Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 213209 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #225 on: January 25, 2014, 09:23:58 pm »

By which I mean I asked you a question.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2014, 09:26:03 pm »

Makeinu: Very well, limited answer accepted.  What is your rationale behind believing that assisting a new player learn the game is sinister?

I don't. I merely commented that they appeared to be colluding on whom to question out of the 'lurkers'.

That seemed somewhat teamy to me.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 25, 2014, 09:26:45 pm »

Tiruin: You are running the current BM, yet have given very little helpful advice to our new player.  Why?
Oh,  I was supposed to give an opinion.  Has posted a lot, but other than that, no idea.
The Master of Cheese: A tad defensive, but nothing definitive.

I don't have enough info on anyone else for a post, except...[...]
I feel hurt.
Very little helpful advice?
>__>
Really?
...And why does that denote a FoS?
PFP

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 25, 2014, 09:27:51 pm »

Makeinu: hem hem... question.  An answer is pending.

Patience is a virtue.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 25, 2014, 09:30:14 pm »

...I'm a mage, and I've no idea what my alignment is. Neutral Good I guess?

Also I was reading per post >_> Y u so pushy.

And why do you ask? PPE'd
Isn't it obvious that I'd want to ask someone about their not-being-town?  Does that not seem like an interesting line of questioning to pursue?

I don't really believe you, but I'll make my main point in my next post.  You should see where I'm going then.

Also you know they dont exactly have to tell the truth. They could just lie about their alignment
And I could just crush that lie by pointing out that their posts contradict it.

And to argue on this point-the state of being evil attracts curiosity given that NQT is both-Good, and declared 'Not Evil'.

While the simplest sense would be similarities in synonyms, I choose to poke at it..entirely--it may be a waste of time but hey, fun with bastard games.

I get the feeling that you're approaching this with more certainty than not; what are you thinking about it, Leafsnail?
You admitted that you did not receive a "not Evil" role PM in your previous post, so I don't get what you're saying here.  I'll get to what I'm thinking about below.

Erm... I don't know.  I'm not evil, Wuba said we would know if we were evil.
No he didn't.

LeafSnail: Do you think that there is an actual town, or that everyone is a third party except scum?
I think there is a town.  Although it's not really a standard one.

Also this post makes it pretty obvious that you're scum just FYI.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 25, 2014, 09:34:16 pm »

Tiruin: You are running the current BM, yet have given very little helpful advice to our new player.  Why?
Oh,  I was supposed to give an opinion.  Has posted a lot, but other than that, no idea.

I feel hurt.
>__>
Really?
PFP

Very well.  You were giving advice, in a very "get to playing the game and answer the damn question" kind of way.  While I was giving advice on how to prepare and MastahCheese was directly instructing himm you approached it from a very blunt, this is how we play the game now play it kind of way, at least from my perspective.  THAT is why I pointed it out, though in admittedly poor wording.

Tiruin: I was told in my previous game, by one of the players who is modding this game and playing that one, that emotional comments will not turn good results.  You have included a fair few remarks grounded in emotion this game: is this just the way you play?

Leafsnail: If I'm obviously scum, vote for me.  Why are you withholding your vote?  Also, read the line right before the vote count.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 25, 2014, 09:36:21 pm »

...I'm a mage, and I've no idea what my alignment is. Neutral Good I guess?

Also I was reading per post >_> Y u so pushy.

And why do you ask? PPE'd
Isn't it obvious that I'd want to ask someone about their not-being-town?  Does that not seem like an interesting line of questioning to pursue?

I don't really believe you, but I'll make my main point in my next post.  You should see where I'm going then.

Also you know they dont exactly have to tell the truth. They could just lie about their alignment
And I could just crush that lie by pointing out that their posts contradict it.

And to argue on this point-the state of being evil attracts curiosity given that NQT is both-Good, and declared 'Not Evil'.

While the simplest sense would be similarities in synonyms, I choose to poke at it..entirely--it may be a waste of time but hey, fun with bastard games.

I get the feeling that you're approaching this with more certainty than not; what are you thinking about it, Leafsnail?
You admitted that you did not receive a "not Evil" role PM in your previous post, so I don't get what you're saying here.  I'll get to what I'm thinking about below.

Erm... I don't know.  I'm not evil, Wuba said we would know if we were evil.
No he didn't.

LeafSnail: Do you think that there is an actual town, or that everyone is a third party except scum?

Or, you know, third party.  Because a third party could just as legitimately ask this question as a scum. Or town without a clear win condition.  This is a bastard mod.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 25, 2014, 09:38:59 pm »

LeafSnail: The fact of the matter is that you seem to be thinking of this as a normal mafia game.  The description of a bastard mod says that you may not be told your win condition, meaning that someone who is a town power role, in a bastard mafia with standard roles, could not know whether or not they are actually town or if they are third party.

My apologies for the rant, everyone.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - FULL - Setting Up...
« Reply #233 on: January 25, 2014, 09:39:28 pm »

Technically, he did. Sort of.

Aaaaand, your gender and stuff are in your roles. If you're not told you're Evil, you're not Evil. Have fun. Ask away, foolish fools. I'm sure I forgot to explain something.

:|

4maskwolf: please trim your post quotes down to the relevant portions only. Walls of text are annoying when they're necessary and relevant. They are infuriating when quoted unnecessarily.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 25, 2014, 09:40:38 pm »

Did you? I was talking more on what we discussed pages earlier-the speculations on Good/Evil/Not Evil beforehand. The basis too, was in Web's post given the two differences (while the simplest way could be 'Synonyms' I'm playing a more complex task at poking it), so that's my explanation for it.

...Now I'm really wanting to see that post, compared to the brief responses earlier.
It's like a trickling faucet. More comes the more it is pressured!

I always leave the line open.

PPE:

I feel hurt.
>__>
Really?
PFP

Very well.  You were giving advice, in a very "get to playing the game and answer the damn question" kind of way.  While I was giving advice on how to prepare and MastahCheese was directly instructing himm you approached it from a very blunt, this is how we play the game now play it kind of way, at least from my perspective.  THAT is why I pointed it out, though in admittedly poor wording.

Tiruin: I was told in my previous game, by one of the players who is modding this game and playing that one, that emotional comments will not turn good results.  You have included a fair few remarks grounded in emotion this game: is this just the way you play?
>_>
Addressing per piece.
1. I didn't intend to do the 'answer the damn question', with emphasis there-game. If you mean I intend to do so like the last two games, I was experimenting with formatting. I fail to see how you see assertion in my posts however. It is quite...interesting that your perspective is like it. Care to answer why?
While I was giving advice on how to prepare and MastahCheese was directly instructing himm you approached it from a very blunt, this is how we play the game now play it kind of way, at least from my perspective.
Wow. That's a nnice generalization! Care to quote those exact spots, compared to you and MC?

What relevance has that to your FoS, since you didn't state it?
I was told in my previous game, by one of the players who is modding this game and playing that one, that emotional comments will not turn good results.  You have included a fair few remarks grounded in emotion this game: is this just the way you play?
*looks at Nerjin*
You don't speak of other games while its still in play. Next, describe said emotional comments-because those are usually not related to the game (and..really. Emotional appeal being the intent? Damn me before that is sincerely my intent. I am disgusted at manipulative play, and do not like it when people assume such of me-however that is expected, hence me explaining it).

Lastly: Do quote those remarks grounded in emotion--what was your impression upon reading them?

Leafsnail: If I'm obviously scum, vote for me.  Why are you withholding your vote?  Also, read the line right before the vote count.
He said he'd post with the whole thing next.

And 3 new replies!
>_>

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 25, 2014, 09:42:47 pm »

Unvote.

What webadict promised us: That he wouldn't lie.  With that in mind, let's analyze the information we've been given.

1. There is a meteor coming.
2. Three students summoned that meteor.
3. NQT is Not Evil.
4. You will be told if you are evil (I misread that rule before, sorry for contradicting you 4maskwolf.  Doesn't actually affect my overall argument though)

Now, what things did he not tell us?  What things is webadict trying to make us think without actually explicitly stating them?

1. The meteor was summoned by evil students.
2. The goal of not Evil people is to eliminate evil people.
3. All people who are "not Evil" have the same alignment.
4. Evilness has some kind of link to alignment.

What's my conclusion?  It's that there's absolutely no reason to think that NQT is cleared of being someone we need to kill.  I'll go further - the fact that webadict is trying to imply that notquitethere is cleared while providing no direct statement that he is is incredibly suspicious and to me strongly suggests that he is a person we need to kill.  My original idea was that the three summoners are NQT, Nerjin and webadict, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

This is why I'm not voting you, by the way, 4maskwolf - I think you think that you're scum, but that you actually aren't.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 25, 2014, 09:45:56 pm »

Correction: 2. should read "Three people summoned that meteor."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2014, 09:53:30 pm »

Or, you know, third party.  Because a third party could just as legitimately ask this question as a scum. Or town without a clear win condition.  This is a bastard mod.
In case it isn't now obvious, I was trying to find out if other people had equally vague win conditions before making my case against NQT.

LeafSnail: The fact of the matter is that you seem to be thinking of this as a normal mafia game.  The description of a bastard mod says that you may not be told your win condition, meaning that someone who is a town power role, in a bastard mafia with standard roles, could not know whether or not they are actually town or if they are third party.
I'm not - I'm looking for the twist.  If a bastard mod promises not to lie then you should be looking at the unspoken implications they're making.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 25, 2014, 09:55:28 pm »

Nerjin/Webadict: Are anyone of the players teachers or something?
May we know the reason we were so kill-happy at...the lack of Dr. Web's not-arrival?

What are you talking about? Playing what? Is this a game to you? Have I not assigned enough homework?

I don't have enough info on anyone else for a post, except...
Wuba: A bastard mod.
I'm a history teacher, but I guess you went past that.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 25, 2014, 10:02:05 pm »

HALT
I've some words to say, Leafsnail-but am held up at the moment. Skimmed your post. Detected discrepancies.

Also...
Everyone: Do you think we should play this...literally? All responses made from Web are...literal. As in-context wise.
Do you think flavor plays a greater role here?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 112