Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74

Author Topic: FUCK YOU, DAD!: Not grading on a curve.  (Read 125577 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: FUCK YOU, DAD!: A Public Service Announcement
« Reply #1065 on: February 24, 2014, 04:06:14 pm »

We need to do something constructive, guys. And we can't hurt Dad the White, since we're Dad the White, even though he seems to have also taken on a sentience of his own, which is a bit confusing and more than a little bit disturbing.
Don't you understand?

They want us to do something constructive. It feeds into their plans!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 24, 2014, 04:06:51 pm »

Let's not do that. I don't want to ever meet Grate's father, in any context. Let's try to increase survivalisous and sporties.

Arrange for a nice holiday in Somalia. Try to pay off some pirates to kidnap Grate, then refuse to pay the ransom until Grate manages to break out of captivity. Worst case scenario, he's held hostage by drugged up pirates for years on end, which should increase some stat.
+1

We need to do something constructive, guys. And we can't hurt Dad the White, since we're Dad the White, even though he seems to have also taken on a sentience of his own, which is a bit confusing and more than a little bit disturbing.
+1
Also, he's Tyler Daden.

So basically what I'm getting here is that PW wasn't in a position to murder everyone, so we went full minimalist EAT THE WALLS style bonkers.
Worse.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 24, 2014, 04:52:53 pm »

Punch Dad the White in the face. Go on a business claiming rampage.
+1
+1
Let's not do that. I don't want to ever meet Grate's father, in any context. Let's try to increase survivalisous and sporties.

Arrange for a nice holiday in Somalia. Try to pay off some pirates to kidnap Grate, then refuse to pay the ransom until Grate manages to break out of captivity. Worst case scenario, he's held hostage by drugged up pirates for years on end, which should increase some stat.
+1

-1 to this as well
+1
Destroy the concept of numbers in this dimension as well.
+1

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 24, 2014, 04:58:34 pm »

PW doesn't count -1s.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1070 on: February 24, 2014, 05:40:16 pm »

So basically what I'm getting here is that PW wasn't in a position to murder everyone, so we went full minimalist EAT THE WALLS style bonkers.

Actually the reality of it is that someone in ER mentioned he wanted me to run a game called "min max your child" and I decided "Eh, why not? That sounds minimalist and simplistic enough that I can do it without wasting time."

So I made this game in 15 minutes and people, for some goddamn reason, started replying to it.

It shan't last very long, but it will be mildly amusing sometimes.

Yay! I got to use the word "Shan't"

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 24, 2014, 05:41:44 pm »

Actually, my suggestion about gaslighting Grate with a non-existent number was a very important piece in a long chain of events. Now that our alternate-universe version has utterly failed to cooperate with the first stage, there's no point in executing the rest of the plan.
I guess we'll have to go back to the EAT THE WALLS style bonkers and just hope for the best.

+1
+1
+1
It's both constructive and cathartic. And it'll teach Grate how to delegate.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 05:44:39 pm by HmH »

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 24, 2014, 06:52:04 pm »

[/quote]

+1
+1
+1
[/quote] +1
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 24, 2014, 07:38:50 pm »

Actually the reality of it is that someone in ER mentioned he wanted me to run a game called "min max your child" and I decided "Eh, why not? That sounds minimalist and simplistic enough that I can do it without wasting time."

So I made this game in 15 minutes and people, for some goddamn reason, started replying to it.

I think the primary reason people started replying to it was the fact it's Piecewise.  Typically, that alone means it'll be an interesting game if nothing else.  Not in this case, but most of the time.

After that, it just reached critical mass of players fast enough that people stuck around because it's the cool thing to do, I guess.

...Also, the hare turd pop-a-dice stuff is because of the GM.  GM sets the tone of the game, players follow.  Look at The End Is Nigh's first post.  Does that seem like a game where "punch it in the face to establish superiority" is an acceptable action?  Now look at this thread's first post.  Does it seem like the type of game where anything else is expected?

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 24, 2014, 07:57:17 pm »

Give Grate a book titled "How to be a good father for dummyz God-King children" so he learns to to be his own father and increase his own stats while we come up with more insane activities in the future for him to do that may or may not help increase his stats.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: February 24, 2014, 08:00:49 pm »

Give Grate a book titled "How to be a good father for dummyz God-King children" so he learns to to be his own father and increase his own stats while we come up with more insane activities in the future for him to do that may or may not help increase his stats.
This is such a good idea. +1.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 24, 2014, 09:03:00 pm »

+1

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: February 24, 2014, 09:21:56 pm »

+1
+1
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: February 25, 2014, 02:28:38 am »

+1
+1
+1
+1
[/quote] +1
[/quote]
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: February 25, 2014, 06:16:11 am »

I think the primary reason people started replying to it was the fact it's Piecewise.  Typically, that alone means it'll be an interesting game if nothing else.  Not in this case, but most of the time.

After that, it just reached critical mass of players fast enough that people stuck around because it's the cool thing to do, I guess.

...Also, the hare turd pop-a-dice stuff is because of the GM.  GM sets the tone of the game, players follow.  Look at The End Is Nigh's first post.  Does that seem like a game where "punch it in the face to establish superiority" is an acceptable action?  Now look at this thread's first post.  Does it seem like the type of game where anything else is expected?
*takes notes for when I feel confident enough to try to GM again*
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74