Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let's Play Organ Trail (Forum-input Driven!)  (Read 3077 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Organ Trail (Forum-input Driven!)
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2014, 06:01:07 pm »

Take the defense job, and try to sell something to get the upgrade.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 10:53:17 pm »

We sold 50 oz of food and bought the tires. We also succeeded at the job! (The jobs are mini-games. I am pretty good at all of them except one where you have to protect a building. But I'm also playing with a laptop pad, so who knows how they will go!)

On the way out of town, we need to pass a huge hoarde of Zeds. The hoard is LARGE and DOCILE.
We can:
- Wait for the zombies to disperse and then try to travel
- Break out the guns and clear a path
- Attempt to sneak through
- Hire mercenaries

What's it going to be?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 11:39:25 pm »

IDK why anybody is gonna go through Pittsburg if they're heading west and not going to the great lakes.  To me it's a no-brainer to get off 70 and take 68 through Cumberland all the way into West Virginia.  And that's before you have zombies leading to the mother of all traffic jams around Steel City.  68 on the other hand has beautiful secluded 3 way highways with no one around but truckers to turn into zombies.  I guess none of these guys are Maryland natives.  Let's hope their route planning gets better later on.

I think you should wait for the zombies to disperse, no sense wasting money or ammo.

On further inspection these guys obviously aren't from nearby.  They got lost between DC and Pittsburg.  Here's how you get from DC to Pittsburg: you get on 70 then you stay on 70.  Bam.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 11:41:23 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2014, 06:55:31 am »

Wait for them to disperse.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2014, 06:15:39 pm »

IDK why anybody is gonna go through Pittsburg if they're heading west and not going to the great lakes.  To me it's a no-brainer to get off 70 and take 68 through Cumberland all the way into West Virginia.  And that's before you have zombies leading to the mother of all traffic jams around Steel City.  68 on the other hand has beautiful secluded 3 way highways with no one around but truckers to turn into zombies.  I guess none of these guys are Maryland natives.  Let's hope their route planning gets better later on.

I think you should wait for the zombies to disperse, no sense wasting money or ammo.

On further inspection these guys obviously aren't from nearby.  They got lost between DC and Pittsburg.  Here's how you get from DC to Pittsburg: you get on 70 then you stay on 70.  Bam.
If you look at the map, it appears that nuclear warheads have already landed/been sent to a lot of the northern U.S. The good thing about zombies is that they can't understand radio broadcasts!

We waited, but the hoard just got bigger! The hoard is now MASSIVE. We can wait some more, but it takes up a decent amount of food. The other options still apply, as well.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2014, 07:57:27 am »

I vote for pretend to be zombies and sneak through, we can always feed shawn to them as a decoy, he's a bit of a fattie anyway I don't think he's been working on his cardio :P
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2014, 01:19:42 am »

What every you do always be polite to guys named Terry, many many of your predecessors died from Dissing him...

:P

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2014, 01:20:18 am »

Double post :/
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 01:45:10 am by JackOSpades »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 03:00:15 pm »

My goodness. Everyone got through alright, but we did lose a few of our replacement parts. This could be bad in the future...oh well, at least those tires are fancy now.

...Columbus shouldn't be allowed to drive. Next update we shall be entering the next town. Going to give my computer a break and figure out if I can get the game to run not in Steam so as to not tie up my Steam account while waiting to update. Game should allow you to quit in towns >_<

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2014, 01:52:31 pm »

Car has health? There's an intro? And Quests? More stuff to kill you?

Been a while since I played last time, it seems o:

* Haspen PTWs too.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 [2]