Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 170079 times)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1785 on: August 26, 2019, 01:19:01 pm »

Just about to pop open a can of beer and watch some Stargate SG-1 after a rather unfruitful day.

(Well, actually popped the can open and took the first sips while typing this brief message.)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: August 26, 2019, 01:38:14 pm »

Anyway, what's everyone drinking? Now that I'm current on the thread I'm curious O_O

I'm kind of glad the good beer store is about 15 minutes drive away. I pick up a variety of delicious stuff that lasts ~1 month each time, and it costs 1-2 days wages. Summer beers lower that temptation, though. I'm not a fan of hops-only flavoring, and malty or yeast-based tastes are "too thick" for people.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: August 29, 2019, 08:36:26 pm »

Thought I'd pick up some sort of alcohol based on this video tonight but I didn't. Instead I racked my mead and had a taste. Not quite enough to get any kind of buzz, weighing in at 5.x and 6.x percent each at the moment.

Not just any mead - it's a capsicumel, or chili mead. Used jalapenos so it tastes a bit vegetal but spicy booze is surprisingly tasty. Next time I might attempt mango habanero or something.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: August 30, 2019, 08:08:22 am »

Next time I might attempt mango habanero or something.

That sounds amazing, but use less habanero than you'd think. Mango habanero (or lemon habanero) is delicious in ice cream as well.  Much less grass flavor than jalapeno.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: August 30, 2019, 11:47:28 am »

Jeez. You could buy at least two dozen beer bottles for that price here in Russia.

Not more than that? If we're talking vulgar pils I can get you 24x25cl below 20€... For 40€ you'd get a box (24x) of most fancy beers.
"At least" implies "could more than that".
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: August 31, 2019, 03:04:53 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 09:50:21 am by dragdeler »
let

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: September 07, 2019, 10:16:45 pm »

Hnnf, restored my gin reserve, so comfy.  I'm fine with things.  I'm fine with a lot of things.  Mmn.

Hehe, I'm not sure why I've settled on gin exactly.  Liquor-wise vodka was my first impression, though it was the absolute worst kind.  And ages ago.  I stuck with it for a while.  Beer in public, vodka in private, trying to decrypt Metal Gear Solid 2.  and Marathon, natch.

Discovering wine was quite nice.  Red, of course.  I was feminine enough just for going wine, white was right out.  Had to look strong.  Such a mix of cost effectiveness and taste, though. 

And for a while there it was rum!  I guess because pirates.  Maybe also because it was often spiced and I liked that, and it was also delightfully... contrarian to my family history of diabetes.  F U, sugar.  You're not so tough when distilled into a spicey- waaaaah~

I guess cheap gin is just something a tried for variety, and stuck with because of a friend-group meme of it being "the drink of the people" (an assertion one of my friends insists is stupid, but that's part of the joke, see).  Maybe I also like the taste of juniper.  As aftertastes go, it's... better than cheap beer, that's for sure.  It's a good baseline of how far I went the previous night.

Which, I suppose, is tonight!  Ora!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: September 08, 2019, 05:08:26 am »

As a tip, mixing gin and wine might seem a cost-effective method of curing sobriety, but my personal experiences have repeatedly shown it to be a profoundly poor long-term life choice.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: September 08, 2019, 05:38:06 am »

So, I met a couple friends out at the usual pub for a drink or two, to unwind after the week.

A few hours later, they've dressed me up as a pimp and I'm parading them around town as my multicolored hoes. I got home at 3:15.

It was a fun night.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: September 09, 2019, 06:49:56 pm »

So, I met a couple friends out at the usual pub for a drink or two, to unwind after the week.

A few hours later, they've dressed me up as a pimp and I'm parading them around town as my multicolored hoes. I got home at 3:15.

It was a fun night.

Plus, you made rent for the month.

And the discussion of mixing things (in the inadvisable way) reminds me of the drink I learned from My Drunk Kitchen, back when that was a thing on Youtube. Whiskey and Apple Juice, about 1 part to 3, depending on your tolerance. It tastes like "there might be some alcohol in here, but I can't tell how much." Downsides are waking up in the middle of the night sitting up in a couch with the TV still running. Also, you probably don't need the giant bottle of apple juice, because you probably don't need to drink that much.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 06:54:10 pm by Iduno »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: September 12, 2019, 01:35:37 am »

Gods yeah, have I- no I somehow didn't mention the fuckin' intense apple-moonshine my housemate shared?
It's all drunk now, and then the eating layed them AND A DANG FRIEND out haha, eating the core of soaked apple.

The moonshine, it tasted like apple, mostly, of course.  But the taste of crust... godss, how did they do it?  The feel of... my taste buds are SHOT, yet somehow I had the nuance of crust in my mouth!  It was as delicious as it was deceptively inebriating, but sadly I only ever had a sip.  Saw it work on my friends though, eheehe.

Apple-moonshine... Gods save me, I think the next batch might be pear.  Bury me in a shallow grave.  Apple is tastier, but pears will kill me with a single sip, damn sugar~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaX3U1w2Kjg
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: September 12, 2019, 02:58:53 am »

My wife and I have been working on the kahlua that she got for our wedding a few weeks ago. Being a lover of coffee, hard liquor and sugary dessert drinks, it's now my favorite alcoholic drink ever.

I want to try and make mead, but it will have to wait until we have our own place. I doubt people would appreciate us operating a still out of the shared kitchen.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: September 12, 2019, 03:18:53 am »

If you like the intensely saccharine normal Kahlúa, then more power to you... But if it's just a touch too much, then try and get your hands on some Kahlúa Especial. Less sugar, much stronger coffee flavor, higher percentage. I'd never be able to drink the normal one neat, but Especial works quite nicely.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: September 12, 2019, 04:25:18 am »

I do itty-bitty sips out of tiny glasses, but still end up drinking quite a lot of it. I'll try especial next time though, as I do like whiskey, vodka etc. neat as well. (But not black coffee oddly enough.)
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: September 12, 2019, 02:49:09 pm »

If you like the intensely saccharine normal Kahlúa, then more power to you... But if it's just a touch too much, then try and get your hands on some Kahlúa Especial. Less sugar, much stronger coffee flavor, higher percentage. I'd never be able to drink the normal one neat, but Especial works quite nicely.

That sounds better. There's not enough alcohol or caffeine in Kahlua, so you've got to drink a few mugs of it. And if you thought the the sugar is excessive at normal dosages, just imagine drinking it straight (I had to cut it).

Also, my brother is stuck missing Oktoberfest because of the hurricane. He's actually missing a lot of stuff. He can't get to the store, so someone else drink a few of these for him? I recommend bing cherries instead of maraschino, and fresh juice when possible.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 141