Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should a new Quest be generated every time a new embark is built? Tie results in a "no".

Yes - all those "open quests" would make the game more fun
No - Just when a Player's relic lands on one of the six Islands of Questing.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Dwarfopoly (40.24) - Waiting for Temple update  (Read 41832 times)

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
  • Mox alter equo vita reale at solis occasum equitat
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfopoly (☼Masterwork☼)
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2014, 08:34:45 am »

[a blood encrusted note book]

Overseer Report of Puppetminions

Our Group was send to build a new outpost in the jungles near The Point Of Strategy. We are supposed to defend an important bridge crossing the river Anguishhazed.
As soon as we arrive we'll set up first workshops and clean an area to build our camp.

We managed to set up shelter quite easily. There are hordes of annoying monkeys, trying to steal stuff, but our bulls and dogs killed quite a lot. Also I ordered cagetraps and walls to protect us against them.

Summer arrived and we are looking good thus far. We are protected and our supplies seem pretty stable. A group of dwarves arrived. Some of them came from the mountain homes and were supposed to help on our course. However, there also was this strange couple. They called themselves "Mr & Mrs Gusil". Mr Gusil claims to be "THE Relic Bearer" - absolutely don't know what this is about.

Autumn continues without accidents, but I noticed a mad dwarf starring around like he awaits someone to struck him from behind. As long as he stays out of trouble there's no reason to bother I guess. Also, I ordered to fortify the bridge at last. A caravan from the homes arrived. I bought some cloth and animals but nothing really important. We are in good shape.

Since the merchants left everyone is going crazy! I don't know what this is all about. The mad one just attacked one of our workers but was quickly struck down and Mrs Gusil took our crafter's shop, letting nobody else in. Also, she runs around, collecting tones of cobaltite.

She just finished her construction. It's a figurine of a random dwarf who died to frog man at Freedomportals and also happened to be a liason for a year. I tryed to ask her, what this is about, but she immediatly stated, that this is no simple figurine but an idol of the true face of Armok. She went all nuts, when a bystander couldn't hold his laughter.

Rukalkekim:

In advance it got stranger every day. The Gusils started to fight about this true face thingy. Seems like he also claimed that a while ago and considers his creation challenged. She suddenly  got a kind of authority over the over dwarves. On her command, everyone started building a monastery at the bridge.

DOOMS UPON US! A army of corpses just came around. We don't have any mentionable means of defense and our Military Commander (Mrs Gusil promoted herself) took the figurine and vanished. Mr Gusil just ran in the opposit direction. Hope we can survive...

[couldn't get the value and getting back to site might get annoying. But if I understand the wiki page about item values correctly it should have 4800 (Figurine+3 decorations, all cobaltite: 4*10*120=4800)]

Save: http://www.mediafire.com/download/33rab096u03iagm/Turn+2.zip

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2014, 01:20:54 pm »

She just finished her construction. It's a figurine of a random dwarf who died to frog man at Freedomportals and also happened to be a liaison for a year. I tried to ask her, what this is about, but she immediately stated, that this is no simple figurine but an idol of the true face of Armok. She went all nuts when a bystander couldn't hold his laughter.

Rukalkekim:

In advance it got stranger every day. The Gusils started to fight about this true face thingy. Seems like he also claimed that a while ago and considers his creation challenged. She suddenly  got a kind of authority over the over dwarves. On her command, everyone started building a monastery at the bridge.

DOOMS UPON US! A army of corpses just came around. We don't have any mentionable means of defense and our Military Commander (Mrs Gusil promoted herself) took the figurine and vanished. Mr Gusil just ran in the opposite direction. Hope we can survive...

[couldn't get the value and getting back to site might get annoying. But if I understand the wiki page about item values correctly it should have 4800 (Figurine+3 decorations, all cobaltite: 4*10*120=4800)]

Save: http://www.mediafire.com/download/33rab096u03iagm/Turn+2.zip

OK, I just did a throw-away embark at puppetminions (ie: I downloaded the save just to use it for information rather than to pass along to the next player.)  You'll be happy to know that your artifact, "The Eerie Splatters", is worth 36,000 Fame.  (A bit more than 4,800, eh?). 

That's funny about Mrs Gusil.  Those crazy dwarves...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 01:26:11 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2014, 01:39:32 pm »

Oh. Thanks, I guess. That's a little weird, but I'm absolutely ok with it. How big is the Gusil clan - like in how many players can get an artifact? :P

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2014, 06:45:24 pm »

It's just dumb luck that they BOTH made an artifact.  That works pretty much the same as vanilla DF as far as I understand it.

Using Legends mode, I see that I'll have to redo the background history and the Pantheon.  I'll have it changed over this week.  (They were true for the previous version, but everything changed when I regenerated the world using the same seeds.)

« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 02:41:09 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2014, 07:46:32 pm »

but it's hilarious that we'll have a race between spouses. I'm very excited to see how this will continue

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2014, 02:46:50 pm »

I agree - it just adds an interesting "domestic conflict/reconciliation" element to the overall story.  Sort of like those households where the husband is Catholic and the wife is Jewish and they're always arguing theology over dinner.  Interestingly enough, their eldest son, Blindedfaded is already married, so there's the possibility that their children or even grandchildren could get in on the fun too...

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2014, 02:54:58 pm »

that necro grandmather hunting the artifacts of her grandchildren just blows my mind. This is getting so awesome

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2014, 04:32:37 am »

If Dolwin doesn't take the turn by the 4th, I'm removing him from the list - I sent him a PM, but haven't gotten a reply yet privately or otherwise. Captain McClellan: Will you be ready to play your turn next week?

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Dolwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2014, 07:51:18 pm »

I actually sent you a question yesterday if I should wait for you to do the update you mentioned.  Regardless, you can take me off your list.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2014, 02:40:21 am »

Ah. Thought that was another person.  My apologies for the miscommunication.  You've been removed as requested.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 02:53:14 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2014, 10:55:58 am »

So..... it's Captain's turn right? Should someone PM him?
Poor Wasara. This fort really doesn't seem to like you too much. All the more reason to continue to help beat it into submission.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2014, 04:26:56 am »

4maskwolf should take his turn in two days, I haven't received any message from the Captain - maybe DF2014 is too shiny right now or something...

Listen, guys, please post something saying that you're downloading the save to the group when you do - otherwise we're just hanging out in limbo.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2014, 03:19:57 pm »

Just checked with the Captain and he didn't get the initial PM.  I'll be PMing 4maskwolf if the Captain passes on using the rest of his turn. 

As a tangent: How cool is it that DF is so popular that the server is overloaded to the point of failure?  Way to go Toady!

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2014, 03:50:56 pm »

Yea, I'm here. I wanna play. Lemme just grab the save and reread what's gone on so far. I'm going behind Saegge, I guess. Which is fine with me. Just so long as I do get to play a turn. ^_^
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:57:17 pm by CaptainMcClellan »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2014, 05:15:13 pm »

er, the Captain is ALREADY behind Saegge.  I think we mean wasara though.  Making the changes now...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 05:17:00 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9