Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 212879 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #195 on: January 25, 2014, 01:00:13 pm »

Bah. Weekend study because I slept in class. It's so unfair!!

*sings* Answering in order, because I can...

Makeinu:  What would you do to someone you think is puzzle solving too much to hunt scum?

Wait. There's a difference? I thought finding scum was the puzzle. Your question makes no sense to me...

makeinu: So you've narrowed down some of the people that are Not Evil, from some careful observation, and one of them is attacking you, what do you do?

Same damn thing I'd do if I hadn't narrowed them down as Not Evil: question my assumptions, reread the evidence, dig into and refute why they're attacking me. Good scum can't be easily distinguished from town, because good scum don't play at being town.

Makeinu: In the last game of BM, you were scum and lynched Day 1.  What would you have done differently, thinking back on it?

Not a goddamned thing. I had fun being as openly scummy as I could. There are reasons I did it that way, and I won't discuss them until that game is over.

makeinu~ <3 How're you doing? Given the 'different' setup, what would be your basic priorities in the first place? There's always hunting scum, but do you think there is an underlying puzzle within the context?
Also, how would you treat a scummy looking person-and what tools will you use to do so (mafia context)?

I'm doing very well, actually, in real life. I've gotten very good news recently, and other things are finally falling into place, so that I can get back to my life for reals. That will mean, sadly, far less time for this sort of thing.

By different, I have to assume you're referring to the theme and the semi-bastard setup, wherein we can be lied to but "not 100%". Priorities are always hunting scum, but I'm assuming that there are hidden win conditions as well, and those will be interesting to explore. The underlying puzzle within the context I'm very sure exists. Do expect some role playing out of me, dahlink, as this seems the perfect setup for it, and I do love a good role play. Kitten with a whip rowr!

Treat a scummy looking person the same as I would in any other setting, however. Scum have this way of breaking under pressure, chuno?

2. I would never lie 100% of the time to you, Tiruin.

*blinks adorably* Would you lie 100% of the time to me, Mr Badict? I lurv it when you lie to me... *waggles eyebrows*

Okay. That was a little creepy, even I have to admit. :P

Leafsnail, makeinu, Tiruin:
Since we have a pretty much confirmed 3 player scum team, what kind of patterns may crop up among these three interacting and how would you use them to hunt?

Oh goody! I always wanted to be on a scum team with Tiruin, and now I am! In your question, that is.

I would expect to see no patterns between them. If there are identifiable patterns between them, then they're giving themselves away, and that makes me a sad pony. However, no pattern between them, meaning no readily identifiable consistency in interaction, can itself be a pattern, and so that's something to watch for.

Everyone: What does everyone think of the 72 hour days. Will this make it easier or harder to find scum?

I'm more used to 48-hour days in mafia. 72 seems generous to me, as do day extensions. I rather like that longer time period, as it makes it harder for scum to manipulate the vote directly, though the hammer mechanism overrides that to a significant degree.

1. Well, probably. I'd suggest doing cartwheels first though. They're easier.

You've obviously never tried to do cartwheels then.

Makinu, are you deliberately making a role and item claim there? Don't answer this if you think doing so would give too much info to scum.

Nah, baby, I'm just getting into the party!

Also I infer that by 'importance' you mean...by innocence, right? What did you judge all questions towards you on, as in, what did you mean behind that importance-of-questions?[/list]

Class. President.

Duh! :P

I had, literally, time only for that post, and you always answer the Class President!

*watches Tiruin play Pat-a-cake with the new students for a while*

makeinu
What the heck are doing? Are you failing miserably to be subtle in a roleclaim or something? You're better than this. Get in here, you bum.

You have no idea... *sniffs, picks lint from mastacheese's jacket, flicks it away*

For the record, dealing with a personal crisis. I'll be in here when I have the chance.
No excuses!

No, really, crisis. Deal, man, I got issues.

Makeinu: the reason it was seen as a role claim is that the current consensus is that there is some sort of flirt character in the game, which caused everyone to jump on that as a role-claim. If you were a beginner, I would be inclined to agree, but you aren't, which leads to an irritating mental WIFOM. My point is: don't be surprised they made a possible miscue.

Keepin' 'em guessin' OH YEAH!! *does irritating Vector dance*

No not really, I don't see how these questions do anything. Are you sure its un-!!FUN!! for the person lynched though?

They sure seem to have your knickers in a twist. Do random questions bother you? Are you afraid of what you might get asked? Does it worry you that you might slip?

mastacheese.

Hapah and leafsnail seem to not to be doing much.
You make an excellent point, good sir.
Do you wish to do anything about this matter? Or simply delegate it to me?
I'm just a noob so I'm not sure what to do, you seem to know what to do. But I am keeping in mind that you could be scum.
Just point it out to them. Put their names in bold to draw their attention, and ask them why they're being inactive.
Here, I'll do Leafsnail, you do Hapah, so you can get used to it.

Leafsnail:
You've only posted once so far. How much attention are you paying to the game? What are your current thoughts/reads at this time?
Hapah: Can you please explain the lack of posts?

Oh, neat! Collusion!

That's not suspicious AT ALL!! Nothing to see here folks!

Out of curiosity, has a GM ever been lynched? Or at least voted lynched?

*raises hand* I have been.

Strangely, all the votes got erased. Somehow. <.< ... >.>

I'll give the first finger to Webadict.
Giving people the finger is awfully rude.

Are you kidding me? You can do awesome magic with fingers!

Quote from: makeinu
And as for the seemingling baseless questioning towards your vote, how do we know you don't have some ability that affects people you merely vote for? That could be a powerful ability if it exists.
You don’t. But A, when have I ever not done exactly this? Seriously, every game i’ve played on the board i’ve opened with a random vote to my knowledge, no matter mine alignment. B, you don’t, but why use it so early if I did have one?

Wait, wut?

I know that I've used all those words before, but never in that exact order.

There! Homework done! Now I can... what do you... Aww man! I have to ask my own questions too? Jeeze Louise...
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 25, 2014, 01:08:25 pm »

*blinks adorably* Would you lie 100% of the time to me, Mr Badict? I lurv it when you lie to me... *waggles eyebrows*
Nobody likes a suck up, makeinu.

That is incredibly inappropriate to talk about in school.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 25, 2014, 01:11:40 pm »

Nobody likes a suck up, makeinu.

not true. Some people do like suck ups. They're just generally not very good people.

That is incredibly inappropriate to talk about in school.

You have a very dirty mind. :P
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2014, 01:21:39 pm »

not true. Some people do like suck ups. They're just generally not very good people.
That's a very generalistic view coming from you.

You have a very dirty mind. :P
Did I get a name change to Mr. Kettle?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2014, 02:23:11 pm »

Wuba: Is NQT Confirmed Good or Confirmed Not Evil? Are all 3rd Parties Evil?
Are you Good?
@Hapah: Are you Good?  Don't use lack of time as an excuse, it's a simple question.
I'm not Evil, so I guess so?

Hapah: NQT is confirmed not evil.  That does not mean that NQT is not a third party, it merely means that NQT isn't one of the rock summoners.
I dunno, when I asked Wuba if NQT was Not Evil or Good he said "Yes". I think he's Good until proven otherwise.

Hapah: Can you please explain the lack of posts?
My wife wanted to go hang out with her friends after work, had some drinks and played Cards Against Humanity. It's...something, lol. Like playing Mafia but the spouse trumps it.

Makeinu:  What would you do to someone you think is puzzle solving too much to hunt scum?
Wait. There's a difference? I thought finding scum was the puzzle. Your question makes no sense to me...
"Puzzle solving" in a bastard game usually references trying to figure out how much the game has changed, how it works, what's broken, etc. etc. Prime examples would be Mein Kampf Mafia or the Witches Coven games, maybe that Temple game that Meph ran.

Six new pages and not a lot of meat, but I guess it is D1.

The clues I'm looking at are the pieces of information that webadict has carefully avoided telling us.  I encourage everyone else to do the same.
Seconded. Even the kinda dismissive or nonsensical answers might have something useful in them; I know at least one does.

Caz: Care to join us?

Walnut:
Assuming scum have a normal kill, what do you think the odds of NQT getting killed tonight are? What would you do as scum?

Toaster, Leaf:
What do you two make of the Good/Not Evil thing? I think I've got the right of it, but I'd value your opinions.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 25, 2014, 02:28:24 pm »

Hapah: If they have a normal kill it would most likely be wasted on trying to kill it because the doctor role would most likely defend him.
Crack-a-lack-a

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 25, 2014, 03:26:54 pm »

A couple things:

First, would the impeding doom from the meteor mean a loss for everyone (unless those people who have applicable wincons) if we don't do this in time?

Second, the first post of day 1 by Mr. Wub Addict says that the "annual fundraiser" is this week. Any ideas on what that could be?

Third, I still have doubts about NQT. He might be good, but could still be corrupt (as is hinted in the first post).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 25, 2014, 05:22:15 pm »

A couple things:

First, would the impeding doom from the meteor mean a loss for everyone (unless those people who have applicable wincons) if we don't do this in time?

Second, the first post of day 1 by Mr. Wub Addict says that the "annual fundraiser" is this week. Any ideas on what that could be?

Third, I still have doubts about NQT. He might be good, but could still be corrupt (as is hinted in the first post).

One more thing: How much do you think NQT can influence the vote? It's likely that his vote counts more than ours.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - FULL - Setting Up...
« Reply #203 on: January 25, 2014, 08:01:30 pm »

Suddenly, and quite without warning, almost as if there had been no indication of it at all Dr. Nerjin, of no relation to Mr. Nerjin the announcer, walked into the room.

“Dr. Nerjin !” Shouted the students in shock. Dr. Nerjin was a reclusive substitute teacher who only showed up… Well when the world was threatened to be ending. While amusing in his own way none of the students really knew much about him other than his love for Revolvers and the fact that, despite all laws to the contrary, he wore a Revolver at his hip.

“Yes yes. It is I.” Dr. Nerjn said in his characteristic over-compensated drawl. For some reason each word he spoke seemed to take several seconds to say. “What the devil is going on in here?” He asked as he glanced at the board.

“Well three students summoned the meteor that is gonna destr-“ Notquitethere started but was cut off when her desk sprouted a hole thanks to Dr. Nerjin’s shooting of it.

“I’m well aware.”

“How are you not fired?” Notquitethere asked in a bored tone. This was basically par for the course with Dr. Nerjin. He seemed to have some way of not getting fired when he did outrageous things such as: Shoot at student, light the school on fire (Gaining the admiration of most students), and even teaching the children false information about how the universe was created by a giant toad. The closest he had come had been when he’d committed the heinous crime of actually enjoying school food.

“Magic.” The good Doctor replied.

“So uh… Do you know who did it?”

“Yes.”

“Oh, who was it?” Notquitethere asked. The rest of the class leaned forward, eager to learn this secret.

“Couldn’t tell you.”

“Wha? Why the hell not?” One of the students shouted.

“Because I’m on break.”

“But you just got here!”

Placing his, most likely illegal to own, revolver on the desk Dr. Nerjin asked “So?” With that said he slowly walked out of the room.

Turning towards eachother the Flirt and Nerd whispered “Why did he even come in if he was just gonna leave?”

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
Caz - Hapah,
Hapah - Leafsnail,
HissihnWalnuts - Tiruin,
Leafsnail -
makeinu -
mastahcheese -
MyOwnWorstEnemy -
notquitethere -
RangerCado -
TheDarkStar -
Tiruin - notquitethere,
Toaster -

Not Voting - 4maskwolf, Caz, HissihnWalnuts, makeinu, mastahcheese, MyOwnWorstEnemy, RangerCado, TheDarkStar, Toaster,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

Make sure I didn't miss your vote.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 25, 2014, 08:07:43 pm »

Nerjin, how could you allow such an insane madman to pit us all against each other like this?

I'm only the announcer. I'm a less glorified secretary. I have nothing at all to do with hiring practices or students or really anything. They hand me a paper, I read the paper and then I play patty-cake with my desk until school is over.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 25, 2014, 08:32:29 pm »

I'm not sure were my name is in red but I'm not going to argue.
Anyways I cant seem to see someone ultra suspicious, but leafsnail, and hapah have done some lurking. I think I have to go with leaf snail if I don't find anyone later.
Crack-a-lack-a

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 25, 2014, 08:38:16 pm »

I'm not sure were my name is in red but I'm not going to argue.
Anyways I cant seem to see someone ultra suspicious, but leafsnail, and hapah have done some lurking. I think I have to go with leaf snail if I don't find anyone later.
..Erm, grammar-poke. :P

So..I really get the feel like you're missing things (not expected but..just a feeling).
Here are handy links, redirecting to the Beginner's Mafia/Mafia Tutorial Original thread post, for details on why colors are used.
Please read up..
Because you've missed my question: Link

This is a summary of all posts directed to you: Link.

What expected question will arise is "Why exactly Leafsnail compared to the rest; I mean, lurking? Why?"
PFP

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 25, 2014, 08:39:51 pm »

I'm not Evil, so I guess so?

[...]

Toaster, Leaf:
What do you two make of the Good/Not Evil thing? I think I've got the right of it, but I'd value your opinions.
I make that you obviously don't know what the town win condition is.  Your previous question to NQT makes no sense if you yourself were told that you were "not Evil" rather than good.

But don't worry, you're not alone in that respect.
1. I'm not convinced yet that NQT isn't third-party. The definition given was "not evil", which is slightly different from good. That being said, I don't think we need to worry about NQT right now, because s/he isn't one of the rock summoners.
This post makes no sense unless 4maskwolf did not receive a "not Evil" PM - that PM would have instantly cleared up the confusion he has.
Well, not evil also means neutral/good, but then Web did define evil--it also goes to reason that we can't put this 'not evil/evil' on an interval scale: It just assumed that our Class President is...not malevolent.
Same here.  There's no way someone who knows that their own alignment is "not Evil" would find it ambiguous that someone else's alignment is also "not Evil".

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 25, 2014, 08:44:42 pm »

A mafia player might want to talk as little as possible so he doesn't slip up, and become suspicious. But of course, your the one voting against me, so questioning my every move isn't abnormal.
Crack-a-lack-a

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 25, 2014, 08:46:35 pm »

So my question to the three of you - that's Hapah, 4maskwolf and Tiruin - is: what is your real alignment?  Are you the three meteor summoners?

And HissinhWalnuts, I still want to hear why you thought the game hadn't started.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 112