Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 170155 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1755 on: July 21, 2019, 07:10:09 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 09:50:40 am by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: July 21, 2019, 07:38:56 am »

What are they building the train first?
It's summer, which means they're doing maintenance work while "everyone" is on vacation and therefore not at all inconvenienced by having to take the hot, stuffy, poorly-ventilated bus replacement service instead of the train during the hottest months. And as with most maintenance, you want to close off every parallel track on the nearly 40-kilometer stretch so that no trains at all can run on any track for that entire distance. With such a tall order, you obviously need enough time to get all the maintenance work done, so it's completely closed for about one and a half months.

Also the listed bus departure times on the website, app, and ticket machines are all wrong, and you basically just have to be there standing in line and hope you're not getting the one "funky" bus which takes an hour and a half instead of just 50 minutes to get you into the capital.

Current reports indicate that they'll need to keep doing this every summer for the next 10 years in order to get everything properly ship-shape.

EDIT: Current time: 23:29. Bus to the airport for Poland flight is at 3:47 AM. Had a few beers already, having gone out to the usual pub some time around 22:00.

Q: Go out to different pub to get even more sloshed for Poland flight? y/y

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: July 22, 2019, 04:48:06 am »

One of my true loves is free booze on international flights. I know the airline's just doing it to shut your ass up, but I'm always ready to have my need-hole filled with ethanol, so as far as I'm concerned it's a win-win!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: July 30, 2019, 02:09:32 am »

My favourite cougar recently got herself a fella closer to her own age (and good on her!) but now I am wrapped in the arms of my second favourite Cougar - that is to say, the brand of bourbon.   

I think this, coupled with the beers I had earlier, is finally getting me a li'l drunk. I can still feel my borked collarbone and self-loathing, though.
I'm listening to an old Tiger Army CD of mine, which probably doesn't help with the latter...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: July 30, 2019, 03:45:32 am »

My Christian values! Shove yah rooster values in the snake pit where you originated.
What does this threads restroom look like? Lets just say there is plenty of space for more urinals must be the reason we keep pissing on the floor and whats with the hole in the cubicles?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: July 30, 2019, 06:52:48 am »

One of my true loves is free booze on international flights.

Free booze definitely is one of the best things in life. Can't say no when someone mentions it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: July 30, 2019, 10:44:09 am »

I've... I've finally broken down and accepted that, with my limited cookware being what it is, and my pasta pot being the size it is... I need to break my spaghetti in half in order for it to cook properly.

Perdonami, nonna

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: July 30, 2019, 07:34:18 pm »

I've... I've finally broken down and accepted that, with my limited cookware being what it is, and my pasta pot being the size it is... I need to break my spaghetti in half in order for it to cook properly.

Perdonami, nonna

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: July 30, 2019, 07:36:36 pm »

Oh hey I got drunk for realsies for the first time in like, half a decade.

We all decided to get drunk at home and play FFXIV. There were 3 of us and some poor bastard or other got random-queued for 4-man dungeons with us each time (not the same guy).

All of them found us agreeable.

The last time I got really drunk and played an MMO I gave away all my money to some guy who rezzed me because I just loved them so much man. This time worked out pretty good.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: July 30, 2019, 09:11:18 pm »

Norwegian chick who was all over me when we met at the bar a week ago (and who I then came back from ordering drinks to find with her hand deep in some other dude's crotch) hasn't said a word in regards to the coffee date we were supposed to have tomorrow, now that I'm back from Poland.

Polish chick who was making eyes at me was at the bar tonight with her friend and both were talking about lifting their legs in bed, but then they just went home and left me there to listen to the woes and wonderings of other drunk men. Particularly the one fellow who was insistently shoving his hands between the legs of the Canadian gal who really wanted nothing of the sort.

It's been a weird, kinda humiliating, kinda demoralizing evening, but I got to talk shit with the English bartender and end the night with a fistbump so it's all good.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: July 31, 2019, 12:18:49 pm »

Particularly the one fellow who was insistently shoving his hands between the legs of the Canadian gal who really wanted nothing of the sort.

It's been a weird, kinda humiliating, kinda demoralizing evening, but I got to talk shit with the English bartender and end the night with a fistbump so it's all good.

The part in MST3K where they would start boo-ing at the screen.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: July 31, 2019, 03:10:48 pm »

I didn't get drunk last night but I bottled my mead and drank what I didn't have bottles for. That amounted to the highly scientific measurement of "one large glass" of ~14.5% ABV mead over the course of about three hours.

I've been nursing the telltale day-long headache I always end up with after any substantial drinking. I don't know if I'm just babying the yeast wrong and they're producing evil alcohol to spite me or if I can handle drinking just fine but not the day after.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: August 02, 2019, 05:55:44 pm »

Methanol

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: August 02, 2019, 07:10:18 pm »

Dry July is over! Time to swing past the bottlo and grab a few.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: August 02, 2019, 08:44:43 pm »

Damnit, I never got around to making a joke about mixing my drinks with "dry". I guess there's always next year...

In other drunk news, well, I don't have much to contribute. I'm broke for another week or so, I've run out of Cougar bourbon (not to mention beer) and the family member I'm staying with tends to be painfully reluctant to lend me money for booze, so... things are looking rather bleak.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 08:46:29 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 141