Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 169978 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1605 on: April 22, 2019, 01:34:33 pm »

Well, that makes 6 times today. Huzzah.

So much for making sure to rehydrate the day after...

EDIT: Oh, yes, and my girlfriend is of course furious with me. I've been getting the stinkeye + silent treatment all day, with the occasional dash of venom whenever she deigns to answer a question.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: April 22, 2019, 02:10:24 pm »

Well, that makes 6 times today. Huzzah.

Good times.

If it makes you feel any better, atleast you didn't wake up from your friend's couch, try to get up, horrible fail in it, and then vomit on your pants, the floor and pretty much everywhere else. (Or atleast I hope this didn't happen to you.)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: April 27, 2019, 01:54:59 am »

I wanted to get crunk tonight, as I have a four-day weekend and found a drink that reliably gets me tipsy in one serving (the big cans of Mike's Harder). Then I remembered the doctor said no. Everyone out there, take an extra shot/sip/etc. for me. (If you were already planning to imbibe and doing so would not be more alcohol than you are comfortable with. Stay safe.)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 01:58:08 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: April 27, 2019, 04:27:37 am »

Everyone out there, take an extra shot/sip/etc. for me.

Will do that if I end up drinking some beers today.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: April 28, 2019, 09:25:33 pm »

*dances all around*
"A circle, a circle."
Look: a circle!
and here I am, at the center, the center.

It was always there, as everything was.  I sit at the center, but I'm observing something beyond myself.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: April 29, 2019, 08:43:31 am »

I'm in my home state, drinking XXXX Bitter.
For some reason, Gold is easy to find most anywhere in the country, but Bitter (stronger and often considered the better beer, though I love 'em both) is hard to come by outside Queensland. Weird.

Oh well, time to listen to some heavy (bevvy?) metal and try to escape the weird maudlin inflicted on me by the bleak movie I unwisely decided to watch with my first two beers.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1611 on: May 02, 2019, 05:36:43 am »

So I'm gallivanting in China and boozing with the few "locals" who enjoy boozing (*locals is hardly an appropriate term, as southern/western Chinese coming to the North seem just as out of place as a complete foreigner as the rest), without whom I dare not purchase much local brews lest I kill myself or kill my wallet, lacking any knowledge of Chinese jiu brews or Chinese characters. I have however had some luck with some really good Chinese yellow wine. It has a strong flavour of rice and umami, about the same alcohol content as a grape wine, which makes it an absolute godsend for cooking meat and fish!
To trash my own health I've been perusing the stores large enough to stock foreign spirits, where I once even met foreign spirits (the couple hailed from Brazil, and were looking to get trashed. A rare and treasured encounter to be sure, in this crossroads of civilisations).

At this store I've found Japanese whiskies - no Suntory, just Akashi. The Akashi blended whisky reminds me a lot of a bottom or mid-shelf unbranded malt scotch, which may sound ungenerous, but speaks more to my high expectations of even the cheapest Scottish brews. While the Akashi is a bit pricey, it certainly drinks a lot easier than a bottom-shelf scotch, with the former being smooth enough while the latter can be used to clean your nostrils.

I also purchased a bottle of 18 year Glenffidich, which to date is the most expensive non-collector's drink I've ever purchased, coming at a pricetag of 6% my monthly salary. The salespeople were convinced I had limitless pockets; in truth, capital controls in China make it extremely difficult to send money home, so it's easier to buy expensive things in China than transfer cash. As to the Glenffidich, this 18 year whisky was a remarkably easy drink. Very simple, you can taste the time it's spent maturing sweetly in its sherry cask - it's a little sweet and leaves an incredibly faint vanilla aftertaste. It's good, but I disagree with the pricing - in my opinion you can get three better whiskies for the price of the 18yr special reserve. I also search for more complex whiskies with stronger flavours, aftertastes and a bit more kick, so personally I'd actually prefer a no age Dufftown tailfire than an 18 year Glenffidich, or something that feels like you're drinking a fire like Talisker storm. But if you're sharing with friends who don't like whisky, this is the one for them, as it's easily one of the most accessible whisky I've ever tasted and that wins it serious praise. Auchentoshan makes for a cheaper and by no means worse introduction though.

Lastly there's Doctor August, which is an "alcoholic tincture." Tastes of cranberry vodka, very cheap and you can drink lots of it with your m8s. Despite the comparison to vodka it's a really ambiguous liqueur so it's got mass appeal, and I hope it gains more international attention

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: May 02, 2019, 06:45:47 am »

... lacking any knowledge of Chinese jiu brews or Chinese characters. I have however had some luck with some really good Chinese yellow wine.

Are you sure that’s wine?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1613 on: May 02, 2019, 07:29:50 am »

Are you sure that’s wine?
It's not wine; yellow wine is just the closest English translation for 黄酒 / huangjiu I've heard

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: May 02, 2019, 07:35:26 am »

So long as it's not the "wine" from that old Fate of the Dragon RTS, it's fine.

How the fuck does one unit of corn and two units of pigs make wine? The fuck are they drinking?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: May 02, 2019, 09:52:55 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 09:53:31 am by dragdeler »
let

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: May 02, 2019, 04:56:49 pm »

Just got back from a work conference in Melbourne. Three day, two night, all expenses paid, including free booze (beer and wine, but no spirits) every night. It's always amusing to see a bunch of middle-aged professional men and women after you pour as much alcohol as they can drink into them and set them loose. Gotta say I really enjoyed myself, even if I'm gonna have to pay for it with a strict diet to work off all the extra calories I've indulged in over the last few days.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: May 05, 2019, 03:55:58 am »

Was walking along the path then I saw some psilocybe subaeruginosa and I ate them.
Love that path.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: May 05, 2019, 05:33:50 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 09:53:20 am by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: May 05, 2019, 05:56:18 am »

The old creative arts school I went to, which enforced a strict "No drugs or alcohol zone" around the entire campus, was situated more or less in the middle of a lovely green forest.

A lovely green forest that, within a few dozen meters of crossing its boundary, was absolutely infested with magic mushrooms.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 141