Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 210298 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #585 on: January 28, 2014, 10:24:42 pm »

4maskwolf: Mind explaining?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 28, 2014, 10:28:27 pm »

Explaining my comment about the bastard mod?

We're all teenagers.  At least, I'm pretty sure.  Assuming that neither of you are lying, both you and RangerCado were told you were evil in the same way, and since all of us are teenagers as far as I know... the mod was playing a game with us.  The evil alignment, as far as I know, means nothing.  The fact that you were told you were evil means nothing, since you are merely "as evil as all teenagers are": which means that all of us are evil.

With that gone, all that is left is for us to actually figure out the puzzle...

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 28, 2014, 10:50:29 pm »

Unvote, and Extend. This is ridiculous!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 28, 2014, 10:50:57 pm »

With that gone, all that is left is for us to actually figure out the puzzle...

Currently, we have three ideas.

-Leafsnail says to "lynch" (we don't actually know what happens) NQT for appearing suspicious in general and because of hints from the mods in role descriptions and posts.

-NQT says to "lynch" the evil people (now invalid) and the meteor summoners (still possible). There is also another person whose goal is to get rid of the evil people, but I can't remember who. Mastahcheese maybe?

-I suggested that most of us have to find love in some way to win. (FYI, I am male.)

I'd go with Leafsnail's first (easy to check and probably has less bad consequences), NQT's second (we've found one summoner), and throw mine in somewhere depending on what we learn this evening and tomorrow morning.

Does anyone else have any other ideas for what our wincon actually is?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 28, 2014, 10:53:54 pm »

TheDarkStar:
I suspected him (as I have stated) and I wanted to make sure that he didn't have a dangerous item tonight in case the meteor summoners are the scum. I lost the gamble and got a worse-than-useless item.

At what point in the day was this?

Ranger:
Toaster: I do not know how to unsummon it, and have no clue who does. I might as well come clean about the item in that it prevented my vote from ever counting at the end of the day, and was stolen during the game day.

Then why doesn't TheDarkStar's vote count now?  TDS, if you have any input here I'm listening to you too.

Seeing what happens when a person has majority vote at day end may answer a few questions.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 28, 2014, 10:56:48 pm »

Toaster: The item gives you an fake vote. ie, it doesn't work at the end of the day vote count.
[/quote]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 28, 2014, 10:58:21 pm »

Except his vote explicitly did not appear on the vote count, and it's not day end yet.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 28, 2014, 11:01:49 pm »

...Then I have no idea, because I asked Wuba about it when I first got the item. perhaps someone is blocking him?
[/quote]

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 28, 2014, 11:03:10 pm »

TheDarkStar:
I suspected him (as I have stated) and I wanted to make sure that he didn't have a dangerous item tonight in case the meteor summoners are the scum. I lost the gamble and got a worse-than-useless item.

At what point in the day was this?

Ranger:
Toaster: I do not know how to unsummon it, and have no clue who does. I might as well come clean about the item in that it prevented my vote from ever counting at the end of the day, and was stolen during the game day.

Then why doesn't TheDarkStar's vote count now?  TDS, if you have any input here I'm listening to you too.

Seeing what happens when a person has majority vote at day end may answer a few questions.

1. It was a guess from earlier today (in-game today), before much happened, when Ranger claimed; I did voice my opinion, but much later:
Also, I'll FoS RangerCado in red for admitting to being a meteor summoner. I'm not sure what we need to do, but it's the only thing we've learned so far. I just hope he isn't a jester that kills us all upon death.
I expect makeinu will make the same scathing comments that he usually applies to vigilantes to me.

2. He's just misinterpreting what the item does. It basically says that you can't vote while holding the item (it's called the Cursed Staff of Earth). If he really did have a different item, I might have been targeted by someone else who has an applicable ability, but I don't think that is likely.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 28, 2014, 11:06:03 pm »

I expect makeinu will make the same scathing comments that he usually applies to vigilantes to me.

Why? Are you a Vigilante?
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 28, 2014, 11:07:26 pm »

TDS: Go ask Wuba. Ask if your vote will still show. I did, and he told me it would.
[/quote]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 28, 2014, 11:09:29 pm »

TDS: Go ask Wuba. Ask if your vote will still show. I did, and he told me it would.

You realize he tested it and it didn't, right?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 28, 2014, 11:10:39 pm »

Then why did my vote appear while I still had the item?
[/quote]

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 28, 2014, 11:11:42 pm »

MOWE
I plan on using my vote. I just want to figure out who I think it's best to vote for. As for right now, I have no clue. I'm wondering if lynching the summoners is what we have to do. Maybe we need to keep them around in order to make them work the counter spell or something. Maybe there's a certain thing we have to do to force them to. Maybe we're not lynching them, but forcing them to agree to destroy the meteor. I don't know.
Your uncertainty is understandable, but I really doubt that we're going to get any closer to an answer before we see the results of the first day and night, unless anyone plans to claim something. Do you have any secret insight on these matters?

Secret insight? I have virtually no insight at all.

I'm male, according to my role statement, and a poet. Not a flirt. A stupid love-struck poet who just wants to find his soulmate before the meteor hits. String implication therein that the meteor can't be stopped.

"End of the world" is clearly stated in the title. What if all we're supposed to do is fulfill each of our desires? Everyone has a desire right?

And I realized that I've never given you guys my background. I am a human sandwich, accidentally created by a horrible, horrible wizard. He made me, was invited out to lunch, tried to preserve me, and ended up turning me human. Apparently, my only desire is to become a sandwich again.

So... Yeah.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 28, 2014, 11:15:19 pm »

You realize he tested it and it didn't, right?

Technically, maybe not. He voted for himself. Then he voted for RangerCado, then changed that to an FoS (blue), before Wuba put up a vote board.

Self-voting may very we'll be disallowed, and so wouldn't have been counted. And FoS on a target may override a vote, or count as an unvote, or some such. We don't know, however, because he didn't let it stand long enough.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 112