Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Roll to Technobabble!  (Read 6219 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Roll the Technobabble!
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2014, 10:00:46 pm »

"You there! I need a spectromoscope in the hortaskew light spectrum! Stat! This organic lorfy meta storgris is crystallizing on the tempered alloy joint line! If we don't do something quick then it could penetrate the horizon of our animorphic reality layers and cause a catastrophic spunty-overload-meltdown-collapse-superdrive-event which will eventually lead to our sonic ultra epidermis to cease functioning at a comfortable range!"
How come I didn't get a technobabble bonus?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2014, 10:05:53 pm »

Replace the burnt skin of the crewmembers with liquid exo-plasmoid matrices extracted from live blogumites to boost their midi-chlorian half-lifetitudeinalism.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2014, 12:38:19 pm »

Re-infulctufy the broken pylon to create a di-nepulsoid inverse bubblespace field, which should di-lapse the enemy Kringoid Engines, collapsing their cloaking!
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2014, 12:52:04 pm »

Hyper-charge the pneumatic launch strip, disengage the munitions airlock and dump a big steaming payload of MK-7 trans-directional tracking mines between us and the last-known location of the enemy ship!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2014, 04:46:49 pm »

((heehee, well done all, excellent))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2014, 04:58:38 pm »

One PTW to you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2014, 08:24:44 pm »

"Trying to hide, eh? It's no use you twats, I don't need light to see! Quick, men! Fire off a high intensity omni-directional gamma burst and search for rebounds through the radon scanner! I want a lock on their location stat!
"Sir! We have the Science Officer on the line!"
"About friggin' time! Run it through the isotope spectrometer, they may have reengineered their visual abnormalizers to give a negative positive about their ship's location, otherwise!"
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Technobabble!
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2014, 02:02:11 pm »

"Trying to hide, eh? It's no use you twats, I don't need light to see! Quick, men! Fire off a high intensity omni-directional gamma burst and search for rebounds through the radon scanner! I want a lock on their location stat!
"Sir! We have the Science Officer on the line!"
"About friggin' time! Run it through the isotope spectrometer, they may have reengineered their visual abnormalizers to give a negative positive about their ship's location, otherwise!"

Science Officer Dermonster gets +1 to his rolls this turn!

Replace the burnt skin of the crewmembers with liquid exo-plasmoid matrices extracted from live blogumites to boost their midi-chlorian half-lifetitudeinalism.

[Roll: 1 (+1 Sickbay, +1 Technobabble) = 3] Unfortunately, the exo-plasmoid matrices reacted with leftover stains of plasmaricideochlorianoblontasium from the burns, and the bodies of the wounded began to melt down. Soon there was just a pile of acidic, half-liquid sludges and skeletons on the bed. Oops.
Turns out that one of the wounded was a Redshirt serving under Tactical Officer Nosten Nostovar. Double oops.

Hyper-charge the pneumatic launch strip, disengage the munitions airlock and dump a big steaming payload of MK-7 trans-directional tracking mines between us and the last-known location of the enemy ship!

[Roll: 3 (+1 Battlestations, +1 Technobabble, -1 Damage) = 4] With a gritty sound of friction of metal against metal, the mines were launched into the space. Soon, explosions filled the space as the enemy starship began to flicker for a moment, way to the galactic left from the last position, and as soon as the particle disturbance from explosions passed away, the ship was invisible again.

[Roll: 2 (+1 Science Lab, +1 CO Bonus, +1 Technobabble) = 5] Using the radon scanner coupled with the isotope spectrometer allowed a detection of trail of spatial anti-neutrinos which propably came from the quasi-quarkian posimatrices of the enemy vessel. If the trail was any indication, it seemed that the Battlehawk was making a lengthy, arching approach from the starboard to under USS Fortune.

Re-infulctufy the broken pylon to create a di-nepulsoid inverse bubblespace field, which should di-lapse the enemy Kringoid Engines, collapsing their cloaking!

[Roll: 2 (+1 Main Engineering, +1 Technobabble) = 4] The di-lapsation only lasted for few seconds, during which the other vessel showed up on the tactical and science scanners for several seconds, and the trajectory of said Warhawk did correlate with the trail of anti-neutrinos. The enemy was indeed trying to get 'under' USS Fortune!

~~Turn 3~~

The enemy ship was still under cloak...

@Tactical Officer:

...but the Tactical Officer could easily see that the signature of anti-neutrinos was still making its way under the ship. It seems that the Cytorians were unaware of the sensor tracking their exhaust.

@Science Officer:

One of the power distribution console operators approached his officer.
"Commander Dermonster, sir, I believe that if we use the risky 3rd tachyonic configuration of polymetroid capacitors, we could bypass the Melted-down secondary power relay in the targeting computer and Misaligned power conduit under the floor in Battlestations and thus improve our chances against the sneaky Cytorians, but I believe that if something goes wrong, this might collapse the entire power network to our laser turrets and leave us unable to respond to attacks for a moment..."

@Chief Engineer:

Suddenly, one of the side damage control consoles shot some sparks and went dark. Must've been power burst or something... still, not a major loss.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2014, 04:30:08 pm »

"Hrm, Excellent thinking, crewman, and wise caution. But this is battle! We cannot afford to let any advantage go past!

Fire up the graviton spinner and switch to gear two! Drop the isotropic rod and Get Me Through That Block!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2014, 08:55:00 pm »

"If only there was gravity in space, then we could just cut the engines and drop on them! Blasted physics!"
The Derail Thread

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2014, 10:09:49 pm »

"If only there was gravity in space, then we could just cut the engines and drop on them! Blasted physics!"
RAMMING SPEED! I do not advise this course.  Rather, as a kibitzer I advise using the 3rd tachyonic configuration,
Spoiler: but with the (click to show/hide)
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2014, 09:25:10 am »

Di-frate the sub-telelunar contacts to reverse the timestream flow on the console temporarily, frizzufying the Polaroid Nodes, returning it to a pre-destrutcion state
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2014, 01:35:01 pm »

Take advantage of the melted men's gooinated state to perform a Worcester Reconstitution Maneuver in order to prep their molecules for solidification and non-deceased-ing procedures!

LIVE DAMN YOU! LIIIIIIVVVEEEE!!!!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2014, 01:37:53 pm »

Yoink/mastacheese, where are you? v:
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2014, 05:27:06 pm »

((Am I even getting technobabble bonuses?))

Tell the science officer that switching to third gear would best stabilize the neutrino cortex!
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4