Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: [x ☠~ONE!PIECE~ x] Oppa Perplexicon Style!  (Read 7496 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
[x ☠~ONE!PIECE~ x] Oppa Perplexicon Style!
« on: January 20, 2014, 11:31:37 pm »

Come aboard, and bring alo-o-ong, all your hopes and dreams! Together we, will find ev'rything we are lookin' fo-o-or!

Paramecia Fruits (超人系 Chōjin-kei, read as Paramishia?)
Paramecia-type fruits alter the user's body in some way. The default state is fully human, unlike Logia, which is partially the element. Paramecia fruits are shaped like melons.

Logia Fruits (自然系 Shizen-kei (lit. Natural-type, read as Rogia-kei?)
Logia-type fruits allow the user to actually become a natural element in its entirety. Ever since their abilities are gained, they are neither completely human nor element in their default state. However, Logia users have the option of turning completely into their element if they so wish, in which case the change is irreversible. Logia fruit abilities are virtually immune to damage unless the special weakness pertaining to that fruit is discovered.

Alright pirates! So the goal here is to kill each other! Yay! Everyone has a Devil Fruit power. These are decided at the start of the first combat round using the Fruit Type you chose and a random word generator to decide the theme of your power! These can also be influenced by the appearance and personality of your character, so if you want an interesting power, do a good job!!

Pirate Name: Required!
Appearance: Optional!
Personality: Optional!
Devil Fruit Type: Paramecia or Logia
Single Weapon of Choice: Whatever you want! It can be a sword or a firearm or nothing at all!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 08:29:08 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: [x ☠~ONE!PIECE~ x]
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 11:32:17 pm »

Dice Rules!
Standard RTD Rules
Example Action: Perform a backflip attack!
[1] Critical Failure - You leap backwards but fail to turn the flip. There's a sickening crunch as your head hits the ground.
[2] Failure - You turn a flip and fall flat on your back embarrassingly enough.
[3] Minor Success - You successfully turn a flip, striking a glancing blow on your opponent with your extended foot, but botch the landing and stumble backwards leaving you open.
[4] Success - You turn a neat backflip, catching your opponent with a solid kick to the jaw that sends him reeling.
[5] Critical Success - You flip backwards and land on your hands, then coil up and spring towards your enemy, driving the heel of your foot into his vulnerable neck. He flops onto his back, eyes bulging and hands clutching desperately at his crushed throat.
[6] Overshoot - You backflip.. Perhaps a bit too high? You land in a tree somewhere else. Your opponent is nowhere to be seen.

Health!
Chunky salsa system. If someone scores a critical success on you and your Devil Fruit power doesn't grant you some kind of resistance, you're dead.

Players: Noodlerex, Execute/Dumbo.exe, VinnieTheDead, Gamerlord, Wwolin, Harry Baldman, scapheap, darkpaladin109, NAV
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 08:17:03 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 11:39:35 pm »

IN SO IN!
Pirate Name: Nooder McRex
Appearance: Tall, dark and handsome, only none of these apply to Nooder, short, tubby and acne ridden are probably more apt.
Personality: Sour.
Devil Fruit Type: Paramecia
Single Weapon of Choice: A large permanently frozen tuna
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:53:28 am by Noodlerex »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 11:58:47 pm »

ME TOO! IM IN, GUM GUM GO INSANE!
Pirate name: (I'm using a random name generator for this.) Thomas Halil
Appearance: (damn, there's a random appearance generator as well?! Score!) Thomas Halil has black skin, brown eyes and short, curly brown hair.
He has a narrow face and angluar eyes.
He is 5' 8" and has an average build.
His clothes are usually quite garish and he prefers them to be form fitting.
Personality: Brash idiot with a distinct hatred for anyone who calls him stupid, this ends up being a bit of a loop.
DFT: Logia
Single weapon of choice: cutlass, matey!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

VinnieTheDead

• Bay Watcher
  • i ain't worried bout nothin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 12:52:34 am »

A one-piece RTD? How did that happen? YO-HO-HO HE TOOK A BITE OF GUM-GUM.

Pirate Name: Vincent Skald
Appearance: A wiry man, with teeth not unlike that of a shark. His face is angular and he looks as if he made some awful deal with the devil and it took the life from him. He sports two deep auburn eyes and thin lips. His styled black hair is short, and is very neatly kempt.
Personality: Not untrue to his appearance, he certainly would sell you to Satan for a corn chip. His whole life has been ridden with bad luck, and rather than try to make up for it by being a good person, why not go along with it and spread his misfortune? A backstabbing, conniving man with no regard for human life, the law, or morality- Truly a pirate in the most basic of senses.
Single Weapon of Choice: Magnum if allowed, otherwise a switchblade.
Quote from: Broteam
anything that's not shootin at what i'm shootin at becomes what i'm shootin at

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 12:55:19 am »

Oh dear god why.

Pirate Name: Derry G
Appearance: -WIP-
Personality: -WIP-
Single Weapon of Choice: ZWEIHANDER.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 02:15:56 am »

Pirate Name: Arturo Medraut
Appearance: A fiery-looking young man with dark brown eyes. He appears to have a magnificent head of goldenrod hair, but upon closer inspection it's actually a wig made from the mane of a lion.
Personality: Arturo's a greedy and boastful bastard with very little patience, who often takes matters into his own hands.
Single Weapon of Choice: A long gilded lance
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 02:17:57 am »

Pirate Name: Annie Floyd Makepeace
Appearance: Annie is built like a proper grenadier - a bit over 2 meters tall and packing a considerable amount of muscle on her broad frame. Her hair is close-cropped, and her features remind one more of a peevish Roman centurion than a pirate. She dresses in loose, plain sailor clothes and proudly carries a backpack filled with grenades into combat.
Personality: Annie's greatest pleasure in life is to see people submit to her. Whether this is achieved by intimidation, diplomacy or beating them into a ground is not of critical importance, though she is most often open to any of the three possibilities, as she does not naturally tend toward violence. It's merely that most pirates respond best to it. As a member of a pirate crew, she relishes the opportunity to prey on civilians, authorities and other pirates, though pirates and authorities are preferable due to their greater amount of loot and the sense of satisfaction at their defeat. Annie thrives on conflict, as you may surmise, and tends to seek it out for her own pleasure.
Devil Fruit Type: Logia
Single Weapon of Choice: Hand Grenade

One question: aren't the fruits incredibly unbalanced? Are there any additional drawbacks to choosing a Logia-type fruit?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:39:13 am by Harry Baldman »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 04:20:24 pm »

Pirate Name: Clair Heptane
Appearance: With her black hoodie and tatted jeans, this fiery red head seem more at home in a big city dodging police then the open seas.
Personality: A hot-blooded youth that open negotiations with a knee to the face. Seem fond of the Nanoha's school of making friends.
Devil Fruit Type: Logia
Single Weapon of Choice: nothing at all! a wooden bat with a nail in it
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 04:32:54 pm »

Pirate Name: Captain Thunderbeard
Appearance: A giant, muscular man wearing an open jacket and pirate hat, with a bald head and a majestic, bright yellow beard.
Personality: A ruthless and greedy man, that doesn't take prisoners. He only acts friendly to people who help him.
Single Weapon of Choice: Blunderbuss

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 04:51:32 pm »

Pirate Name: Captain Twobeard
Appearance: He has two beards. He is short, fat, and bald. He wears a speedo, orange life vest, and a bicorne hat.
Personality: He's actually a pretty nice guy.
Devil Fruit Type: Paramecia.
Single weapon of choice? A rooster.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 08:18:30 pm »

Okay, so nine players for the first game.

Generating Devil Fruit Powers....

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 09:13:54 pm »

One question: aren't the fruits incredibly unbalanced? Are there any additional drawbacks to choosing a Logia-type fruit?
Not in this case no. There will be horribly overpowered devil fruits, but you're not guaranteed to get one just by choosing to be a Logia.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 09:40:01 pm »

OP has been updated with the dice rules and other things.

Devil Fruit generation complete!

Everyone ready?

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 09:43:55 pm »

Let's do this!
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6