Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 210295 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #600 on: January 28, 2014, 11:26:44 pm »

TheDarkStar, can you try again?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 28, 2014, 11:27:05 pm »

Make sure your vote is both red and bold.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 28, 2014, 11:33:32 pm »

-NQT says to "lynch" the evil people (now invalid) and the meteor summoners (still possible). There is also another person whose goal is to get rid of the evil people, but I can't remember who. Mastahcheese maybe?
Yeah, mine seems to suggest that my wincon is the defeat in some manner of the evil persons.

Actually, I'll go ahead and roleclaim.

I am the Witch Hunter, my power is basically that of the cop, in that I can inspect people's alignments. Due to the fact that all three evil people have admitted to being evil, and being a meteor summoner is not an alignment, but rather a role as RangerCado tells me, then my power has effectively become obsolete. In other words, I'm just a normal guy, now, that demands that evil be punished. Whoop de doo.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 28, 2014, 11:38:20 pm »

I wouldn't discount that as useless even still. We don't know what Wuba will come back with on an investigation.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 28, 2014, 11:43:07 pm »

I wouldn't discount that as useless even still. We don't know what Wuba will come back with on an investigation.
All it says is that it shows alignment, I can't think of what else it may give. Maybe if we keep RangerCado alive long enough for me to screen him(her, whatever) then we'll know for sure.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 29, 2014, 12:58:24 am »

I kindof like the "our aim is to find love" theory too, maybe a flavourclaim is in order.
PFP, reading up later: LS, know in advance that I put you under due suspicion for being tagged Evil, despite claiming it truthfully (seriously, 3 people-EXACTLY-claiming. Either they've all lied that there's a groupchat, and wincon is 'KILL THE EMPEROR!' [I am reminded by GlyphGryph's games wherein scum wanted the LEADER dead and not the town but bleeeh. Needs thought on it as the origin is silly-passing-thought. Given NQT's hilarious rise to power [Yeah, I'm jaded here, bear with it])

...In claiming my flavor, nothing is gained. As in, nothing. Seriously. >__> I don't even have any love background to share with you all!

Mastacheese: Evil appears to be my alignment, with the meteor summoning being part of the role itself... wait... FIRST STINKING LINE OF FLAVOR! I'm as evil as a normal teenager... DANGIT WUBA AND YOUR WORD PLAY!
But that makes no sense! I was a normal teenager and everything was fluffy cupcakes and rainbows (sans a horrible past clouded out by happier memories). Not all teenagers are evil!

Also, really? That's what you used to confirm being Evil?
Is it explicitly stated, that you're Evil? As in, the capital E?

Explaining my comment about the bastard mod?

We're all teenagers.  At least, I'm pretty sure.  Assuming that neither of you are lying, both you and RangerCado were told you were evil in the same way, and since all of us are teenagers as far as I know... the mod was playing a game with us.  The evil alignment, as far as I know, means nothing.  The fact that you were told you were evil means nothing, since you are merely "as evil as all teenagers are": which means that all of us are evil.

With that gone, all that is left is for us to actually figure out the puzzle...
Counterpoint: It's day 1, and we've yet to see what majority votes do..and why it needs a 'majority decision'..which does make sense in context (but that treats 'votes' as I SOLELY BELIEVE THIS SHOULD HAPPEN AND THUS IT IS MY WILL TO BELIEVE SO)...or stuff like that.
I don't have good memories of highschool stuffs to deliberate this correctly.

With that gone, all that is left is for us to actually figure out the puzzle...

Currently, we have three ideas.

[...]
-I suggested that most of us have to find love in some way to win. (FYI, I am male.)
I'll be silly and say that love isn't just kissy-kissy-hugs. :I
It's a HECK LOT DEEPER than that.
Mhmm!

But yeah, this is really an enigma.
Reading back.

Unvote, and Extend. This is ridiculous!
What are your thoughts, Cado?

I expect makeinu will make the same scathing comments that he usually applies to vigilantes to me.

Why? Are you a Vigilante?
Seriously? >:I
Don't you dare do that here. It hurt me a lot the first time you did so. *cuts chat because other game-talk*

MOWE
And I realized that I've never given you guys my background. I am a human sandwich, accidentally created by a horrible, horrible wizard. He made me, was invited out to lunch, tried to preserve me, and ended up turning me human. Apparently, my only desire is to become a sandwich again.

So... Yeah.
This had me in a fit of laughter.
Tell me, you look human right? But..just look human, but are bread and sandwich
ohgodsIhavetroubletypingthisfromlaughter

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 29, 2014, 01:01:12 am »

TDS: Go ask Wuba. Ask if your vote will still show. I did, and he told me it would.

You realize he tested it and it didn't, right?

Technically, maybe not. He voted for himself. Then he voted for RangerCado, then changed that to an FoS (blue), before Wuba put up a vote board.

Self-voting may very we'll be disallowed, and so wouldn't have been counted. And FoS on a target may override a vote, or count as an unvote, or some such. We don't know, however, because he didn't let it stand long enough.

Tiruin.

I doubt this but >_>

-NQT says to "lynch" the evil people (now invalid) and the meteor summoners (still possible). There is also another person whose goal is to get rid of the evil people, but I can't remember who. Mastahcheese maybe?
Yeah, mine seems to suggest that my wincon is the defeat in some manner of the evil persons.

Actually, I'll go ahead and roleclaim.

I am the Witch Hunter, my power is basically that of the cop, in that I can inspect people's alignments. Due to the fact that all three evil people have admitted to being evil, and being a meteor summoner is not an alignment, but rather a role as RangerCado tells me, then my power has effectively become obsolete. In other words, I'm just a normal guy, now, that demands that evil be punished. Whoop de doo.
Why hello Inquisitor/Van Helsing.

Err, why'd you claim when we're all speculating? If in the case that this is a real-case scenario of hidden/lying scum and totally confused town, this is a...detriment.

Also how do you inspect alignments? As in, did you ask what 'alignment' means?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 29, 2014, 03:23:42 am »

And I realized that I've never given you guys my background. I am a human sandwich, accidentally created by a horrible, horrible wizard. He made me, was invited out to lunch, tried to preserve me, and ended up turning me human. Apparently, my only desire is to become a sandwich again.

So... Yeah.

Too funny. o_o

This game gives me a headache. I can't yet figure out my wincon from the role I got. Everyone is apparently evil. Give the president a cake.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 29, 2014, 04:18:43 am »

Everyone
Are you a wizard?

Leafsnail
Do you have some form of Dissociative Identity Disorder?  The way you're swinging back and forth between "Well I don't have a wincon and I'm confused what we're meant to do in the game" and "KNEEL BEFORE MY ALMIGHTY CONFIRMED TOWNINESS YOU SCUM" is really odd.
Well, I don't have an explicit win-con, but given that Wuba and Nerjin in their infinite bloody wisdom have seen fit to give us little better to do, I've decided to just run with what seems the most likely goal, pending further information.

Incidentally, there are two claimed evil players other than me.  There are zero claimed "townie" players other than you.  What do you call a player when they're the only one of their alignment and vastly more knowledgable than everyone else?
Wuba also said that unless told otherwise, players are Not Evil, which hardly puts them in the same camp as you does it?

What makes you think I have an infinite vote ability? Your delusions multiply!
Because you seem to care about TDS's item.  And also it would fit your role.
I care about TDS's item preventing town players from voting: a vote is town's weapon etc. etc. Also. just because a power would 'fit my role' doesn't mean I have that power, that's absurd and you know it.

Reading back you're right that you didn't directly contradict yourself, but your behaviour makes no sense and that's what confused me.  Everyone should probably read this actually.[snipped a load of bullshit]
Confused terminology debates is not what I'm interested in in playing this game. Wuba has decided to obfuscate the terminology and has sown this confusion and that's all there is to it.

Cheese
Your goal appears to be to hunt down evil. How about you start with the players that have claimed to be evil?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 29, 2014, 04:57:33 am »

Everyone
Are you a wizard?
Magus.
Or to paint a better picture, I'm the one people love burning at the stake, along with serenades of my rolename being chanted with the media-depicting pitchforks and torches on a bright overcast day.

Are you a mage?
What do you think about our human sandwich?

Just thinking about your claim gets me in a fit of laughter. Thank you MOWE. >:I

Leafsnail
I thought we agreed on Cado. What makes LS different? (Other than the weird vibes I'm getting from both of you. :I)

What makes you think I have an infinite vote ability? Your delusions multiply!
Because you seem to care about TDS's item.  And also it would fit your role.
I care about TDS's item preventing town players from voting: a vote is town's weapon etc. etc. Also. just because a power would 'fit my role' doesn't mean I have that power, that's absurd and you know it.
One person, voting. That is if we can't agree--and is mostly only practical in scenes where the majority is all omgwhotovote. Disputed claims aside, I believe items can work when abilities are used--only inferring as I've nothing to base on but claimed items.

But points go to snips!
Also. just because a power would 'fit my role' doesn't mean I have that power, that's absurd and you know it.
"And you know it." That's a NQT subtle scumtell in my notebook. Why do you always (mostly often) pull that 'and you know it' thing out?

Confused terminology debates is not what I'm interested in in playing this game. Wuba has decided to obfuscate the terminology and has sown this confusion and that's all there is to it.
Yeah, and you're mad at him instead of deliberating it out with us instead? I see more pointy fingers at the mod(s) than an open mouth and a voiceful mind this game, from you.

That, and your initial point was a forward of scumminess-probable, towards me because I 'missed something'. I get the understanding/holistic reasoning but the origin of that viewpoint leads to suspicion.

An-whoo~
I believe you're not claiming the passive ability due to reasons-town? Unless your only ability is being an Innocent Child (everyone knows you're town and that's it).

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 29, 2014, 05:32:24 am »

Tiruin
Are you a mage?
I'm a President, but yeah, I can use magic if I want to.
What do you think about our human sandwich?
It's very odd, but believable. Reminiscent of the duck in Vector's game.

I thought we agreed on Cado. What makes LS different? (Other than the weird vibes I'm getting from both of you. :I)
You unvoted Cado to vote yourself, leaving me the only person voting Cado. I'd rather lynch Cado, but Leafsnail is more viable right now.

Also. just because a power would 'fit my role' doesn't mean I have that power, that's absurd and you know it.
"And you know it." That's a NQT subtle scumtell in my notebook. Why do you always (mostly often) pull that 'and you know it' thing out?
I'm trying to appeal to Leafsnail's sense of reasonableness. I want him to know that I know that he know's he's making a bad argument.

Yeah, and you're mad at him instead of deliberating it out with us instead? I see more pointy fingers at the mod(s) than an open mouth and a voiceful mind this game, from you.
I'm not mad at Leafsnail, he's just doing his job as my opponent in this game. I just can't be bothered with inane terminology discussion. It's fruitless. Leafsnail has decided to pretend to disbelieve me so that he can push a case to get me lynched (after all, we have opposing alignments), and other than pointing out his outright falsehoods, there's not much to be gained from tackling him point-by-tedious-point when he's always going to want me killed whatever I say.

That, and your initial point was a forward of scumminess-probable, towards me because I 'missed something'. I get the understanding/holistic reasoning but the origin of that viewpoint leads to suspicion.
What? I initially voted you for your inattentiveness, which has hardly improved as the game has proceeded. How's that suspicious? Or are you saying I was suspicious of you?

An-whoo~
I believe you're not claiming the passive ability due to reasons-town? Unless your only ability is being an Innocent Child (everyone knows you're town and that's it).
This is exactly what I've been saying all along, a fact that other players like makeinu haven't found difficult to grasp. I have no other power than being confirmed not evil.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 29, 2014, 05:50:08 am »

It's very odd, but believable. Reminiscent of the duck in Vector's game.
Touche. :I

..How?

You unvoted Cado to vote yourself, leaving me the only person voting Cado. I'd rather lynch Cado, but Leafsnail is more viable right now.
Due to...being Evil?

What? I initially voted you for your inattentiveness, which has hardly improved as the game has proceeded. How's that suspicious? Or are you saying I was suspicious of you?
Really now? Explain the bolded part.
On the next question-you made a declaring statement. A negative statement instead of a generally neutral one.
This doesn't necessarily mean you're scum
...+ emphasis.
Inattentiveness is, shamefully, both my characteristic when town and scum-with differences in between (but I leave that to you to decide). It does not mark someone as scum, per se. To bring up another game: Remember Worse Things? Yeah. I also did your 'point': I mistook loyalist = town.

This is exactly what I've been saying all along, a fact that other players like makeinu haven't found difficult to grasp. I have no other power than being confirmed not evil.
This makes a lot of sense, and both optimist and pessimist look at it in cautious consideration.
Thank you for your participation.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 29, 2014, 06:06:08 am »

NQT, your arguments get more nonsensical and ridiculous as the game goes on. Tiruin has been far more attentive than most other people, and the I find it suspect that you have only one ability. Something about what you are saying just isn't right.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 29, 2014, 06:17:36 am »

Yeah, that vibe..BUT, I'm unsure whether its really malice or not on NQT :X
[...]I find it suspect that you have only one ability[...]
That ability thing? I've one too, and by that I mean 'I have one, too.' Only one. And it has weird level increments, but I believe its tied in with my background so +fluff!

Theoretically both passive and active, but you'll have to find out. :3

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 29, 2014, 06:44:52 am »

Tiruin
..How?
By learning it in magic classes.

Due to...being Evil?
Well, he's Evil and so someone I want to vote for, but by 'viable' I mean, 'more likely to be successfully lynched'.

Really now? Explain the bolded part.
You didn't seem to understand my role ability claim despite multiple explanations, and you had to have people's claims (like Darkstar's information about my bribes) pointed out to you.

Wolf
NQT, your arguments get more nonsensical and ridiculous as the game goes on. Tiruin has been far more attentive than most other people, and the I find it suspect that you have only one ability. Something about what you are saying just isn't right.
That Tiruin has been more attentive than most people is a sorry indication of the quality of players in this game. You see not to have noticed that my vote against Tiruin's inattentiveness was made at the beginning of the game. Are you saying that you have more than one ability? I wish I did too, but I don't. Do you really want Smstr to be remembered as That Game Where Everyone Lynched The Confirmed Town Player? Because that's where you're pushing it. Do you really think I'm the best lynch candidate?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 112