Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Civilizations, government, and conflict  (Read 4256 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Civilizations, government, and conflict
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 09:19:17 pm »

Is there just one nature spirit for the whole planet though? I thought each elf civ had its own. Or each forest. It's been a while since I messed with Legends Viewer. If it's the latter, what would an elf civ's relationship with another spirit be?
Spirit per forest per civ. I have no idea. Maybe they rent the other forests.

Elves certainly don't like killing. A look at their ethic files is pretty explicit: They don't have capital punishment, only banishment.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

TehLandWalrus

• Bay Watcher
  • In the Game of !!SOCKS!!, you ALWAYS have !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Civilizations, government, and conflict
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 10:00:09 pm »

The Elves are vicious it seems. I was reading through legends about this Dwarven civ that was almost constantly at war with the Elves. They kept attacking 'Tulipgrips' and kept being defeated by the resident Goblin warriors (Pseudo slaves/mamluks) and then the Elven archers would come and 'devour' the Dwarves. After repeated assaults, the Dwarves breached the walls and rushed the Elves, pillaging and salting the countryside. I imagined that the Dwarves sacrificed the prisoners for the blood god.

Anyways, after that, this Goblin assault force attacked the same Elves that they had been under (maybe a non-official slave revolt?) and with the aid of the Dwarves completely annihilated the tree-hugging swine.

For the rest of legends, Goblins ruled the Dwarven civ and Dwarves ruled the Goblin civ.

But the most remarkable thing was that I traveled with an adventurer to as many of these twin civ's cities as possible. I found that most of the 'slaves' were now animal-men and Elves. I did mess with some random raws, but this was cool. 
Pages: 1 [2]