Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should a new Quest be generated every time a new embark is built? Tie results in a "no".

Yes - all those "open quests" would make the game more fun
No - Just when a Player's relic lands on one of the six Islands of Questing.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Dwarfopoly (40.24) - Waiting for Temple update  (Read 41863 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Dwarfopoly (☼Masterwork☼)
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2014, 10:59:17 am »

I can link to this from my next update. I started adding a link to a community fort/story, since the last three updates I did. In case you need more players, it might help. :)

Thanks.  I'd appreciate that.
Is done. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2014, 05:41:42 pm »

Year 105:

Arrival report:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spring report:

Summer report:

Autumn report:

Winter report:

Year 106:

Spring report:

Year 107:

Year 108:

« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 10:25:33 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2014, 12:53:05 am »

OK, turn list and save updated...

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2014, 12:56:48 pm »

Did anybody contact 4maskwolf? Does anybody know what's going on?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:25:32 pm by wasara »
Poor Wasara. This fort really doesn't seem to like you too much. All the more reason to continue to help beat it into submission.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2014, 01:32:20 pm »

PTW

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2014, 08:12:59 pm »

I just got 4maskwolf's PM - he's asking to be pushed back in the turn list due to not having access to his computer, so I'll be readjusting the turn dates and bringing the next Player in line forward...

There.  Done.  The turns will now run from Saturday to Friday every week (unless the same thing happens, in which case we just readjust and continue.)

Wasara: I've placed 4maskwolf ahead of you to honor the boundary dates you set when you asked to be a part of this mad game, so no worries there, either.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
  • Mox alter equo vita reale at solis occasum equitat
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2014, 11:43:06 am »

so, It's Saegge time I guess. Let's see if I can figure this one out. Will load the save now, reread the manual and hope that this will be my first actually working adventure mode run.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2014, 12:01:04 pm »

Well, THIS turn is all about fortress mode - you run a fortress until you get an artifact - stick it in a box then "retire" it before passing the save along.  Next cycle is the one with adventure mode. 

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2014, 01:18:03 pm »

Just so you know: I'm currently working on my fort. Write up should follow when I'm finished.

a few notes about my thoughts so far:
-could be useful to mention some important Mod-Settings in the OP
-wondered if I could embark over a coast, so I could start with a bridge to the next isle. (Decided to have a nice embark, instead)
-absolutely forgot about harder farming of Masterwork. Kind of screwed me over.
-the game runs freakin fast oO
-has quite long loading times though

(may be extended later on)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:20:17 pm by Saegge »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2014, 01:01:57 am »

could be useful to mention some important Mod-Settings in the OP
   Like what?  I already link to the Masterwork version 4g in the "Game description" spoiler.  Was there anything in particular you had in mind?

wondered if I could embark over a coast, so I could start with a bridge to the next isle.
   You'll definitely be doing that when you build the first monastery on an island, but that's already covered under the "Claiming an Island" spoiler.

absolutely forgot about harder farming of Masterwork. Kind of screwed me over.
   Yep, underground crops take a whole year to grow, so setting up four seasons of field per crop (leaving each fallow every other season) is the best way to grow them.  Above-ground crops grow in just one season, so they're usually good to have around too.  Little walled peach gardens or strawberry patches can save your bacon that first year!

-the game runs freakin fast
   Depends on your machine, I guess - it runs about as fast as regular DF on my laptop.

has quite long loading times though
   I believe that's because I've retired two places there already.  One is the magic portal fortress on Pirate Island, and the other is the one I posted for Turn 1.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2014, 04:18:24 am »

Like what?  I already link to the Masterwork version 4g in the "Game description" spoiler.  Was there anything in particular you had in mind?

The Masterwork Launcher has a huge amount of options to mess around with. Feels like there has nothing really changed, but it could.  So in the beginning I was a bit insecure which mechanics to expect.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2014, 04:26:24 am »

The Masterwork Launcher has a huge amount of options to mess around with. Feels like there has nothing really changed, but it could.  So in the beginning I was a bit insecure which mechanics to expect.

Ah.  I'll add the fact that all you have to do is start playing with the Launcher as-is to the first post.  Good idea.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2014, 06:32:39 am »

The launcher does not affect saved regions. Only new world you gen after you made changes. It doesnt matter what settings you chose when you load an old save, or a succession fort. (only tileset is important)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2014, 07:27:28 am »

I am almost done, just have to wait, till my artifact is in a bin. However, I actually noticed a famous visitor I think. Not sure, if this is a problem or if there is a whole clan of them...

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2014, 04:50:43 am »

It's not a problem - the Relic Bearer apparently decided to come see your fortress.  He happens to be married, so the more rich or skilled dwarf of the two is the one that gets to choose the surname, which the children then inherit.  It's just a little genetic mini-game I play every time I start up a fortress, so that it makes it easier to trace who did what and how they're related at a glance both in the "relationships" screen as well as in Legends mode.  In your screen capture, it looks like the happy couple both came visiting.

(The fact that even dwarves retired as adventurers will still show up as immigrants in new forts is the reason why its the artifact-in-a-bin that represents our playing pieces instead of the adventurers themselves.  At least THEY have a better chance of staying where you leave them until your turn comes around again!  However, that also may be an interesting bonus - because the various "Relic Bearers" could be thought to be a type of mercenary, training up their skills in militias across the world and possibly dying heroically or even surviving until your next turn, all buffed up and battle scarred, ready to safely carry your artifact to it's new place once again.  We'll see what happens.)

If I need to set up a new "Relic Bearer" when my turn comes around, I'll do that.  The TRUE face of Armok is what's important here, not the puny lives of his devotees... (heh)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 05:04:32 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9