Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Roll to Technobabble!  (Read 6218 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Roll the Technobabble!
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 09:14:39 pm »

Added rule #6 just to make technobabble more navigable for me :P
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 09:23:21 pm »

Do we just make gibberish and stuff will get fixed in the area we're in? Can we only fix one thing at a time?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 09:26:18 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 09:31:14 pm »

Only one thing at a time, yes, and it will be nice if your technobabble points out what you're fixing/attempting to accomplish.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 09:51:53 pm »

"You there! I need a spectromoscope in the hortaskew light spectrum! Stat! This organic lorfy meta storgris is crystallizing on the tempered alloy joint line! If we don't do something quick then it could penetrate the horizon of our animorphic reality layers and cause a catastrophic spunty-overload-meltdown-collapse-superdrive-event which will eventually lead to our sonic ultra epidermis to cease functioning at a comfortable range!"

Fire gibberish beams at random stuff in the sick bay in an effort to fix something the jammed surgery arm!

I was going to sig this, but then I took an ar- *slap* NO. THAT IS NOT OKAY ANYMORE! *runs crying into the distance*
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 09:54:20 pm »

Meta humor isn't okay for that either.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 01:49:56 am »

I bolded the part of my incoherantness that I want actually used.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 10:52:38 am »

is it too late to join?
name: 3.1 of 4.
job: astronometrics (scanning).

Prefered starting location: science lab or engineering

(this is loosely based on 7 of 9 in voyager as far as job and name. the attitude is different.)

First action: feed the tachyons through the warpcore after passing through a custom made alloy of zirconium, dilithium, and tribble-ite; pick up the scattering with the repurposed tau-neutrino scanners. Feed the feedback through sickbay's spare holographic projectors to trigger a positive feedback loop in the enemy scanners, creating virtual ship images with the type 7 harmonic oscilations in their scanners, and possibly causing a simple, yet effective, power overload cascade in enemy scanners.

Use our ship's scanners to confuse and maybe damage enemy scanners.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 10:57:10 am by fractalman »
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 11:29:08 am »

USS Fortune currently has all actors needed, thank you.

Where's Dorsidwarf, I need his action.
SigFlags!

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 11:39:50 am »

Damn! We have a cracked power transit pylon in the auxilliary control set! We need those de-sonic metafabric stabilisers!

Reroute the ultramonic gene flux through pylons four and two laterally, and psorgify the end contacts, stat!
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2014, 12:23:05 pm »

And tell the Tactical Officer I want full evasive maneuvers! Use the Highlian Thrust technique, mastered by Corporal Shenanigan in the ReVectiod Wars!"

Tactical Officer gets +1 to his rolls for this turn.

Fire gibberish beams at random stuff in the sick bay in an effort to fix something the jammed surgery arm!

[Roll: 4 (+1 Sickbay, -2 Field: Engineering) = 3] The jammed surgery arm became more responsive to computer input, but it was still jammed. The repair has failed.

"Power the sidethrusters! Activate the free-borne equilibrium neutralizer, you lazy bastards! All gyro-pounders to full bore and get us the hell out of their tracking fields, now!"

[Roll: 2 (+1 CO bonus, +1 Battlestations, +1 Technobabble, -1 Damage) = 4] Due to the latency of malfunctioning computer unit somewhere on the ship, the tactical input was one second later than anticipated. The maneuver of course will be performed, but the thrusters might 'catch on' too late.

"Troubling. Crewman! Pulse the hadron field and loop the feedback conduits! Deny them entry at all costs!"

[Roll: 2 (+1 Science Lab, +1 Technobabble) = 4] The hadron matrix have been pulsed and the feedback were put in place, but it was evident that some of the enemy codes went through. Two of six shield inducers began flashing yellow on the master console, signalling they were just disabled and need some time to recharge. This will considerably lower shield strength for a brief moment.

Reroute the ultramonic gene flux through pylons four and two laterally, and psorgify the end contacts, stat!

[Roll: 5 (+1 Main Engineering, +1 Technobabble) = 6+] The rerouting and psorgifying allowed the problem to be bypassed and the pylon safely went offline. It now can sit inside the console and doesn't hamper the engineer's work until it gets replaced at nearest starbase. 
Not only that, but the this power rerouting also improved energy flow to the shield inducers, which boosted the currently weakened set with some extra power.

~~Turn 2~~

The ship veered to the starboard and thrusters boosted in one large pulse.

It wasn't enough to allow the ship evade all the plasma torpedoes - two have missed, and two struck the shields near the bridge. Fortunately, extra boost of the energy absorbed the otherwise destructive energy. The ship was rocked and some crewmen lost balance, but no damage occured.

@Chief Medical Officer:

"This is teleporter room number four; we've got some plasma-burn victims taken to us from the battlestations, prepare for emergency teleportation." Just as the operator finished speaking, six people appeared on the med-beds with flash of light; their uniforms were charred and their skin burned into charcoal at several large spots. If they won't be treated soon, they shall die.

@Tactical Officer & Science Officer:

The warhawk's signal suddenly disappeared from both the tactical and subspace sensors at Battlestations and Science Lab; the enemy starship activated it's cloaking shields. This means that ship is almost impossible to locate, but also that its shields are down; the enemy might be recharging its weapons before another strike...

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:26:38 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 04:16:05 pm »

"Trying to hide, eh? It's no use you twats, I don't need light to see! Quick, men! Fire off a high intensity omni-directional gamma burst and search for rebounds through the radon scanner! I want a lock on their location stat!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 04:20:08 pm by Dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 05:44:42 pm »

Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2014, 05:49:53 pm »

What?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2014, 07:21:01 pm »

((EVERYTHING REQUIRES ENGINEERING TO FIX. FUUUUU--))

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2014, 09:42:40 pm »

Just make up more technobable. :D
ptw.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4