Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112]

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 209621 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Smster W/ Love - Game Over
« Reply #1665 on: April 13, 2014, 08:56:53 pm »

I wasn't lying.
YOu lied about not having a chat.  Also, about not knowing who the others were.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: April 13, 2014, 09:07:30 pm »

Well yeah I lied about that, but everything else was just a result of confusion due to webadict not giving me any straight answers.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: April 13, 2014, 09:12:47 pm »

Well yeah I lied about that, but everything else was just a result of confusion due to webadict not giving me any straight answers.
Lolz yeah web was cagey as all hell everywhere.  Nerjin started out that way but then toned it down quite a bit.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: April 13, 2014, 09:15:04 pm »

The damage was already done.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: April 13, 2014, 09:16:15 pm »

Basically to have a mafia game you need an informed minority, even in a bastard game.  Especially in a bastard game.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: April 13, 2014, 09:19:50 pm »

Basically to have a mafia game you need an informed minority, even in a bastard game.  Especially in a bastard game.
Meh.  I think that a game can be done without an informed minority, at least as to the general mechanic of the game.  There needs to be some credible threat, but there are ways to accomplish this beyond evil mods and informed minorities.  How well it can be done without those tricks remains to be seen.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: April 13, 2014, 09:21:18 pm »

If the threat is not an informed minority then it's not a mafia game.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: April 13, 2014, 09:21:46 pm »

If the threat is not an informed minority then it's not a mafia game.
But must the minority be totally informed?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: April 13, 2014, 09:22:39 pm »

They must receive some information beyond "The three of you share a quicktopic", yeah.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: April 13, 2014, 09:24:22 pm »

They must receive some information beyond "The three of you share a quicktopic", yeah.
True.  But I think that if he had said you are the meteor summoners and you don't want the town to know about you it might have suficed, I saw the scumchat and you guys came up with a lot of good ideas.  Having the scum be confused is not necessarily a bad thing, but having them COMPLETELY confused is very bad.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: April 13, 2014, 09:31:45 pm »

If the scum received enough basic knowledge to actually operate as a scumteam that would be ok (although we would have still been a pretty lame threat considering our lack of any actual power or knowledge about game mechanics).  I guess webadict was actually correct not to verify that we were on the same team though, considering that there was nothing stopping one of us from offering up our buddies in exchange for fulfilling their alternate win-con.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: May 22, 2014, 10:39:43 pm »

If the scum received enough basic knowledge to actually operate as a scumteam that would be ok (although we would have still been a pretty lame threat considering our lack of any actual power or knowledge about game mechanics).  I guess webadict was actually correct not to verify that we were on the same team though, considering that there was nothing stopping one of us from offering up our buddies in exchange for fulfilling their alternate win-con.
Pretty much my fault for that. I was just messing with you guys, and then I made a mistake. Also, I was having some real existential crises. You know. Typical life things.

Anyhow, you can blame me for anything that went wrong. This was an experiment in wackiness, and while it could've turned out better, I can understand where it went wrong. Overall, it is likely not a good choice for a Mafia setup. It would work better as a regular forum type game.

Also, I apologize profusely Nerjin. So much sorry that it overwhelms my senses. Overwhelmed by this feeling of sorrow and regret.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: May 22, 2014, 10:50:43 pm »

Also, Nerjin left this in my inbox and lost it. Here's the Vampire's flavor.

The man sat deep within the dark confines of the cave. Everyone from the village knew that where he was. He watched over them, some said. Others believed he was an avatar of the gods who simply observed with no intention of helping. Others still believed the man an abomination that needed to be destroyed. Yet no one ever went to the man. Some debated it. Some even prepared for it. However at the end of the day they would always change their mind.

Eternally the man sat in the cave. Through years. Through decades. Through centuries. Never eating. Never sleeping. Never speaking. He simply sat in the darkness. Unmoving. Unfeeling.

Eventually a brave group of children went further in a childhood dare than any before them. They actually approached the large mountain that housed the cave. No one knew which cave he was in but they did know that it was somewhere within this mountain. The children of the village often thought of approaching but none did.

The children, emboldened by their apparent bravery, decided that this mountain would make the perfect arena for their game of “Seekers”. Several times the children would hide from the Seeker and several times all the kids reunited. Eventually however the group grew bored with the game and left.

It was only a small girl still hiding in the mountains. Her hiding spot was carefully selected. A large cave with only darkness as a companion. After hours had passed she began to wonder just how good her spot was.

Growing bored, but not wanting to abandon her spot, she began to look around. At first their was only darkness. Soon her eyes adjusted and she noticed rocks. Then she saw something else.

A man, unmoving, who appeared to be as much of the cave as the rocks had been.

“Who are you?” She asked.

The man did not reply. His eyes, however, glanced at her for a few moments before returning to their thousand-yard stare.

The girl, feeling like she was intruding. Left.

She returned home that night to find her parents crying with grief over her disappearance. They celebrated the fact that she had returned but she had only one thought. The Unmoving Man.

The next day, as her parents went to the river, the small girl once again climbed to the cave. It was surprisingly easy to find the second time. She carried with her a small basket. Walking into the cave she saw the man again and, again, the man saw here.

As before his eyes looked at her for only a moment. But that was enough for her. “Who are you?” The girl asked. As before she got no reply.

The girl waited for an hour before she opened her basket “You look hungry. I brought you bread.” She figured that handing the bread to the man would be easier to question if he had food. However the man made no move to take the bread from the young girl. Feeling disappointed the girl set the bread in front of the man and left.

Again she returned home to her family. Yet the image of the man would not leave her mind. She knew he must be lonely. She had many brothers and sisters while the man had only rocks. She had a mother and a father while the man had only a piece of bread that she had brought.

The next day the girl was unable to return to the cave. Her parents were teaching her to fish that day but she knew that she must return the next day.

The day after the girl left her house with a smile. She had caught a very large fish that she figured would go well with the bread she had left with the man. Arriving at the cave the man’s eyes once again looked at the girl but returned to their staring at something that wasn’t quite there.

“I brought you a fish to go with the-“ The girl stopped as she saw that the bread was where it was. Unfinished. Apparently untouched. Even the animals appeared to have ignored it. The girl however was not offended. She had many friends who disliked the dark bread her mother often made. This time she put the fish upon the bread. “I caught that fish yesterday. That’s why I wasn’t here. My name is Bon-Shee. Who are you?”

Yet again the girl was disappointed by the fact that the man said nothing. Still she resolved to come back again and again that day after she left.

The very next day she came in with some vegetables. Maybe the man would like them? As she walked into the cave she noticed that the man appeared to look at her a little longer. Perhaps he was wondering why she kept coming back?

“Hello again Man-of-the-Cave. I brought you leeks today. They go well with Fish I think.” Looking for the small meal she had left him over the past few days she was surprised to see that the food was missing entirely. Looking at the man with a smile she asked “Did you enjoy the food?”

The man made no reply and did not even look at the small girl. Still she knew that he must have been the one to eat it. There was no one else who would have. Setting the vegetables down in front of the man the girl began to tell him about her day. She did not know if the man listened or if he even could hear. Still she felt better having someone to talk to about her life. Before she left she turned to him and asked “Who are you?”

Yet again the man was silent.

This became a habit of hers through the years. She would go about her business and, on days that permitted, would visit the man in the afternoon. She would always bring something new to him. A new type of fish, a new toy she had found, a painting she had bought, some perfume that the man might like, and once even a small rock. The man would always look at her for a few moments before she would set the item in the same spot each day, for  the previous one would have disappeared. Then as soon as it was sat down the man would go back to staring off into some memory that was known only to him. She would sit opposite him and tell him about her day.

Every day, just before leaving, she would ask “Who are you?”

And every day he would not answer.

This happened for several years. The girl grew taller. The girl grew wiser. The girl grew beautiful. The girl ceased to be a girl. She soon became a woman.

The man stayed still. The man stayed silent. The man stayed the same. The man stayed eternal. Yet he became her dearest friend.

It was on the fifteenth anniversary of their meeting that the girl stayed later than usual. She had been telling the man of how a young boy had spurned her affections. He had laughed at her. The girl had cried for hours to her unmoving friend. She eventually stood with a smile. “Thank you for listening. Who are you?”

“I am Nosefer.”

The girl was so shocked to receive a reply that she sat back down “Wh-why are you in this cave?”

The man was silent. She had not seen his lips move. Perhaps he hadn’t said anything and her mind had conjured the words? Turning towards the cave mouth she sighed. She loved her friend but wished she could help him. Listen to his problems.

“Come back tomorrow at sunset.”

Turning around to look at the man she saw him simply staring as he always did. But she felt like she must follow this advice. Even if it wasn’t truly from him.

The next day she was consumed by curiosity. What did he want to say? If anything. Was it really his voice? Would he ask her to leave? Request a certain type of food?

The girl’s heart was beating faster than any drum as she began to enter the cave. The man did not look at her. He did not move.

“Was that you yesterday? You truly spoke? I wasn’t imagining it?”

“Yes, it was me.”

“Why?”

“You are tenacious.”

“So you spoke to me because I kept visiting?”

“I have been here many thousands of years. Only you visited me that often.”

“Don’t you have family?”

“I had a clan. For many years. They were all slaughtered by various inquisitors of my homeland. Only I survive.”

“Why?”

“There are those who will destroy what they do not understand. You do not. You seek to learn. I can tell.”

“I… I am curious. Why this cave?”

“I began my hermitage after my clan was destroyed.”

“You said they didn’t understand you?”

“I did.” The man replied as he, for the first time in many hundreds of years, shifted to his feet. He was much taller than the girl.

“What didn’t they understand?”

“My needs. I have but one.”

“What is it?”

“Ver’csion. To feed.” The man amended himself.

This weird word was one the girl had never heard “What is so bad about it?”

The man hesitated. “You called us friends. Would we remain such after my secret is shared?”

The girl did not hesitate “Of course!”

The tales are cloudy, after this point, about what happened to the girl. Some say the two ran off to help refound the man’s clan. Other say the man devoured her, soul and all. Others still say that now there are two in the cave. Forever watching. Forever waiting. Forever biding their time for some unknown purpose.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: May 22, 2014, 11:13:43 pm »

I love Nerjin's stories.

Also Hi Web :)
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112]