Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor  (Read 46433 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
« Reply #375 on: January 02, 2015, 04:17:26 pm »

There are some challenge modes which are still fun, though I think they're paid DLC and they're very basic.
Basically just loads a preset army of orc captains and challenges you to kill 5 and 1 warchief, or just kill all of them, with a score rating based on time and deaths.

Just checked and ugh, the two tests each cost $2.99.  I don't remember paying that, must have been some deal.
Test of Speed is the "Kill 5+1", Test of Wisdom is the "Kill the whole board".  Test of Wisdom was more fun to me, takes about an hour to complete each time.  The captains don't respawn at all, but you can still dominate and have them challenge each other.  I always do that to get around the tricky warchief challenges.

I don't actually care about score though, I don't even like using shadowstrike except to travel distances quickly  :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 02, 2015, 05:22:28 pm »

I almost never used shadowstrike.  My biggest problem is that after a while the game turns into figuring out what stun method gets past a particular captain's defenses, stun him, flurry, stun him, flurry, stun him, flurry, gg.

I don't have any hopes but a less rhythm gamey combat system like Mount and Blade (Or even the new Assassin's Creed's combat which was at least a little better) would make the game a lot more interesting.  Would also enforce stealth a lot more, the only reason you can mow through hordes of orcs in Shadow of Mordor is because the combat's basically autopilot.
Shoes...

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 02, 2015, 06:32:20 pm »

Why pay 40% off when you can pay 50% off http://www.bundlestars.com/store/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor/

P.S.

I haven't bought it though, too many games in the backlog already, have bought games from bundlestars before though for sooper cheep
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]