no", but what about a bin inside a backpack?)

Artifact bins are possible: steelhold had an artifact bone bin.
I was basically asking#2

#3. I think you can stick them into a minecart which you stick into a bin.  maybe?*shrugs*
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2014, 03:38:08 am »

post to watch...

That one I don't know. 

Artifact bins are possible: steelhold had an artifact bone bin.
I was basically asking#2

#3. I think you can stick them into a minecart which you stick into a bin.  maybe?*shrugs*

OK then - #3 is answered.  (I'd hate to be the guy who has to drag a binned mine-cart containing an artifact bin all around the world, though.  Yoicks, that relic-bearer would have to be strong!)

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2014, 07:02:37 am »

I don't think you can get a bin into a bin, because _bins are furniture_ and furniture doesn't go in bins, no matter what. That includes minecarts, btw, they're furniture, too. You'll have that problem with any furniture artefact.

Unless masterwork does these sorts of things differently (why isn't this game tagged ☼Masterwork☼ anyway?).

I take it the questions are about how to get an artefact off a site in adventure mode? Any item can be put into a minecart or wheelbarrow, and those _might_ count as containers for artefact moving purposes. Wooden wheelbarrows/minecarts aren't even particularly heavy.

Pre-emptive PS: and before you tell me about hives, nest boxes and chains and ropes, those fall squarely under "finished goods", even though they're built like furniture.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:24:50 am by Larix »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2014, 07:03:59 pm »

I don't think you can get a bin into a bin, because _bins are furniture_ and furniture doesn't go in bins, no matter what. That includes minecarts, btw, they're furniture, too. You'll have that problem with any furniture artefact.

Unless masterwork does these sorts of things differently (why isn't this game tagged ☼Masterwork☼ anyway?).

I take it the questions are about how to get an artefact off a site in adventure mode? Any item can be put into a minecart or wheelbarrow, and those _might_ count as containers for artefact moving purposes. Wooden wheelbarrows/minecarts aren't even particularly heavy.

Pre-emptive PS: and before you tell me about hives, nest boxes and chains and ropes, those fall squarely under "finished goods", even though they're built like furniture.

Good question - I'll just go fix that, shall I?

The Visual guide is still in the works, I've been smacked by RL a bit, as well as trying to get my turn in the Museum game finished, so the guide has taken a bit longer than I wanted it to.  Just saying: this game ain't dead.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Armeleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2014, 01:31:06 am »

Good question - I'll just go fix that, shall I?

The Visual guide is still in the works, I've been smacked by RL a bit, as well as trying to get my turn in the Museum game finished, so the guide has taken a bit longer than I wanted it to.  Just saying: this game ain't dead.

Oh good. I've sort of been following this. I want to see it succeed!
Playing since 2007

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfopoly (☼Masterwork☼)
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2014, 03:32:45 am »

Are there still player slots available? If so, sign me up. This sounds like a blast.

Also, thanks for explaining exactly what those retire commands do, going to be awesome when DF2014 comes out with those features included.

EDIT+

Also question,

So you build your fortress in the mountainhomes, you put your first artifact into a bin. Then you select your adventurer as the creator of the artifact and retire him/her.

Does your turn continue then? With the adventuring part, or do you pass the save off then?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 03:34:34 am by PlayingGood »
*Create potion of immortality*
*Potion Created! Drink potion*
*Immortality gained!*
*You have lost your soul!*

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2014, 09:26:41 am »

Hey TimelessBob. If this is going to be needlessly convoluted and time-consuming, as it will, I will want in, as I do. So may I play as well?

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2014, 06:23:47 pm »

*puts two fingers up*

yup, add me on the turn list as well
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2014, 01:55:41 am »

Are there still player slots available? If so, sign me up. This sounds like a blast.

Also, thanks for explaining exactly what those retire commands do, going to be awesome when DF2014 comes out with those features included.

EDIT+

Also question,

So you build your fortress in the mountainhomes, you put your first artifact into a bin. Then you select your adventurer as the creator of the artifact and retire him/her.

Does your turn continue then? With the adventuring part, or do you pass the save off then?

For the first turn, yes, that's how it works.

For all other turns, you "roll the dice" and post the link to that here in the group, place a monastery embark on that island, (which links to an adjacent Island if you spend fame to "claim it"), then retire the fort and start up and adventuring turn trying to get your relic to that monastery and generate a "quest" on that island if the poll is weighted in favor of that.  Each player will have 1 week to complete both building the new monastery site and getting their relic as close as they can to moving it there.  A turn is up either once the relic has been moved to the new location or a week has elapsed.  If the relic hasn't been relocated yet and the week is up, the relic-bearer must either "retire as a peasant" somewhere or "give in to starvation".  Then post the save for the next person.  When your turn comes around again, you'll have to try to get the relic to the monastery first before "rolling the die" once more.

Of course, post descriptions and pretty pictures if you can.

OK, you three have been added.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:27:34 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2014, 06:15:40 pm »

If this hasn't been abandoned, sign me up for a turn.
Poor Wasara. This fort really doesn't seem to like you too much. All the more reason to continue to help beat it into submission.

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2014, 12:55:57 am »

If this hasn't been abandoned, sign me up for a turn.

Pretty sure it's just turtling, should be ready for someone to take a turn soon.
*Create potion of immortality*
*Potion Created! Drink potion*
*Immortality gained!*
*You have lost your soul!*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9