Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 74

Author Topic: FUCK YOU, DAD!: Not grading on a curve.  (Read 128157 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: FUCK YOU, DAD!: I UPDATE EVERY DAY YOU BLIND BASTARDS
« Reply #930 on: February 15, 2014, 03:29:31 pm »

Become a major historical figure.
So what you're saying is... we should become great? *rimshot*

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: February 15, 2014, 03:30:17 pm »

Become a major historical figure.
So what you're saying is... we should become great? *rimshot*
Yep.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: February 15, 2014, 04:25:51 pm »

Wait. If Grate is every historical figure, does that mean that living as he is he is a historical figure? And that would mean that Grate replaced himself with Grate. So this means we could be easing George washinGrate?
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 15, 2014, 04:59:22 pm »

I think Grate was smart enough not to replace his own family line with himself as that would actually cause a time paradox. His school stat seems high enough to foresee that.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 15, 2014, 05:44:01 pm »

Force Grate to enslave the concept of commerce.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 15, 2014, 05:48:51 pm »

Then what does that bit about in both directions mean?

The second time travel is invented, it instantaneously begins to exist everywhere in the future as well as everywhere in the past, because it allows anyone to travel to any of those points and, given enough time, they will.

So, I invent time travel on tuesday. And then, on thursday I decide to travel back to 1980 and invest in microsoft stock or something.  Great, now timetravel technology exists in 1980, 34 years before it was invented. So now causality is fucked. So I trade the details of my time machine to some guy for a hotdog and he time travels into the future, meanwhile, someone else who bought the time machine I invented in present time travels even farther into the past and uses his technology to rule a preindustrial tribe as a god. After he dies of orgy overdose, one of them get in and travel far into the future, beyond a nuclear war that would have otherwise wiped out the time travel tech.

Now, what this means is that, the second I created the time machine it began to exist in several points in time both in the past and future.

Now imagine we have 50 time machines. Imagine they're all popping in and out of time, changing things. Now nothing is stable and the past and future are altering uncontrollably and physicists are weeping.

EVERYTHING IS FUCKED FOREVER.

I DON'T EVEN SEE ANY SUGGESTION THAT HAS MORE THEN ONE VOTE! TRY HARDER FOOLS!
Actually, if time travel was every invented, very partof the availavble universe would be filled by things from the future, evryone would be so densly packed the entire universe would become a black hole.

The same can be said for having infinite universes and some have universe hopping abilities.

Almost every universe would be, at the same time (instantly), filled up right to the brim, by people with dimension hopping abilities.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 15, 2014, 05:49:48 pm »

Invent Spiral Power, it's not like things can get worse.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 15, 2014, 05:52:07 pm »

Actually, the dimensions with dimension-hopping tech tend to greatly outnumber those that don't. Which doesn't help much when an infinite amount of versions of the dimension-hopping universe hop to exactly the same place and form a black hole. Yeah, we're gonna need to work out interdimensional messaging first.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 15, 2014, 06:07:33 pm »

Actually, the dimensions with dimension-hopping tech tend to greatly outnumber those that don't. Which doesn't help much when an infinite amount of versions of the dimension-hopping universe hop to exactly the same place and form a black hole. Yeah, we're gonna need to work out interdimensional messaging first.
No because infinite means infinite there's no end and so you can't say any dimensions have more of something, because it haven't ended yet, so that means every universe, instantly, bam.

But since no one has transported to our universe yet (which should have happened the instant every universe was created because with infinite situations every situation would have happened immediately somewhere) means that neither time travel or dimension hopping was invented.

OR MABYE IT WAS! Mabye this is one universe where the situation of no time travel or dimension hopping happened to our universe, a theory which would be further put forward by the idea that time travel doesn't travel back in time, it travels to a Different universe that was In a Diffrent point in time, AND THIS STOPS ANY PARADOX FROM HAPPENING IN OUR UNIVERSE, IT FIXES EVERYTHING!
Alan help.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 15, 2014, 06:16:49 pm »

We still need to work out how to talk across dimensions before we can hop, even though those conversations would be like addressing a crowd at a major sports arena without a microphone.

Also, we're assuming some multiversal empire hasn't already worked this shit out and is rapidly taking over the multiverse while combining with other versions of itself.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #941 on: February 15, 2014, 06:22:59 pm »

Why would there be infinite time machines? Assuming the energy contents of the universe remain the same in 4D you can't have infinite time machines unless you can create energy from nothing. You'd simply end up with a universe that has different total energy at different times. Although entropy would mean the heat death of the universe would come much faster.

All the above assume the laws of physics still work and this isn't some sort of magic time machine.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 15, 2014, 06:24:52 pm »

Considering there are an infinite amount of universes, a good percentage of them would not obey this universe's laws of physics. FTL might be easily possible in some.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 15, 2014, 06:37:00 pm »

Is gravity a form of entropy or energy?

Apart from that question, some of the (infinite) universes might follow a realised schrodingers cat equation, allowing for things like the tardis and the mass effect weapons, as they only gain heat, they almost never run out of ammo, for example, as well as quantum mechanics working perfectly fine in that universe, the doctor mentioned how the tardis gets so hard to traverse as it never stays with the same layout, this would be from the fact if no one sees it, it could be anything, including another time.....

Wait, if that theory works, if you placed the tardis inside a steel box, with someone inside the tardis, if ye don't know what's outside, the land could be anything, including the past or future.

I LOVE THIS DEBATE!
Alan help.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 15, 2014, 06:59:04 pm »

Actually, anything is possible in the multiverse. Every TV show, every game, every movie, they all actually happened.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 74