Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 170130 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1710 on: June 23, 2019, 12:27:21 pm »

I've never seen the point of strip clubs, personally.

I mean, are they just some kind of relic from the days before high speed internet made seeing lady parts available from the comfort of your own home? I've been to a fair few clubs in the past, sometimes with girlfriends, sometimes with guys, bucks parties and so on, but never really saw the attraction. Since it's all 'look but don't touch' it never really did anything for me. I suppose if you're saving up stuff for the ol' spank bank maybe, but again, why do you think the net was born?
Same reason why you have people who prefer to learn from a tutor in person vs learn in an online course

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: June 23, 2019, 08:00:11 pm »

I've never seen the point of strip clubs, personally.

I mean, are they just some kind of relic from the days before high speed internet made seeing lady parts available from the comfort of your own home? I've been to a fair few clubs in the past, sometimes with girlfriends, sometimes with guys, bucks parties and so on, but never really saw the attraction. Since it's all 'look but don't touch' it never really did anything for me. I suppose if you're saving up stuff for the ol' spank bank maybe, but again, why do you think the net was born?
Same reason why you have people who prefer to learn from a tutor in person vs learn in an online course

I don't think that's what tutors are supposed to do.

Also, I read today that drinking alcohol is borrowing happiness from tomorrow. Hangover + anxiety/depression that might last a week. But also, tomorrow is Monday, and I'm not going to enjoy that anyway.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 08:07:02 pm by Iduno »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: June 24, 2019, 04:53:49 am »

I don't think that's what tutors are supposed to do.
We clearly haven't been watching the same educational videos.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: June 25, 2019, 05:26:22 am »

Gonna have to fire someone tomorrow, so I'm preemptively drinking. Hopefully she doesn't cry too much. I hate it when they cry.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: June 25, 2019, 05:28:17 am »

I'm sorry, I couldn't help but OOCQ that. Sounds like a bummer, though, hope it goes as smooth as possible!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: June 25, 2019, 05:41:16 am »

Gonna have to fire someone tomorrow, so I'm preemptively drinking. Hopefully she doesn't cry too much. I hate it when they cry.
when you drink the day before because she will be fired - thats harsh.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: June 26, 2019, 08:38:06 am »

Well, that feels better. Dead wood is gone. Now I've just gotta unfuck the roster and life should be much easier.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: June 27, 2019, 08:04:08 am »

I'm drinking this cheap, bottom-shelf white rum from the local bottleshop mixed with some extremely flat ginger ale I found on top of the fridge. I mean, it's better than drinking it straight, I guess, considering it tastes kinda like turpentine. Note: I already drank numerous straight shots of it earlier on.   

If anyone asks, just tell 'em I'm already pre-drinking for tomorrow night. *shrug*
Good gods, I hadda fix so many damn tuypos in this post...   

Edit: yeah, I feel like I'm p. drunk at this point. Hooray!   
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 10:41:09 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: June 27, 2019, 09:25:25 pm »

Also, I read today that drinking alcohol is borrowing happiness from tomorrow. Hangover + anxiety/depression that might last a week. But also, tomorrow is Monday, and I'm not going to enjoy that anyway.

Pfft. Anxiety/depression is yesterday, today, and probably tomorrow. The only downside of a hangover is the goddamn nausea. Headaches are fine, tiredness is all the time anyway, but I really don't like that heavy feeling on the belly, and the tension all the way up the throat.

Haven't been like that for a while though. Living in a place in which the only way to get to a pub is to drive is kinda sucky.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: June 27, 2019, 10:02:35 pm »

I do sometimes notice increased anxiety whilst hungover. Generally only lasts a day, though! Unless I drunkenly spent all my bloody money on last night's binge, in which case it can last until payday or beyond...

Anyway! Enough talk of hangovers! I seem to have slept mine off already, and it is only 1pm! Sounds like time to start drinking again! :D 😁

Don't worry, I'll follow up my solo drinking with some (more pleasant but less economical) social drinking tonight whilst seeing bands, assuming I can decide what gig(s) to attend.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: June 27, 2019, 10:05:31 pm »

Heavily buzzed on my elderberry/grapefruit oil manuka mead. I've probably said this in the past but getting drunk is a whole new experience if the cause of your drunkenness is your own closet hooch.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: June 27, 2019, 10:20:29 pm »

Yeah, that's one hobby I wouldn't mind getting started on. Just need to clean out the garage and set up some bench space for a good setup.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: June 28, 2019, 03:33:29 am »

Pfft. Anxiety/depression is yesterday, today, and probably tomorrow. The only downside of a hangover is the goddamn nausea. Headaches are fine, tiredness is all the time anyway, but I really don't like that heavy feeling on the belly, and the tension all the way up the throat.

Haven't been like that for a while though. Living in a place in which the only way to get to a pub is to drive is kinda sucky.

Yeah, being constantly "at-risk" of hurling all day is a damn nightmare. Everything else can just kinda be pushed through, the nausea locks you down.

Haven't tried it when I'm at full purge mode, but sweating heavily seems to help my general feeling of "bleh-ness" clear up... For as enticing an idea exercising is when hungover.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: June 28, 2019, 04:15:19 am »

Mmmm, hangover sweat sesh... damnit, as if I wasn't missing summer enough already! Espesh' Queensland summer.   

In other news, I haven't stopped drinking. Trying to muster up the motivation to get ready and go out tonight, but I dunno. I should really have a shower, and that requires effort.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: June 28, 2019, 05:07:47 am »

I think I should try getting drunk and then having a sauna. Apparently it's great stuff, just ask the Finns.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 141