Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 210290 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Night 2
« Reply #1215 on: March 10, 2014, 02:43:09 pm »

Tiruin: You're missing the point that TDS has claimed to be able to help me fill my wincon.  Without any counterclaiming, I am forced to believe him.  Therefore, he's required for me to win.  If he's lynched, MOWE and I lose.

Do you still think this is a town vs scum game?
...He said 'might'. Next: The book says 'Evil', explicitly. So we have a fall-back option in the name of RangerCado/Leafsnail. Granted, both are summoners. So blugh.
Wait, when was Leafsnail confirmed summoner?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 10, 2014, 03:40:58 pm »

PFP Nightmare. Woohoo, lucid + vivid dreams.
Because he's the only person who has said anything sandwich related (besides MOWE, whose implications are obvious) and no one has counterclaimed him.  Should counterclaiming happen, then things change.
Come on Toaster.
He said a POSSIBILITY. He's Evil. And it explcitly said they should NOT receive this book!
No one has counterclaimed him because he's touting a possibility. Are you so blind as a third-party that you grasp at whatever is proffered to you?
So YEAH I believe this is a town vs scum game! Given your wording of 'still think this' with the "still" emphasized, what do--and did--you think about it? Because I'm done flailing under this mystique team Evil keeps on pushing.

D1 I was confused.  D2 I did think it was standard.  Now I don't.
::)
You are a master at fluffing something up without saying anything.
I need details, not repetition.

So you KNOW you're third-party? (Figures, that's how you've been behaving, IMO.)

I did once I asked my question and saw my wincon.  Prior to that, I assumed I was "town" or whatever passed for it.  Now I'm not so sure a town exists.  If it does, things are probably closer to the latest Toon Mafia with a boatload of third parties.
Meaning what?
I can't infer what you've to say when you say 'stuff is like [Mafia game x]' because it gives a TON of implications.

Could you answer me this, again, and be less evasive?
Toaster: Can you detail your point better, please? As in, what basic stuff am I missing?[/b]

Tiruin: You're missing the point that TDS has claimed to be able to help me fill my wincon.  Without any counterclaiming, I am forced to believe him.  Therefore, he's required for me to win.  If he's lynched, MOWE and I lose.

Do you still think this is a town vs scum game?
...He said 'might'. Next: The book says 'Evil', explicitly. So we have a fall-back option in the name of RangerCado/Leafsnail. Granted, both are summoners. So blugh.
Wait, when was Leafsnail confirmed summoner?
...Look back please.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 10, 2014, 04:07:54 pm »

Tiruin:  I know what he said.  And I'll say it again- unless anyone else comes forth with sandwich details, yes I'm going to take what he says at face value.  Do you have any other sandwich options for me?  No?  Then I don't care.

And since you're missing this point as well, I do not care who is evil and who is not.

So you KNOW you're third-party? (Figures, that's how you've been behaving, IMO.)

I did once I asked my question and saw my wincon.  Prior to that, I assumed I was "town" or whatever passed for it.  Now I'm not so sure a town exists.  If it does, things are probably closer to the latest Toon Mafia with a boatload of third parties.
Meaning what?
I can't infer what you've to say when you say 'stuff is like [Mafia game x]' because it gives a TON of implications.

Could you answer me this, again, and be less evasive?

Uh... how can I detail this any more?  I know my wincon.  It is nothing like a standard town wincon.  Therefore, I am forced to conclude that I am third party.  Sometimes, there just isn't any more detail!  This isn't being evasive- this is being complete.

Let A be "town wincon"
Let B be "scum wincon"
Let C be "third party wincon"

Let D be "Toaster's wincon"

D = A || B || C

D != A
D != B

Therefore, D = C.

As far as what I thought of the game, I thought I had made that clear in the past.  I don't have time for tons of details right now, but basically I found Leaf's D1 argument convincing enough to throw me off track.  From NQT's flip I decided that it's probably all shenanigans and there's a real game hiding here.  From the revaluation of my wincon, I decided the game is a third party mismash.

If you want details, you can wait a bit.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 10, 2014, 04:09:49 pm »

I read back to where you claimed that you are actually an investigative type, and said that Leafsnail was lying, but you only said he was evil, not a summoner as well.
Was there some other point?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 10, 2014, 04:29:03 pm »

Tiruin:  I know what he said.  And I'll say it again- unless anyone else comes forth with sandwich details, yes I'm going to take what he says at face value.  Do you have any other sandwich options for me?  No?  Then I don't care.

And since you're missing this point as well, I do not care who is evil and who is not.
::)
He did that AS A POSSIBILITY.
As what me and Caz have done-we PROVED that it doesn't give such random features like that! Guess what: I'VE GOT A BEARD.
If such wincons like so are to be taken at that value, then I must have multiple items to 'win' and in that case, it spells nonsensical to see that kind of complexity in this game.

Do you think less about yourself as a third-party? No? Why don't you care.

And since you're missing my point as well, you're being a liability to us all if you continue being like that.

Uh... how can I detail this any more?  I know my wincon.  It is nothing like a standard town wincon.  Therefore, I am forced to conclude that I am third party.  Sometimes, there just isn't any more detail!  This isn't being evasive- this is being complete.
So you explicitly need to eat a grilled sandwich...why?
I had my note that the beard was important. Look what it gave.

I'm still playing.

As far as what I thought of the game, I thought I had made that clear in the past.  I don't have time for tons of details right now, but basically I found Leaf's D1 argument convincing enough to throw me off track.  From NQT's flip I decided that it's probably all shenanigans and there's a real game hiding here.  From the revaluation of my wincon, I decided the game is a third party mismash.

If you want details, you can wait a bit.
Then I shall wait. But take this to ponder on: Why do you have a direct wincon, and the others don't?

I read back to where you claimed that you are actually an investigative type, and said that Leafsnail was lying, but you only said he was evil, not a summoner as well.
Was there some other point?
...I meant both, because he was already evil beforehand.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 10, 2014, 05:28:33 pm »

EBWOP
What does that portable black hole do, Caz?

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 3
« Reply #1221 on: March 10, 2014, 07:53:02 pm »

There is so much going on this game I don't even know where to start.

A summary of what's happened in the game would be useful, or even better, a compilation of claims. I've followed the game for the most part, but it's pretty convoluted and I don't want to trawl through 80 pages. Thanks.

I am a Crafter. I'm female. My only special ability is that I can carry two items at once. I have no items. Very boring.

Last night I asked Nerjin if the meteor could be stopped. He said that it could, in a variety of ways.

Caz:
Caz (because I realize my post is full of bold): Can you fullclaim? Why give me ye book?

You asked for it, iirc. Though at some point I regretted that since I thought you're a mage with world-sploding powers. I'm a joker with a town-aligned win-con, i.e. "if town wins, so doth you must". Kinda more boring than I expected, but wutevs.
You know your wincon? Did you know it from the beginning, or ask Nerjin?

Tiruin and Toaster: This wincon stuff- did you think that growing a beard was your wincon, Tiruin? Do you know for certain that getting your sandwich will make you win, Toaster? They seem similar, but I'm not quite sure what people know and what people are speculating on.

Nerjin: I look at Tiruin. Can I see a beard?

Everyone: Who knows their wincon and what is it?

I apologize if these questions have been asked before.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 10, 2014, 08:09:34 pm »

Nerjin: I look at Tiruin. Can I see a beard?

It would be hard to miss it. It's the classic Lumberjack.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 10, 2014, 10:27:35 pm »

Tiruin and Toaster: This wincon stuff- did you think that growing a beard was your wincon, Tiruin? Do you know for certain that getting your sandwich will make you win, Toaster? They seem similar, but I'm not quite sure what people know and what people are speculating on.
*strokes manly beard*
Well, that was the best assumption I have of a deviating wincon. The next best assumption I have is to read moar books which can grant knowledge, or probably go to the salon or anything related to that.

But the best thing I believe is getting the Meteor Summoners out, and in that case-I doubt there's a time limit to that (I mean seriously.)

Nerjin: I look out the window to check on the status of the Meteor, what do I see?

A summary of what's happened in the game would be useful, or even better, a compilation of claims. I've followed the game for the most part, but it's pretty convoluted and I don't want to trawl through 80 pages. Thanks.
Check this, sister.

I'll get an updated one soon. Also, is your ability passive? Do you have any active abilities?
Last night I asked Nerjin if the meteor could be stopped. He said that it could, in a variety of ways.
But never said in exacts, right?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 10, 2014, 10:32:24 pm »

So uh.

Turns out Nerjin just informed me that my wincon is actually an EXTRA wincon, and I am in fact, still town.  I just may or may not leave the game if I can eat some warm num nums.

So now I'm back to thinking it is town versus scum, with a twist.  I'll have to take another shot at reviewing things, but for now it's back to RangerCado.

Tiruin:  In light of this revelation, please tell me what you think the nature of the scum team is, since you clearly think there is one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: March 10, 2014, 10:43:13 pm »

So uh.

Turns out Nerjin just informed me that my wincon is actually an EXTRA wincon, and I am in fact, still town.  I just may or may not leave the game if I can eat some warm num nums.

So now I'm back to thinking it is town versus scum, with a twist.  I'll have to take another shot at reviewing things, but for now it's back to RangerCado.

Tiruin:  In light of this revelation, please tell me what you think the nature of the scum team is, since you clearly think there is one.
Evil. People.

This book. This nice, beard-endowing book, specifically advances my suspicions that Team Evil is...actually, our antagonist team. Given their attitude as of late, I am under great suspicion that they had hoped the veil of being lost in this kind of ideology would continue, explaining most ideas given in D1 which were in the field of speculation.

Checked up Leafsnail, checked out Summoner-ish, in the hints.

...So let's return to that age-old question. Why Cado over TDS/Leafsnail?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 10, 2014, 10:43:13 pm »

Nerjin: I look out the window to check on the status of the Meteor, what do I see?

The gentle breeze causes the emerald green grass to sway in symphony with the waves of the lake. Young couples speak in whispers to each other, trading illicit secrets with ruby blushes upon their cheeks. Lush green trees stand every vigilant as they bend to and fro in order to appease the breeze's wishes. The indigo sky greets the sun as cheerfully as the sun greets the cotton-like clouds. For all intents and purposes today is the perfect spring day. Bees and birds frolic to their duty as a cat idly watches a far-off dog. You know that if the window was open the fragrant smell of roses would permeate the room. The large meteor fades from your thoughts even as you look at it. It is far away, though visible, but even its tail seems enticing. Its magical component is obvious as you see the trail is a dazzling rainbow. You feel as if you could gaze at the scene for days on end. It is with great difficulty that you turn your attention back to the room.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 10, 2014, 11:03:59 pm »

Tiruin:
...So let's return to that age-old question. Why Cado over TDS/Leafsnail?

Because I don't trust you one damned bit.

You say you want to lynch evil people.

Ranger has claimed- and Mastahcheese has supported this- that he is evil.

But you do not want to lynch Ranger!

So I turn the question right back around at you- why Leaf/TDS over Ranger?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 10, 2014, 11:09:18 pm »

*facepalms yet again*

You have very superficial perception if the cyclic logic I keep on trying to break to you is repeated over and over ad nauseam
I DO want to lynch Ranger, but I am keeping him as an emergency lynch if in case BADSTUFF happens! I am trying to break the Evil=Scum or prove that Evil=Scum by pushing ONTHEOTHERTWOEVILPEOPLE.

When can you change your questioning?! Will it take YEARS for you to pay attention to that which I repeat AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN?!

And if not, why don't you EVER back up any sort of assertiveness on ME doing anything towards CADO?1 I've stated more than THRICE on why I want him lynched LATER.

C'mon Toaster! Surely you can't even be this daft. Unless you've something else to push, then FORWARD IT. Because I've seen no contribution on your side, falling in with TDS/Leafsnail. The only accusation you tend to level at me is 'Y U DEFEND CADO'?!
Which I've answered, if you're going to ask that damn question again.

It's. All. Back. There.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 10, 2014, 11:09:58 pm »

*cue disposition of Toaster to skip towards the negatives after a casual conversation earlier 'because he's a third-party~'

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 112