Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Suggestions for LP ... FOR SCIENCE!!!!  (Read 2657 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for LP ... FOR SCIENCE!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2014, 04:00:34 pm »

IC is a pretty cool game, but I'd prefer it if you designed creatures in the field ala the campaign.

Startopia is baller as hell and really cool. I loved it dearly until I found out that it was about massing security scuzzers and kasvasgorians to assault with. :P I still like it.

C-SH4M4N

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 10:45:22 am »

Startopia is baller as hell and really cool. I loved it dearly until I found out that it was about massing security scuzzers and kasvasgorians to assault with. :P I still like it.
Breaking into segments is fun as hell, but the sandbox mode where you keep playing forever is addictive and fun. You can sink a whole day into it if you're feeling like it; other games just reach a point where it gets boring to watch your fully-developed city/dungeon/whatever run itself but I don't get bored doing it in Startopia: the fact that every now and then a damn Thrasher goes on a rampage in the engineering deck might be responsible. The commentator is funny too.

"I can't hear you. We're in space, remember?"
"The Greys used to visit Earth. But now they've cut on the cattle-abducting and circle-cropping that they used to do."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2014, 01:22:20 am »

Question for mastahcheese: If you would be doing that hypothetical Silent Storm forum LP at some point, which game would you be doing? The original, or Sentinels? Because I have half a mind of trying my hand at it, and it wouldn't do to have two people doing the same game.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2014, 03:44:52 pm »

I'd probably do the Sentinels one, since that's the one I downloaded.

Also, when I feel better, I may do a forum LP of WazHack, this game is hilarious, it's like NetHack, but a lot more intuitive.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2014, 03:55:45 pm »

Breaking into segments is fun as hell, but the sandbox mode where you keep playing forever is addictive and fun. You can sink a whole day into it if you're feeling like it; other games just reach a point where it gets boring to watch your fully-developed city/dungeon/whatever run itself but I don't get bored doing it in Startopia: the fact that every now and then a damn Thrasher goes on a rampage in the engineering deck might be responsible. The commentator is funny too.

"The Greys used to visit Earth. But now they've cut on the cattle-abducting and circle-cropping that they used to do."

I love gardening. Give me the cold, moist land to generate alien artifacts! :D

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2014, 09:49:18 pm »

Also, when I feel better, I may do a forum LP of WazHack, this game is hilarious, it's like NetHack, but a lot more intuitive.

I got that 2 days ago and its great.  Its like Nethack for people who don't want to spend half their time herding a cat or typing "Elbereth".  And it has some really cool new stuff, like leveling up as a polymorphed creature separately from your main class, or getting a human follower who can be given all the same gear as you.

My main complaint so far besides the occasional glitches is how low your starting health is.  There are some really cheap deaths that can happen before you get a chance to level up.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2014, 10:45:32 pm »

Yeah, I know. An sometimes the game will just give you the finger and have you step on a teleport trap, and you wind up in between two hill giants. I mean, come on, that was lame.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2014, 11:04:56 pm »

And the gas gems.

"You killed the goblin!"
"The gas gem emits gas"
"You have died"
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

C-SH4M4N

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2014, 08:03:49 am »

I love gardening. Give me the cold, moist land to generate alien artifacts! :D

I was never good at gardening ... but I loved flooding the whole bio-deck. It made for amusing situations; tourists would beam-up to the place and suddenly, WHAT?! WHERE? WATER?? ARRGH!!! :P

The controls for that area are quite impressive. Moisture, Sunlight, elevation, temperature ... a real Zen experience.
Pages: 1 [2]