Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 210297 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #675 on: January 29, 2014, 07:10:04 pm »

I have absolutely no idea what is going on anymore.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 29, 2014, 07:16:13 pm »

That statement implies that you once did know what was going on. :P
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 29, 2014, 07:57:30 pm »

Leafsnail:

Is it your contention, then, that rather than Innocent Child, NQT is actually a Miller?
No.  That is pretty much the exact opposite of what I am saying.

It depends on your perspective.  I think NQT legitimately is an Innocent Child - that is, a town player who was called town at the start of the game.  webadict didn't lie to us.  It's just that none of the rest of us (or at least, almost none of the rest of us) are town, therefore he is effectively scum to the majority of players in this game.

One of webadict's old bastard games had a similar twist, although in that one the townie wasn't declared to be one at the start of the game.

I'll explain why it has to wait until tomorrow, tomorrow. You'll understand then.
Translation: "I have an advanced doppelganger type ability"

I'll explain why it has to wait until tomorrow, tomorrow. You'll understand then.
Bullshit.  Earlier you said that you had fully claimed your role.

NQT:  So you're not an Advanced Dopp or anything like that?
Either that or some kind of Cult Leader.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 29, 2014, 08:02:01 pm »

I am honestly amazed that anyone is falling for NQT's lie.  The idea that there exists hidden information that will somehow cause something bad to happen if one so much as hints at it is unlikely.  The idea that a legitimate townie (that is, a member of the uninformed majority) would have exclusive access to this information is completely and utterly laughable.

By claiming to have access to this information NQT is basically claiming to be true scum, regardless of whether his alignment technically lines up with that of a townie.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 29, 2014, 08:15:11 pm »

Extend.

An entertaining exercise: imagine that NQT is town.  Try to imagine what information could cause him to behave in this way.  I'll go first.

If you get lynched on day one the world will explode because ???.  The world will also explode if you make any kind of direct hint towards the fact that the world will explode if you are lynched day one (but you can replace the thing about worlds exploding with a generic "bad thing" and that will be ok).  The world exploding will be a bad thing for all non-evil players, who by the way are the majority in this game.

On day two this restriction is lifted and you will be allowed to talk about the world exploding if you are lynched on day one, and also the world will no longer explode if you are lynched.  Again you can talk about this but if you mention any specifics about the world exploding the world will explode.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 29, 2014, 08:17:46 pm »

You are a Confirmed Townie and Day One Anti-Jester

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 29, 2014, 08:20:21 pm »

I agree with LeafSnail.  A jester tried to pull a very similar thing in the game "kill webadict now": claiming that he had some ability in his role that would mean that killing webadict was a bad idea until he was lynched.  The gambit didn't work, and he lost the game when the town won, but the morale of the story is thus: when someone claims that they have some horrible ability that you really don't or do want to lynch them because of, be wary unless you're playing a BYOR with the wall of flesh.

PPE:
You are an innocent child type mage.  However, there is something extra special and bad that will happen if you are lynched day one, but I won't tell you what it is, so have fun!

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 29, 2014, 08:24:06 pm »

Awesome!

Now I wanna lynch him just to see what happens!!
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 29, 2014, 08:30:43 pm »

I think NQT can be a derp who likes to claim stuff on D1 for no real good reason.  See:  Magic Mafia.  I'll be first in line to lynch him D2 if he doesn't come fully forward with all sorts of information.

Also, Leafsnail, if all he had to do was survive the night, why would he claim so much outrageous hoopla?  Ranger easily could have been lynched without him going crazy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 29, 2014, 09:50:07 pm »

Extend.

An entertaining exercise: imagine that NQT is town.  Try to imagine what information could cause him to behave in this way.  I'll go first.

If you get lynched on day one the world will explode because ???.  The world will also explode if you make any kind of direct hint towards the fact that the world will explode if you are lynched day one (but you can replace the thing about worlds exploding with a generic "bad thing" and that will be ok).  The world exploding will be a bad thing for all non-evil players, who by the way are the majority in this game.

On day two this restriction is lifted and you will be allowed to talk about the world exploding if you are lynched on day one, and also the world will no longer explode if you are lynched.  Again you can talk about this but if you mention any specifics about the world exploding the world will explode.
OBJECTION!

I raise a valid counterpoint to alleviate this amount of certainty.

1. This is a linear scenario that would only happen in certain cases. It would not be a semi-bastard if such conclusions were to be drawn, as the consequences would be too high to validate a general case formed during the first darn day.
2. ...The silliness is paramount to destroying the laws of physics. Basing details on my role-even IF I'm a mage, my powers are restrained by the laws of physics and reality--I had to go to darn medical school then engineering to get this passive/active power. :I
3. Basis lies in NQT's actions - he did that before as town (and with silliness abundant in how in the world this makes sense.

Counter proposal to Ranger-lynch:
What I assume y'all are gunning for him for are these raisins:
> Lynch someone who calls out meteor summoner. He has also claimed Evil (in context: stated the clause "all teenagers are evil" thereby convincing him that he was [initially mistaken for] Evil).

Why I resume my proposal at a Leafsnail/TDS variant:
> ...If an either-case follows, the majority vote (instead of the term 'lynch') on Leafsnail or TDS--and if confirmed they are meteor summoners via flip (wherein I DO DARN HOPE there are roleflips :I)--then it goes to follow that All Evil Claimants are meteor summoners.
If they aren't evil-we have a sure lead to follow the next day, discarding whatever night item/actions everyone else has as a generality. RangerCado.
Next are some refutable points on Leafsnail--I see points being measured, angled and drawn against NQT, though I do have the feeling on him that there are some points not being directly addressed. My partial reads have drawn to a point on Leafsnail:

A. Metaknowledge. Bastard games are not won by directly pulling knowledge from other games, and imputing the notion of 'It could happen here!' as a standing point! They are used as guidelines, but not for concise and clear judgement!

To not cause any hilarity in this process, Leafsnail: What are your thoughts on TDS and RangerCado? Why are you poking so focusedly at NQT?

Counterpoint on why NQT behaves that way: It's a quirk(?) of his in living. It would be too far to profess that he's shoving WIFOM due to his action, in how obstinate he said it-and how bold he was being. While I'd not include the emotional aspect; my kind of information also leans on that being an affector to his behavior earlier--lacking motivation.

I do not know how, or why NQT behaves that way nor can I give a rational reason why he's doing so. However I can base on past experiences. NQT: Remember that game wherein you had powers to make two people lovers and such-such? The game where you trickled claims per day in and day out? Could you explain why you 'tout' or better yet, push forward the notion that letting you live, with the promise of information, is a 'good thing' for you?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 29, 2014, 09:54:49 pm »

Oh, and on the context of it being guessing NQT out-I regard that as futile..but it also won't make sense if he's trapped scum unless he does have some kind of diversion tactic (ie lightning rod > another person on all actions to me tonight).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 29, 2014, 09:57:12 pm »

However an in-game context does lead to few things: We use some kinda interrogation spell to check who filled the blasted sky outside with yon meteor, or we contact the teacher and let him do the job.

I mean, juvenile magickery isn't punishable by law. I blame the other people outside and school administration for keeping such tomes in the non-censored section. :I

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 29, 2014, 10:09:51 pm »

NQT: why don't you tell us the details of what you are hiding from us.  You claimed to have only one ability, but now you say that there is something we have to keep you alive for, and your only arguments against being lynched have been "I'm confirmed town" and "Is this really going to go down as that game where confirmed town was lynched day one".

Basically, tell us what you know/suspect.  Playing the "saving it for later" card doesn't have much influence.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 29, 2014, 10:22:33 pm »

Basically, tell us what you know/suspect.  Playing the "saving it for later" card doesn't have much influence.
Especially when you're an Innocent Child.

Sorry just couldn't help myself.

Hapah/Caz
Get in the game guys. Or at least say which parts you're confused by. :P

Because while the consensus of now points to exacts along with who-is-whos, I'm fairly doubting that the whole darn scumteam did their act as fullclaiming.

Though it is considerable that the notion of 'Evil' stands out due to the mechanics and naming. What purpose would it serve by that?
We know TDS hates NQT and is considered..evil because he knew the money makes the government (and thought evil teenager.)
I can't find any note on Leafsnail (or am blind :X)
And Cado represents one seeking for love, and also participated in the summoning.

TDS/Leafsnail are claimed wizards/magi.
Cado is not. (Semantics, maybe? Witch =/= Wizard.)

What can you do, RangerCado?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 29, 2014, 10:34:21 pm »

Who exactly is a wizard of some kind.  I am a mage, as I mentioned earlier, Tiruin is a mage, Leaf is a mage, TDS is a mage.  That's all I remember off of the top of my head.  Makeinu may have mentioned mage somewhere, but I don't remember.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 112