Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Dwarven Computer  (Read 167434 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Computer
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2013, 03:10:48 pm »

If someone ever gets around to implementing a MOS6502 in DF, then you can do exactly that.  It is a fully featured 8 bit general purpose cpu, that is very well known. GCC should know exactly what it is already.

I posted the wiring diagram for the MOS6502 in the abacus thread earlier.  It's simple enough that it should be possible to implement with minecart logic gates.

Adding a 1bit color 2d output array (raising bridges in a sealed room), and some form of input device, you should be able to run arbitrary programs, as long as they fit in memory.

mstram

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2014, 10:41:15 am »

I'm still trying to figure out how this thing works :)

One of the main tools lacking in DF 40d is the ability to show what is linked to a lever.

I'm looking through the mod section/ DFFD now, looking for tools that can help to document / explore this project.

mstram

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2014, 05:58:35 am »

Well  now with the aid of the dfhack 04d tools, it is getting a bit (heh) easier to debug this thing.

I'm trying to figure out how the registers screw pumps are activated on the "bit-level".

I see the links between the computer-clock's pressure plates and the gears.

And I see where the gears connect to axles that are adjacent to all the pumps in a register.

But how does an individual pump, in a register get activated ?

Mike
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]