Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 170185 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1020 on: August 06, 2018, 06:57:20 pm »

Got to hang out with a friend of mine from Boston this weekend before he left. A blunt and two half bottles of liquor later, I was trying to hit on him and he was being incredibly obtuse about it.

Terapin makes a beer called "Luau," oh fuckin forget about it, that is hands down my favorite IPA on the market right now.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: August 07, 2018, 10:52:00 am »

Somewhat related - 27 years old, never been drunk. Go to a pub 4/7 days a week, order a single pint of coke every time.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: August 07, 2018, 11:05:36 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:07:17 pm by dragdeler »
let

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: August 07, 2018, 11:25:45 am »

I kinda get it.  When I lived alone I occasionally went to the local brewery, for food and...  just being around strangers in a relaxed setting, maybe watching some TV.  Sometimes even strike up a banal, comfortable conversation.

And then maybe pick up a growler for home, heh, but I never really got tipsy at the location.  Seemed unwise.
Nowadays my housemate and I sometimes go together, or with another friend, and that's a lot of fun.  Even when I DD, it's fun.  It's a good place to people-watch and relax with friends.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: August 07, 2018, 11:31:56 am »

What?! I don't know if that ritual is cute or even wierder. Aren't you curious at all? I mean even a strict non-alcoholic can do crazy culinary experiments? I hope that's not offensive, I just want to know more.
The adrenaline and raised blood pressure/heartrate from a stimulant can balance or outstrip the calming and pressure-lowering effects of a narcotic/relaxant. This is referred to as a "Speedball". However, as stimulants will often have shorter durations of effect when metabolized, this can lead to dangerous or even deadly interactions when the stimulant leaves the body. As the effects initially balance each other out, potentially much greater amounts of the narcotic may be consumed than the individual might otherwise choose/be capable of due to staying awake and alert from the stimulant. When the stimulating effects trail off, the remaining relaxant may lower the blood pressure to harmful, possibly fatal levels.

And that, kids, is why you shouldn't drink booze after snorting a pint of cocaine.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: August 07, 2018, 11:46:46 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:07:10 pm by dragdeler »
let

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 07, 2018, 12:42:35 pm »

actually a speedball is when you snort a bump and drink a redbull

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 07, 2018, 12:47:09 pm »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 07, 2018, 01:02:51 pm »

...A pint?

Well, I guess that can go on the bucket list. Right at the bottom. Just in case.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 07, 2018, 01:25:29 pm »

well, enjoy being right >.>
I always do.

...A pint?

Well, I guess that can go on the bucket list. Right at the bottom. Just in case.
Best part about it is, if you *DO* somehow manage to survive, you'll end up doing so many more bucket-list things that you hadn't even gotten around to writing down yet!

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 08, 2018, 06:57:10 am »

I dunno, it's bad enough when you're drinking coke and someone makes you laugh, forcing it out of your nose accidentally. I don't know if I could willingly do it in reverse.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 08, 2018, 07:15:22 am »

What?! I don't know if that ritual is cute or even wierder. Aren't you curious at all? I mean even a strict non-alcoholic can do crazy culinary experiments? I hope that's not offensive, I just want to know more.

It's a mix of a learnt intolerance for alcohol, being as tight as a duck's arse, strict non-drinking before driving rules (not even a sip may pass my lips on any day I intend to drive, and I've always had to drive to or for work since my first job) and having an absurd, violent rage that descends upon me when drunk people are too loud or boisterous in my presence.  Even my best friends are liable to get told, quite firmly, to fuck right off if they're drunk.  On the other side, I go because it's part of my drive to be more sociable and I've got time to fill in the evenings between work and seeing my daughter/boardgaming etc.

On curiosity - Even if I could bring myself to physically imbibe that much alcohol, I'm pretty sure I'd be a depressed drunk and whether I am or not, I'd get so anxious about having fucked something up that the whole experience would be a decisively negative one.  I do drink occasionally - a sip of Baileys' or an occasional taste of mead at home on a quiet Saturday, and I can cook with alcohol as well.  I'm not morally teetotal, I just drink so infrequently that I'm more-or-less practically teetotal.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 08, 2018, 07:36:30 am »

Good for you. You'll likely live longer than me.

My wife's a non-drinker too, and I'm cool with that. As much as it'd be nice to share a glass of wine together, I can respect her choice to abstain. Plus, free designated driver for me! Never have to worry about going out to a restaurant and working out who's driving home.

Dunno whether my kids will end up taking after me or their mum. As a proud dad, I'm eagerly looking forward to sharing a beer with my son on his 18th, and shortly after that, drinking his light-weight ass under the table to show him who's still boss.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 09, 2018, 02:13:37 am »

See, Dragdeler, you're overthinking it.
When I was in high school I felt myself vehemently opposed to the booze (not to mention drugs) revered by the cool kids. 
Without ever really consciously thinking about it, I basically considered myself as a teetotaller.

As soon as I tried drinking properly, though (I think it may have been the time I pinched a bottle of whiskey from the alcohol cupboard and swigged away at it whilst reading a Ralph Cotton novel), however, I saw sense.

I pray that y'all might somehow also see the light.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 141