Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 207792 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 3
« Reply #1245 on: March 11, 2014, 08:48:51 am »

Tiruin,

I apologize for saying you are full of shit.  Please strike that part of my post for the record.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 11, 2014, 08:51:57 am »

I don't know where to begin striking it out.  :-\

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 11, 2014, 11:02:48 am »

Just a few thoughts before I head to school.

I doubt that lynching a claimed evil person is going to give us the information we're hoping for. If they were a conventional scumteam, why would all three evil players claim if lynching one of them told us we needed to lynch the others?

That said, we might as well lynch one anyway if we have no better leads.

Makeinu:
Au contraire. I'm pretty certain I know my wincon, and reasonably sure how to achieve it after lat night. Actually doing so is another matter entirely, however.

Tell meeeeee? <333

Paraphrasing, naturally. I must find my true love before the meteor hits. I have a love spell that can either be interrupted or works only on said true love, who must be female. I used it last night, but was interrupted by "a noise", and the spell failed. Notably, in the interest of full disclosure, I targeted RangerCado last night. I suspect the noise that spoiled my spell was mastahcheese's snooping, so I don't know exactly what that means with regards to my spell.

My role statement strongly implies, as well, that the meteor cannot be stopped. Take that for what it's worth, about 3cents, I'll warrant.
1. Do you know what happens to your lover if you fulfill this?

2. How does it imply that the meteor cannot be stopped? I know for certain that it can.

Toaster:
Turns out Nerjin just informed me that my wincon is actually an EXTRA wincon, and I am in fact, still town.  I just may or may not leave the game if I can eat some warm num nums.
You have a town wincon? Nobody else has claimed a town wincon. What exactly is it?

Also, I remember vaguely from reading through the game before I replaced in that there were a few posts of yours that made me really suspicious of you, but I can't find them now. Maybe it was a different game.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Night 2
« Reply #1248 on: March 11, 2014, 11:12:53 am »

Toaster:
My wincon is to use the Sandwich or Grilled Sandwich item.  If someone sends it to me, I'll happily use it and leave the game.   I suspect MOWE is involved somehow, but I don't know how.  I also rather suspect that items are involved in the wincons of many people.  If we massclaim we can probably get many people to win.
Maybe when I become a sandwich, I become an item? If that's true, there must be two ways for me to become a sandwich.

On Massclaim:
There are a few things I realize I haven't said actually. I want to be a sandwich again. I assume this is my wincon and I haven't used my question for Nerjin yet. D1 I started with the sword that gave me the ability to watch someone at night and kill them if they took any aggressive actions. I gave it to mastahcheese N1 after watching Leafsnail, who did nothing. Or at least nothing I could see. I received no item after that and currently have no item.

Tiruin:
Everyone: Who started with an item and how many did you start with if Yes? If one starts with more than 1 item, then it gives strength to this item-win theory running about. Also I've a magical-tag on my ability. Any notes on that?
I started with one single item.

Also... if it's possible can I have the book? I might be able to turn myself into a sandwich.

Wolf:
Everyone: Who knows their wincon and what is it?
Mine "has something to do with scum".

Your guess is as good as mine.

Nerjin: I go over and open the window.

Also, votecount, I need to see where everything is.

Also also, Tiruin, has anyone ever told you that you're rather frightening when you're mad?
The bolded part. Also, I'm going to going to say that since Toaster does not need the sandwich to win, TDS FOR !!SCIENCE!!
Uh... Sandwich might need to be sandwich to win...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 11, 2014, 12:15:43 pm »

TheWetSheep:
Turns out Nerjin just informed me that my wincon is actually an EXTRA wincon, and I am in fact, still town.  I just may or may not leave the game if I can eat some warm num nums.
You have a town wincon? Nobody else has claimed a town wincon. What exactly is it?

I don't know, actually!  Per the PM, I win with the town.  No further details than that, so I can't help you there.  I am, however, willing to bet that most of these alternate wincons are exactly like that- the player wins that way OR their more traditional wincon.

If I had to pick between evil or summoner being scum, my gut tells me it's summoners.  This is, again, why I want to see Ranger hang.  I expect the flavor of his lynch to be enlightening.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: March 11, 2014, 02:06:22 pm »

Keep in mind that editing your posts is NOT allowed without mod permission. If you need to eliminate something you said PM me first. I trust that what was edited was something that shouldn't have been posted when one is in a... down mood. Keep in mind that anyone editing a post without my express permission from this point will be mod-killed on the spot.

Also, if this starts to turn into a <quote> "Verbal slugging match"<endquote> I will mod-kill the offending players. I will give a warning however starting from this point on. Remember guys, we're all friends here right? We're playing this for fun. If you have a personal problem with another player feel free to PM them to discuss it out of game.

To make this a bit more tolerable a post here's a funny joke I heard today:

What do you call two hippopotami?
[beat]
A hippopatamus!
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 11, 2014, 04:01:24 pm »

Right here.
I expected more from you, Toaster--if TDS does for some reason not flip Summoner, you're up next.

This is odd. You're trying to get even more people lynched after I don't flip summoner (which I won't, and I suspect you know that). It simply seems scummy that anyone who points out flaws in your arguments is instantly scum.

However, I am moving my vote to RangerCado for reasons I mentioned on Day 1 (he's also scummy) and because voting for you will go nowhere.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 11, 2014, 06:20:52 pm »

[...]after I don't flip summoner (which I won't, and I suspect you know that).
Dude, stop insinuating there. It's gotten far past the boundary of logic and is now quite annoying.

Why, you ask?
This is odd. You're trying to get even more people lynched [...]
Hey bud. You say this as if its a bad thing. As if there's something wrong with stating this kind of statement.
Justify this by giving another approach rather than mudsling. Why?

Guess what scumhunting is?

Given the context of what Toaster put down, he, and most probably you miss the fact that I've been leading on Leafsnail back there for an elongated amount of time.

It simply seems scummy that anyone who points out flaws in your arguments is instantly scum.
You say 'scum' instead of 'scummy'.
You've an interesting way of wording things.
Oh, and I asked you many, many things back there. Please don't put my typing time in vain by being picky with your answers.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 11, 2014, 07:40:16 pm »

I'm trawling through the thread to make a compilation of useful stuff, and a couple important things I've noticed from D1:

• It's seriously in the interests of Team Not Evil to keep me alive .
This could be a reference to the "Very Bad Thing". Important because it shows he wasn't pulling it out of nowhere when he was on the chopping block.

webadict: what proportion of people in this world are evil, would you say?
Well, speaking from a historic perspective, I'd have to say around 23%.

23% x 13 = 0.299 = 3 evil people. Webadict told us how many evil people there were. There are no evil people out there who have not claimed.

Tiruin
Are you a mage?
I'm a President, but yeah, I can use magic if I want to.
Tiruin
I'm a President, but yeah, I can use magic if I want to.
..How?
By learning it in magic classes.
Nowhere in NQT's roleflip did it say he could do magic.
Quote from: NotQuiteThere

Class President – You were elected due to humble beginnings, a clear and efficient plan of improvement, thousands of dollars in propaganda, and a hefty dose of bribery. But everyone trusts you and your deep pockets at least. After all, you know what’s best and so does your cabinet, Mr. Franklin, Mr. Lincoln, and Mr. Jefferson.

Item = [[It's rude to go through people's things so no one really knows what she had.]]

Female

(Auto) Goody Two Shoes: You start off the game as a Confirmed Townie. Don't let it get to your head, princess.

Aha!

I just found something that explains a lot about NQT:
I'll explain why it has to wait until tomorrow, tomorrow. You'll understand then.
Bullshit.  Earlier you said that you had fully claimed your role.
And I did. You'll understand tomorrow.
He fully claimed his role. He did not claim is item. What might happen that would let NQT claim something that he couldn't the previous day? Him giving away his item. It makes a lot of sense. Also, the "Very Bad Thing" could involve the fact that we don't get to use the item anymore and don't get to know what it is. He knew that if he was lynched, his item would go away. Maybe an item that is required to stop the meteor?

I don't know why he wouldn't claim something like that though. Afraid of a day-kill? Actually, do item transfers happen before or after nightkills?

Nerjin
For those not evil
What is the ultimate goal
What is our true aim?
For the first question
I would guess it all depends
Love, Live, Food, Angels
Love: Students need to find love(not sure who, refresh my memory? RangerCado?)
Live: Scum/survivor wincons?
Food: Toaster/MOWE?
Angels: Stops the meteor?

Did the mods actually give useful information D1?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 11, 2014, 08:04:04 pm »

...Who're you replacing again, TWS?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 11, 2014, 08:20:38 pm »

Hapah.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 11, 2014, 08:21:13 pm »

Ah.  Makeinu probably needs a replacement too, if anyone is able to do so.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 11, 2014, 08:32:12 pm »

Nerjin
For those not evil
What is the ultimate goal
What is our true aim?
For the first question
I would guess it all depends
Love, Live, Food, Angels
Love: Students need to find love(not sure who, refresh my memory? RangerCado?)
Live: Scum/survivor wincons?
Food: Toaster/MOWE?
Angels: Stops the meteor?

Did the mods actually give useful information D1?
Cado and makeinu (thanks for fishing that post out) are the only ones so far who has claimed Love. Let's pair them up? (Though it doesn't make sense IRL if that stuff goes. It didn't work with me when I accepted her gesture though)
Live has been by...well, totally unsure.
Food is Toaster and MOWE.
Angel...perhaps, yeah.

And yes, the Mods gave lots of useful information D1, with only one or two things irrelevant.

And I still don't know my bloody wincon despite trawling through all that. Not Love. Not Live. Not Food. Unsure if Angel..but the pursuit of a beard, or wishing to be normal (contradictory to magic, which I guess is Angel given that I saw a hint that the love for magic is directly related to the Meteor--I don't /like/ the meteor though after asking) or the wish to know more.

TheDarkStar - Diplomancer; Probably wants pie; Didn't start with an item
Toaster - Robot; Use sandwich/grilled item; 'Wins when Town wins'; Did not start with an item.
mastahcheese - Witchhunter; "It's a bit complicated, in that I wasn't given as straight an answer as Toaster." Probably needs my book(?) yet said book deals with a magical context.; Didn't start with an item.
4maskwolf - ...Pyromancer; "Wishes to cast a big fire spell which will go off at the end of day 4". Started with Invisibility Cloak.
Caz - 'Joker'; wins when Town wins. Started with a Portable Black Hole
MyOwnWorstEnemy - Living Sandwich; Wants to be 'Eaten'; Started with Sword-thing
Tiruin - Not claiming until Leafsnail speaks; Something something wants to get a 'Beard'; Didn't start with an item.
Hapah//TheWetSheep - Crafter; Female. Can carry 2 items at once, has no items, started with no items.

notquitethere - Ded. Please tell if anything is related to this.

RangerCado
Leafsnail
HissihnWalnuts - Started with an item
makeinu - 'Not a Wizard'; Started with item

Added notes by Toaster
Corrections:
> One does not just be 'happy' that the Meteor Exists (Cado was happy the meteor exists, Tiruin bold-action'd being happy about it, nope.)
> MOWE's note is...strange. Where was it useless?

Known Items:
Midas Crown - Double vote; also isn't related to King Midas at all, as in the mythology thing.
Invisibility Cloak - ???
Mirror-thing... - Grants redirect/Randomize Immunity
Sword-thing - Allows watching of someone (and unless mistaken, this also allows them to be killed if doing a malevolent action - as what MOWE said)
Cursed Staff of Earth - You can't vote while holding this.
Portable Black Hole - ehh?!
Judging by the count, the item-wincon theory is more likely than not, False/Implausible.

PS: @TDS and co. Your questions are in the quote-link here. Which you really like picking out.
If you really don't want to answer them, then why not explain or at least say something about it than getting on brevity?

Goodness. You people.

Oh, and TheDarkStar, explain for once-despite stating it over and over-why keeping him alive as an emergency lynch is a bad thing?
You never did that. I ask you to do so again.
There is no point in "saving him for later"[...]
Which is left undetailed.

That, and I'd love for you to now back up that idea on items = wincon, TDS. You never answer why you defend Leafsnail so viciously, yet when I see you talking about Toaster it's a roundabout accusation. Rather than directly defend him you throw an appeal to...nebulousness. Or whatever that was called.

MOWE: Mm? Sure. But lynch the claimant of stealing items just to be sure. >.>

If for some reason that he ain't a MS, then either someone redirected me or LS/Cado are MS'ers.

Votecount/Timecount Nerjin?
[...]
Also, if this starts to turn into a <quote> "Verbal slugging match"<endquote> I will mod-kill the offending players[...]
Please kill me first if this happens and I'm in it.

What do you call two hippopotami?
[beat]
A hippopatamus!

I didn't get it!  :'(

Caz: What does your portable black hole do?!

TWS: You're a genius. However I do remember the mods saying stuff about 'what happens to this item when ded'.
Nerjin: What happens (again to reask, as far as I know) when a person 'dies' and they still hold an item?

Just a few thoughts before I head to school.

I doubt that lynching a claimed evil person is going to give us the information we're hoping for. If they were a conventional scumteam, why would all three evil players claim if lynching one of them told us we needed to lynch the others?

That said, we might as well lynch one anyway if we have no better leads.
This has gotten me confused since D1, but why I do so is because everyone claimed--I wish to prove or deny the hypothesis that Evil=Scum by lynching either one of the two-now-one non-claimants.
I mean if the MS wasn't really a bad thing they'd all claim. >.>

Ah.  Makeinu probably needs a replacement too, if anyone is able to do so.
Aw fish.
Wait...aren't you also requesting replacement?

Hapah.
Yay thanks.

If I had to pick between evil or summoner being scum, my gut tells me it's summoners.  This is, again, why I want to see Ranger hang.  I expect the flavor of his lynch to be enlightening.
>_>
<_<
Now if this is what we talked about rather than threw swords at each other, we'd get at this understanding as of late rather than accusing people of defending x and y. Wherein I propose a redefinition of 'defending' be instated (in the BM Dictionary no less) due to it meaning two things: One benign/neutral, and one scum-tell-like.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 11, 2014, 08:36:39 pm »

And here's my compendium of roles, claims and other important things(Stopped at end of D1, will update later):

NQT:

- Confirmed Not Evil
- No wincon
- Not meteor summoner
- Claimed that "Very Bad Thing" happens if lynched D1 or he tells us about it D1
- Flipped town, no powers except for Confirmed Not Evil, no mention of bad stuff
- Item censored on flip

Makeinu:

- Seemed to be softclaiming Class Flirt role through roleplay early D1
- Not evil
- Has a wincon, involves true love and something happening before the meteor strikes
- Not meteor summoner
- Role implies meteor cannot be stopped

Tiruin:

- Early D1 claimed to be a mage, neutral good alignment:
...I'm a mage, and I've no idea what my alignment is. Neutral Good I guess?
- Later claimed Level 1 Mage
- Not evil
- No wincon
- Not meteor summoner

MastahCheese:

- Must "hunt evil", not necessarily wincon
- Must "rid the night of the evil that infests it"
- Not evil
- Not meteor summoner
- Witch hunter
- Alignment cop(evil/not evil)

HissinhWalnuts:

- A jerk
My character sheet shows me as a jerk but doesn't say ' You are evil ' so I think I'm town.
- Not evil
- No wincon
- Not meteor summoner
I'm a count Dracula as bratty teenager girl apparently.

Leafsnail:

- Evil
- Not a meteor summoner

4maskwolf:

- Not evil
- No wincon
- Not meteor summoner
- Can burn items

TheDarkStar:

- Evil(Or, as evil as a normal teenager)
- No wincon
- Not meteor summoner

MOWE:

- Not evil
- Possible wincon(Become sandwich again)
- Not meteor summoner
- A sandwich

Hapah/Sheep:

- Not evil
- No wincon
- Not meteor summoner

RangerCado:

- Evil(Or, as evil as a normal teenager)
- No wincon
- Meteor summoner

Toaster:

- Not evil
- Possible wincon(Find warmnumnum.exe file or eat some warm num nums)
- Not meteor summoner
- Claimed to be a Robot

PPE: Was about to post when I noticed that there are only 12 names here. I missed Caz, which means that he didn't claim a single thing in all of day one(or I somehow missed everything he said).

PPE x2: Just noticed your compilation of claims and stuff, Tiruin. Hopefully this will be useful too.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 11, 2014, 08:38:59 pm »

*looks at OP*
*looks at Nerjin's posts/stories*

Hot darn. Robosaurus really exists.
Cado, if you can reply: Are you a demon?

Also, TWS: Caz is female.

I do believe that if there was a deadchat, NQT would be really making it his novel.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 112