Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 210305 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Slction
« Reply #735 on: January 30, 2014, 09:44:47 am »

webadict: Do you deal in half lies-as in, is it correct to assume that you're still withholding information in things you deem as 'the truth'?
Well, I clearly can't tell you EVERYTHING.

But, if you want, I might answer a question.
how can I get cooler magic? :v
I thought you said you liked your magic?

Also, practice makes perfect.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 30, 2014, 09:52:20 am »

Okay everyone, it's time to just choose a target. Not because of the length, but because of the amount of useless guessing and speculation that is going on here. We need a day and night cycle to tell us more information at this point: I don't think anything more can be gained by just poking the mods. unvote, and I'll have a decision by the end of the day west coast of America time.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 30, 2014, 10:40:26 am »

Basically, tell us what you know/suspect.  Playing the "saving it for later" card doesn't have much influence.
Especially when you're an Innocent Child.

Sorry just couldn't help myself.

Hapah/Caz
Get in the game guys. Or at least say which parts you're confused by. :P

Because while the consensus of now points to exacts along with who-is-whos, I'm fairly doubting that the whole darn scumteam did their act as fullclaiming.

Though it is considerable that the notion of 'Evil' stands out due to the mechanics and naming. What purpose would it serve by that?
We know TDS hates NQT and is considered..evil because he knew the money makes the government (and thought evil teenager.)
I can't find any note on Leafsnail (or am blind :X)
And Cado represents one seeking for love, and also participated in the summoning.

TDS/Leafsnail are claimed wizards/magi.
Cado is not. (Semantics, maybe? Witch =/= Wizard.)

What can you do, RangerCado?
I had an item that I could give to someone the next day to prevent their vote from counting... thats really it... Unless I have some hidden passive, I can't do much.

Tiruin: are you trying to get the highest post count in order to fit the profile discussed in the first couple pages here?  Which, of note, was an observation made by the very person who is now confirmed town.  Are you trying to ingratiate yourself? Some of your posts contain little to no content related to the playing of the game and are often double or even triple posts.

All non-mods: Is that how Tiruin normally plays?  With a large number of posts, often put up one right after the other?

Makeinu: You, too, have posted quite a few short posts exactly like that one.  While I admit to being guilty of this myself, why would an experienced player such as yourself do so without also adding something to either scumhunting or the puzzlesolving?

Everyone non-mod OOC: For my own personal development as a mafia player, would this be considered acceptable scumhunting in a non-bastard-mod game?
This is how Tiruin plays from my games with her, though the elevated post count could also be due too it being a B. Mod. And I think your doing a lot better than my first game.

Short version: if I die today, disaster may befall the town but I can't safely explain until Day 2, so we're going to lynch Ranger, who's claimed to be an evil meteor summoner.
And 'evil' meteor summoner who wants to find love, doesn't have a team, and may not be evil at all! ...Could Wuba be Mr. Filch in disguise?

I still don't trust NQT in this.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #738 on: January 30, 2014, 12:02:32 pm »

Makeinu
Now I wanna lynch him just to see what happens!!
It won't be good for Team Not Evil.

Caz
Why are you still voting me?

NQT has been the only one to threaten us so far, so she is the #1 candidate imo.
What? I'm not threatening you! I'm saying that if I'm killed today, the chances of disaster befalling Team Evil rise considerably and that there's a very good reason for this, which I'll explain tomorrow.

Well. That's an ... interesting ... slip there, NQT. Care to clarify?
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 30, 2014, 12:21:19 pm »

Hah, nice spot! It's just an unfortunate error resulting from revising the structure of my sentences and not properly proof-reading before posting. My original phrasing revolved around the chances of Team Evil prevailing. If I'm killed today, the chances of disaster befalling Team Not Evil rise considerably. You'll understand what I'm on about and why I'm telling the truth tomorrow.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 30, 2014, 02:27:53 pm »

So that pretty much confirms TDS can't vote right now.  Good to know.

Makeinu:
Man, this just keeps cropping up Beatle's jokes!

*twitch*

mastahcheese:
I am the Witch Hunter, my power is basically that of the cop, in that I can inspect people's alignments. Due to the fact that all three evil people have admitted to being evil, and being a meteor summoner is not an alignment, but rather a role as RangerCado tells me, then my power has effectively become obsolete. In other words, I'm just a normal guy, now, that demands that evil be punished. Whoop de doo.

I disagree.  Finding out what you get as a result and comparing it to what people claim will be useful.

4mask:
All non-mods: Is that how Tiruin normally plays?  With a large number of posts, often put up one right after the other?

Yeeep.

NQT:  Building on Tiruin's question where she referenced Magic Mafia and your trickle claim there, how do we know you won't open D2 with another "I LIED" like you did so often in that past game?

Also, since you claim to know a lot, you should be able to at least answer THIS question:  Do we need to be puzzle solving or traditional scum hunting as a primary focus?

Tiruin:
My suspicion on you rises by 1d6.

This is an extremely vague statement.

Everyone (except Nerjin/Web): So, notes on why Cado is better than LS/TDS again, please?

Cado is evil AND a meteor summoner.  Testing two things at once!

It might be time for a flavor/suspected wincon claim, but perhaps not yet.  I'm still going to collect what we have.

Quote from: Flavor Claims
TheDarkStar: Male Evil wizard, lost class president election.  Glad meteor is summoned.  Stole Ranger's no-vote staff.  Last prom date was a piece of pie.
mastahcheese: Inquisitor/Witch Hunter.  Is a teenager.  Can inspect "alignment."
4maskwolf: Fire mage, can destroy items, has invisibility cloak
Leafsnail: Evil Wizard
HissihnWalnuts: Bratty vampire teenage girl. has an item.
Caz: Appears to have a portable hole.
MyOwnWorstEnemy: Sandwich turned into a human.  Has an item that is supposedly great for him and useless for everyone else.
RangerCado: Female Evil Meteor Summoner.  Had a no-vote staff.  Has hate for not finding love.
Tiruin: Male Level 1 Mage (Nerd?).  Happy meteor exists.
Hapah:
Toaster:
notquitethere: Female Class President, "Town".  Bribed way into office by virtue of being rich.
makeinu: Male love-struck poet. Knows meteor cannot be stopped, something about thwarted true love.  Not a wizard, but has a spell and item.

Quote from: Claimed possible wincons
TheDarkStar: None known
mastahcheese: Hunt Evil
4maskwolf: None known
Leafsnail: "Kinda"
HissihnWalnuts: None known
Caz:
MyOwnWorstEnemy: Become a sandwich again.
RangerCado: Still looking for love?
Tiruin: None known
Hapah: "Not explicitly stated" - maybe something to do with items?
Toaster: Unclaimed possible wincon
notquitethere: None known
makeinu: Wants to find true love before meteor hits.

"None known" in this context means the player has claimed they have no idea what their wincon is.

Quote from: Notable things in flavor that aren't claimed
Machine/computer asking for Warmnumnum.exe
Flirt
Nerd (Unless is Tiruin)
A crown
Two other meteor summoners (At least)

Is that all correct?  Did I miss anything?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 30, 2014, 03:41:28 pm »

So that pretty much confirms TDS can't vote right now.  Good to know.

Makeinu:
Man, this just keeps cropping up Beatle's jokes!

*twitch*

I caught that literally the instant I hit "Post"...

Tiruin:
My suspicion on you rises by 1d6.

This is an extremely vague statement.

Arbitrary, nay, random, even.

In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 30, 2014, 05:04:53 pm »

4maskwolf
Every non-mod: does anyone have a firm idea of what their wincon is, because I have no idea.
I think mine is to defeat evil.

Tiruin
Mr. Mozarella
-snip my quote-
That's actually the name of my ability (with roots in the name so...)-which doesn't make sense in that said ability works just like it normally works!
And everything else is fulff! Fulff!
I mean really-the best I can infer is to stick t-..

Guys, I believe the Not Evil already has an (implied) wincon. What do Not-Evil people do when a meteor--or a danger presents itself?
Run like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one? Seek shelter?

Everyone (except Nerjin/Web): So, notes on why Cado is better than LS/TDS again, please?
I have no idea, apparently it's supposed to give us more information, but I'm not entirely convinced.

notquitethere
Cheese
And do you have no other comments about me? Why do you keep trying to drag me into your lynch frenzy?
[1]Ugh, we're on the same side here. You want to defeat Evil, so do I. I can't see why you're not voting one of the players that has actually claimed to be evil.
Dude, chill.
Don't start shaming people, that's not right.
[2]I'm chilled, I just know it's town's duty to ensure their fellow players don't make idiotic decisions.
Because I have a normal wincon! I need to defeat the scum, like a normal freaking game!
That means you guys don't.
[3]Perhaps, but I'm not entirely sure. The OP seems to indicate that we should all be hunting for meteor summoners.
That would likely equate to 3 people who can't complete their own wincons, and I don't want to be greedy, so I'm fine with not smiting evil right now.
[4]That's very magnanimous of you but I don't think that's entirely conducive to your wincon as you understand it.
NQT seems to be pressing for a KILL SCUM NAO tactic, and I don't like it, particularly when you take into account his whole IF I DIE YOU ALL SO SCREWED YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW thing. I don't like it.
[5]I'll explain in full tomorrow. You don't have to like my methods, but I'm telling you categorically that it's in your interests most of all given your wincon.
[1] Because I think there is more too it than just "I need to kill evil, look, he's evil, I'll kill him."
[2] I wouldn't call them "idiotic", they're trying to think about this situation from as many sides as possible, I'm sorry that it's not like you, who seems to have it all figured out,  but to the rest of us, myself included, you aren't taking enough sides into account. You're too one-sided.
[3] Hmm, does it really? I know it seems that way, but can you think of anything else we could need to do instead?
[4] How so? I don't understand this. Also take into account that I'm not particularly all that uppity about "winning", per say. Losing is fun.
[5] That's why I'm not voting you, right now. If it turns out you're lying, then I can guarantee, I won't stop anyone from getting rid of you. But until then, I'll let you do your thing.

Toaster
That looks about right, at least from my perspective.

4Mask, also everyone else (mods not withstanding)
I agree that we do need to focus on a target. I'll try to write up a summery of why we should target anyone in particular.

TheDarkStar: He's evil, he's a wizard.
mastahcheese: I can't think of any reason killing me would give us anything, but whatever.
4maskwolf: Is a wizard, I would actually advise not killing, since his ability to burn bad items could help.
Leafsnail: He's evil, he's a wizard, he's attacking NQT.
HissihnWalnuts: I can't think of any reason.
Caz: No real reason, to me.
MyOwnWorstEnemy: No reason at all, to me.
RangerCado: Evil, and a meteor summoner.
Tiruin: Is wizard, likes the meteor. Can't think of good reason.
Hapah: No idea.
Toaster: Also no idea.
notquitethere: The "confirmed townie", doomsday claimer.
makeinu: He knows the meteor can't be stopped.

Which basically shortens down to these 4 people.

TheDarkStar: He's evil, he's a wizard.
Leafsnail: He's evil, he's a wizard, he's attacking NQT.
RangerCado: Evil, and a meteor summoner.
notquitethere: The "confirmed townie", doomsday claimer.

The three "Evil", and the "Good".
So, which one do we target? AND ALSO, who do I target?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 30, 2014, 06:03:51 pm »

PFP

Are pre-teens good?  Or evil?  Or something in between?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 30, 2014, 06:31:15 pm »

I think that's too the mods. So I'm gonna go ahead an answer it:

Spoiler: The answer (click to show/hide)
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 30, 2014, 07:28:36 pm »

Can you provid an answr to ach individual qustion?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 30, 2014, 07:30:36 pm »

Can you provid an answr to ach individual qustion?
Spoiler: Yes (click to show/hide)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 30, 2014, 07:49:43 pm »

Well, Nerjin:

I think that's too the mods. So I'm gonna go ahead an answer it:

Spoiler: The answer (click to show/hide)

Answered like a statistician! It also shows why you you don't ask mods questions in this game and expect a useful answer.

My attempt: Dr. Nerjin:Are pre-teens as evil as normal teenagers?

NQT:

I'll explain why it has to wait until tomorrow, tomorrow. You'll understand then.
Earlier you said that you had fully claimed your role.
And I did. You'll understand tomorrow.

NQT:  So you're not an Advanced Dopp or anything like that?
Either that or some kind of Cult Leader.
If there's a tracker or ability-cop in the game, they're welcome to confirm that this isn't the case.

I am honestly amazed that anyone is falling for NQT's lie.  The idea that there exists hidden information that will somehow cause something bad to happen if one so much as hints at it is unlikely.  The idea that a legitimate townie (that is, a member of the uninformed majority) would have exclusive access to this information is completely and utterly laughable.

By claiming to have access to this information NQT is basically claiming to be true scum, regardless of whether his alignment technically lines up with that of a townie.
Nonsense. I just don't want to undermine town's chances by giving too much information to Team Evil right now. It'll be safe to do so tomorrow and you'll all understand why a legitimate townie has access to this information.

You are a Confirmed Townie and Day One Anti-Jester
Half right. I'm just a confirmed townie and that's all. I'll explain all on Day 2.

I agree with LeafSnail.  A jester tried to pull a very similar thing in the game "kill webadict now": claiming that he had some ability in his role that would mean that killing webadict was a bad idea until he was lynched.  The gambit didn't work, and he lost the game when the town won, but the morale of the story is thus: when someone claims that they have some horrible ability that you really don't or do want to lynch them because of, be wary unless you're playing a BYOR with the wall of flesh.
Did I say ability? You're making false assumptions. If this was a jester gambit it'd be pretty idiotic.

NQT: why don't you tell us the details of what you are hiding from us.  You claimed to have only one ability, but now you say that there is something we have to keep you alive for, and your only arguments against being lynched have been "I'm confirmed town" and "Is this really going to go down as that game where confirmed town was lynched day one".

Basically, tell us what you know/suspect.  Playing the "saving it for later" card doesn't have much influence.
Have you been listening to a word I've said? If I tell you now it'll be as good as letting the bad thing happen! It has to wait until tomorrow. If I say now, then the forces of Evil will have information they can use in the night that will benefit them but not us.

Every non-mod: does anyone have a firm idea of what their wincon is, because I have no idea.
Vaguely, yes. I know one thing that may cause me to lose (the Very Bad Thing), but I don't know what will cause me to win but right now I assume that eliminating the possibility of the Bad Thing coming about is a good way to go about.

Hapah
I have absolutely no idea what is going on anymore.
Short version: if I die today, disaster may befall the town but I can't safely explain until Day 2, so we're going to lynch Ranger, who's claimed to be an evil meteor summoner.

Makeinu
Now I wanna lynch him just to see what happens!!
It won't be good for Team Not Evil.

NQT has been the only one to threaten us so far, so she is the #1 candidate imo.
What? I'm not threatening you! I'm saying that if I'm killed today, the chances of disaster befalling Team Evil rise considerably and that there's a very good reason for this, which I'll explain tomorrow.
I'll explain in full tomorrow. You don't have to like my methods, but I'm telling you categorically that it's in your interests most of all given your wincon.

-multiple other replies to the same questions with the same answers-

There's a lot here that bugs me. Why can't you explain? What can you tell us about it? There are most likely things that you can tell us that will convince us, but you don't. I'm guessing that something in your role description involves either surviving and being lynched day 2 or later or an ability that will help you starting day 2. Could you please explain, and also explain why it was necessary to bring attention to that fact that you needed to live? It's simply suspicious to say that under no conditions must you be lynched today while you are "confirmed" Not Evil anyway.

The most likely one of the above scenarios is that you are a jester. You'll probably say something like "Well, it didn't happen". You have also said that lynching you in the future is fine, but just not today. Possibly, you are a (to borrow the term) a "muggle" that is depressed because you are with wizards who can do things you can't. You've already said that you have no other abilities.

The next most likely thing is that there is actually something going on (I'll get to that later with some questions).

The least likely thing is an ability that only works starting day 2. This is unlikely, since you're been claiming otherwise, unless you are a meteor summoner (which doesn't seem likely).

Questions about the "very bad thing" (20 questions time!):

Does it involve people dying?

Would the town be helped if they knew it?

Is it a scum ability?

Does it involve roles?

Does it involve identities?

Does it involve genders?

Does it involve wincons?

Why do you not care about being lynched after tonight? Will it be revealed to the town tomorrow?

Would the scum possibly know this already but not realize that you know it?

Answer what you can and see if you can give a more convincing argument that prevents you from being a jester.

(OOC) 4maskwolf:

Everyone non-mod OOC: For my own personal development as a mafia player, would this be considered acceptable scumhunting?

Not really. If someone seems scummy, say things to get them to reveal more. Be confident in your scumhunting. Also, make sure you read people's posts thoroughly; make sure to check for slips and contradictions to what has been said before.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 30, 2014, 08:20:34 pm »

Dr. Nerjin is not in the room with the students and, therefor, cannot be questioned by them. Please direct questions to either the mods or other players.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 30, 2014, 08:23:50 pm »

Dr. Nerjin is not in the room with the students and, therefor, cannot be questioned by them. Please direct questions to either the mods or other players.

Ok. Mods: Are pre-teens as evil as normal teenagers?

Seriously, this is supposed to be a school, and yet it's impossible to learn anything!
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 112